Goodbye Charan

Sorry to hear this. Wish him all the best.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Maybe the next master in game will be called Charan....
"
j33bus wrote:
What's weird is that his posts are just gone, and not still there but with a deleted account name instead.

Expunged from PoE history like Moses from Egypt.
"
Mythreindeer wrote:
"
j33bus wrote:
What's weird is that his posts are just gone, and not still there but with a deleted account name instead.

Expunged from PoE history like Moses from Egypt.

Sword still in game.
Might take some value now.
Well, fuck.
One of the reasons I have visited the forums every day for 7 years is Charan.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Sep 25, 2019, 9:00:51 AM
People grow. Let's respect his wishes and pretend he was never here.
He was a big contributer, wrote eloquently and struck me as somewhat of a weirdo.
What ever the case he will be missed on the forums.
May he rest in peperonis.
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
These are some very sad news to me. His uniques were something that brought me into this game. When I first saw them in the wiki (especiall The Goddess Unleashed back then) and read that the recipe wasn't known, I was immediately sucked in. The first time I commented something in this forum was something regarding the recipe for The Goddess Unleashed.

I don't think I've ever read more than a handful of posts of his that didn't have a LOT of thought put into them. I hope this was purely his decision and had a good reason.

Charan, you were a HUGE part of this forum, whether you like it or not. I hope we haven't seen the last of you, but I fear that is the case. Best of luck and may whatever community you dwell in now be more deserving of your presence.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
who?
I emailed Charan, and he gave me permission to share his response. He's read this thread and is very appreciate of everyone's well wishes.

Essentially, a combination of the "Insane Clown Posse" MTX, the game's general direction veering so far from what it was, and some super secret Exilecon announcement that pissed him off is what caused Charan to close his account.

He knows some will make fun of him for "rage quitting", but he pretty much had enough of how Tencent has changed GGG (and PoE) for the worse.

Hope this helps.

/sarcasm
Last edited by brgillespie on Sep 25, 2019, 9:48:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info