Goodbye Charan

So it appears to me Charan has scrubbed his account and presence in this forum.

I will miss his wits and intelligence in this forums. And for his take of POE lore and perspective of how POE/GGG had evolved over the years.

Goodbye Charan. So long and thanks for all the fish.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Last edited by Jerle on Nov 29, 2019, 10:50:09 PM
Last bumped on Mar 7, 2020, 9:01:02 PM
Weird that he would bail right before ExileCon... has anyone heard from him?

Maybe the Insane Clown MTX was the last nail?
I am quite frequently not so miserable as it would be wise to be - T.H. White

As playtime approaches infinity, access to content approaches unity.
- Azraeil (2014)
Maybe he's forsaking the forums and exclusively posting on reddit from here on out.
It could be any number of things.

His health, the fiancee, maybe a dust-up with the GGG folks about exilcon. Perhaps his ego got the best of him being the only "ruler" left somewhat active. He wanted d a bigger role?

Or perhaps this just ran its course.

Who knows. Maybe he will actually write something, or do some charity work. Honestly his time and resources were most likely wasted here.

I do wish him luck and good health if he is in fact gone.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
his poetry was definitely lost on me
though ever since the tencent happenings he just seemed bitter. jealous, perhaps.

i also wish him good health, even if he isn't gone. but leaving this forum would probably contribute to it
"
xMustard wrote:
his poetry was definitely lost on me
though ever since the tencent happenings he just seemed bitter. jealous, perhaps.

i also wish him good health, even if he isn't gone. but leaving this forum would probably contribute to it

I'd feel bitter too if I supported a game company with tens of thousands of dollars, then they sell out to a multi-billion dollar conglomerate.

"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Sep 25, 2019, 12:45:50 AM

I dunno why but I feel .. sadness.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
Last edited by element274 on Sep 25, 2019, 1:13:34 AM
It's been downhill ever since the Great Duping of Lightning Coils in, what was it, Breach? Harbinger?
I’ve also lost considerable interest, the game is all work and no play make jack a dull boy...

"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
I wonder what set this off.

There are a lot of things that I can think of. Ranging from material in alpha testing that finally broke the camel's back, to learning something we won't know until ExileCon, to his own medical conditions.

I suppose a simple lack of interest in Path of Exile may have occurred, but that's happened in the past. And he's never just outright removed his footprint from it. He's been a stoic defender of what he supported, and one of the critics of its change into something we (I say we loosely and broadly - some of the old guard supporters never wanted this speed-shooter click'em'up we have today) did not want.

I feel even stranger, knowing he was one of the few people I knew prior to joining this community (Battle.net era), and having him completely absent, despite a lack of prior communication every day will be odd.

I guess we'll find out, when we see 4.0's material, whether this is was a portent of Path of Exile's development or just personal choice.

EDIT: For some reason I still doubted your claims, and went to check PMs from the past, which I never deleted. They're gone, too. Guess it's official. Charan has moved on. The only thing we lack is a reason and closure. If he's at ExileCon, get an answer out of him for us would you, Jerle?
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Sep 25, 2019, 2:31:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info