Goodbye Charan

"
Are people really surprised, though? Last I knew, he wasn't even playing anymore. He consistently brought up criticisms that otherwise were drowned out by the non-stop circlejerking. He probably just finally gave up.

To me, this is a sign of the approaching end. Nobody else with any clout is that critical of GGG, it can only go down faster from here.

Public Service Announcement:

Circle Jerk™ does not approve of, condone or recommend jerking be performed underwater whilst drowning at any time.

Thank you.

This message has been approved by Circle Jerk™ Ltd. Circle Jerk™ Ltd. is a subsidiary of Vulgar Motion Spheres® Corporation.

Circle Jerk™ and Vulgar Motion Spheres® are registered trademarks of Meat Tugging Misfits™ Inc.
"
Turtledove wrote:
Charan is an author. I think that this is his book. Does anyone know for sure?

https://smile.amazon.com/W.-James-Chan/e/B00UMTRLEW?ref_=dbs_p_ebk_r00_abau_000000

I will add this to the wish list. I'm getting tired of reading history books.
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
rhah wrote:
Does anyone know what happens to your post history and pms in that case?

When someone deletes their account, their posts and PM's remain. The account name is just changed to "deleted" on those posts and PM's. So Charan must have had the moderators delete all of his posts and PM's.

He didn't ask them to, no. He only asked for an account deletion. The deletion of posts and PMs was a "bonus."

But he was fine with it.

(I assume Chris recognized the gravity of his request and acted accordingly.)
Wash your hands, Exile!
I expect at some future date via some source (likely not these forums) we’ll get a lengthy epistle from him explaining it all. I can’t see him riding off into the sunset without taking a final shot over his shoulder at some point. If he doesn’t, I’ll find that a very anticlimactic end and that would never do for an author.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
He regularly mentioned tencent. I think he was ahead of the curve on the whole game industry being a bunch of quislings thing that many of us recently discovered. Forget not that GGG is 100% owned by china.
"
Nizreb915 wrote:
Whatever. I been playing since open beta and the game seems better than ever to me.

Yes, to you and many others. There are other others, however, who disagree. One of them is Charan.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Charan has "quit" a few times before

Once back when his build got nerfed (because his reasoning dictated it should not because while it could be an brokenly OP skill his build did not make it so)

And again when tencent bought GGG

This one he has went a little further but given the timing i would say this is a protest of sorts what with what is happening in hong kong, and GGG being owned by china
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
L M A O
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
@Charan is present in some ways, many don't know. He messaged me about my quitting, since i am early supporter, that has been immortalized in the end-game credits and this time it is probably forever unless @GGG brings something amazing to 4.0.

From my quote:

"Thank your for confirming my reasons to quit, unless 4.0 brings something spectacular to the table that means...slower paced game with more noticeable animations, less effects on screen etc and overall complete overhaul of the mechanics and amazing variety in builds no one has ever seen or not in a long time."
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
Should respect his wishes and not post his PMs here. He wants to be "gone"... let him. The removed his posts. They would only do that because they respected his wishes. Our posts are their property. They didn't have to do that. Let him go, people.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info