Goodbye Charan

The worst part is all his posts and threads were removed. All that insight of the lore is gone forever it seems. It's a shame. His alpha account is still there but no telling if that'll get deleted too.

Charan, if you're reading this thank you for the amount of effort, time and money you've put into this game and it's community. Good luck in your future endeavors. ♥
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
The worst part is all his posts and threads were removed. All that insight of the lore is gone forever it seems. It's a shame.

I agree, it's really sad.
I'm getting that feeling of "changing of an era"...
I'm an ex-exile beacuse I play more rewarding ARPGs! :-P

I miss the "Daily Insightful Charan" with my coffee!

English is not my main language: that means I'll write strange things! :-D
It's a poorer forum for sure with him gone. He was one of the few posters around who actually put a good amount of thought into what he had to say before he posted it, so if he had an opinion you could be damn sure he was loaded for bear if you challenged it.

The thing about these forums, though--as old-timers will confirm--is that the average quality of posts has continually dropped, especially over the past few years, and moderation has been anything but consistent. In short, this environment has become much more hostile to thoughtful posters than it used to be. (Not reddit-bad, but bad enough.) It's always sad to see community members like this depart, but it's hardly surprising. And yes, the state of the forums and the state of the game do indeed go hand in hand. If one is a shitshow, you can lay pretty even odds on the other being a shitshow.

Charan has moved on and won't be posting here again on any account, but he's in a much better space for it now, so be happy for him. Like DarthSki44 indicated above, his efforts were mostly wasted on this community anyhow. But "writers gotta write," so my #1 hope for him now is that he find a superior outlet for it.
Wash your hands, Exile!
I don't think he's gone for good. It doesn't seem right that he'd just fade off.

He could still be here, among the many fake profiles. I'm like 99% sure that private profile that was in here bashing on him earlier was him.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
Rage quit / 10.
What's weird is that his posts are just gone, and not still there but with a deleted account name instead.
Good bye, Charan! The forum will be worse without your presence.

Hope you have found something cool to tickle your fancy now that POE has degenerated so far. Please let us know once it pans out, it would be good to hear of sensible alternatives.

/E: Wow, even his PMs have been deleted from my messages. There must have been one helluva break between him and GGG/tencent
May your maps be bountiful, exile
Last edited by SisterBlister on Sep 25, 2019, 6:59:23 AM
Good bye Charan, thank you.
Hf :)
"
TepecTepec wrote:
lol

You would lurk too, if you learned of a goodbye thread with your name on it.
Wash your hands, Exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info