Goodbye Charan

can a mod close this already? at this rate this topic will still be on the top of the page next year and could reach 100 pages of pure nonsense. or at least move it to off topic
Don't know who that is.
"
can a mod close this already? at this rate this topic will still be on the top of the page next year and could reach 100 pages of pure nonsense. or at least move it to off topic

Seems like an odd thing to be bothered about...
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
emulatin wrote:
Don't know who that is.

Most recently, Charan used an account that was Chinese (or Japanese?) characters. I believe that he was the only person with an account name made of of Kanji characters (or whatever they are called). He posted very often.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Oct 17, 2019, 1:22:35 PM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"

Seems like an odd thing to be bothered about...

i'm just tired of seeing it...it has been on the top of GD for a month now and i dont see it stopping, people will always bump it back up.
this thread has served its purpose,so why cant we let it die already?
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Oct 17, 2019, 1:51:12 PM
"
Turtledove wrote:
He posted very often.

Understatement of the year
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
srogi_kotek wrote:

At one point Charan didn't even play anymore, he just commented on the forum.

He was still playing occasionally, leveling up a variety of different characters, most of them with clever and amusing names. I know because he was still on my friends list and I would see him every so often.

For whatever reason, he has left PoE. I hope he is doing well and enjoying whatever he is pursuing now.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
srogi_kotek wrote:
This “Charan” dude left, because he became relic, whose presence has become very uncomfortable for GGG, while he himself became more and more frustrated. To understand this, you need to go back in time to the very beginning of PoE. Until a time when several Diablo 2 enthusiasts decided to create something that would be a kind of "Diablo 2 remastered version". According to the original assumptions, it was supposed to be a game "created by players" for other players, in which its creators themselves will be happy to play.

And at first it really was, which attracted idealists like Charan. Idealists who decided to support the game with large amounts of money, without demanding shares in the company, although for $ 12,000 they could simply become shareholders (keep in mind that we're talking about a very small company all the time). It was something like a "gentleman's agreement": we give money in exchange for which you enable us to influence the development of the game. Informally.

Such a system operated until a small company turned into a large company, which began to earn big money. Then all these "informal shareholders" became ballast. Their money was no longer needed by GGG for anything, that is, if someone wanted to give it to them, they took it, but only those who had real shares in the company could decide about the shape of the game. A moment later, the "main shareholder" decided to secure a lifelong vacation and sold the game to Tencent. This was already too much for most "old whales" who have ceased to influence anything about the game, but began to be aware of wasted money.

At one point Charan didn't even play anymore, he just commented on the forum. He critically commented. And recently he probably learned that something was going to be announced at Exilecon that he would never accept, so he decided to leave. And since the departure of such a person looks very ugly from a marketing point of view, GGG has erased all traces of his presence on the forum :)

As said he donated so much money to this point, i could literally buy a large apartment here in Slovenia, which he spent on this game. he contributed to this game, that none can get near. If that is a truth i feel sad for @GGG to delete his traces.

@Kripparrian saw this much earlier, where things were going. Sadly many of us still pray for 4.0 as a real comeback to what we believed in the first place and the game to receive a complete overhaul as POE 2.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
Last edited by Farystar on Oct 19, 2019, 7:39:35 AM
I'm fine with where the game is going.
"
Nizreb915 wrote:
I'm fine with where the game is going.

Just trolling or are you serious ? O_o, because clearly game that is nowadays revolved around few 1 shot builds, that if you manage to make it to endgame... so is this the right way, that everyone copies, including me because i don't see any better way.

We like to see Hardcore actually be long term viable and not 1 shot speed mechanics from nowhere to be seen, with tons of effects on screen and no way to see something coming specially as close combat char.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
Last edited by Farystar on Oct 19, 2019, 9:15:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info