Goodbye Charan

"
girng wrote:
"
Moridin79 wrote:
I stopped taking him seriously when he boycotted Bestiary citing animal cruelty.

LOL did he really?

Pretty much....yeah....lol
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
Moridin79 wrote:
"
girng wrote:
"
Moridin79 wrote:
I stopped taking him seriously when he boycotted Bestiary citing animal cruelty.

LOL did he really?

Pretty much....yeah....lol

I'm going to google this, do you have a forum link? haha
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Maybe its because he supports HongKong and knows GGG is 80% owned by China ?
Last edited by BL1P on Oct 9, 2019, 1:36:52 PM
Not a good sign for GGG that their core contributors are bailing, and everyone but them can see the reasons why.
"
girng wrote:
I'm going to google this, do you have a forum link? haha

Nope, but there were several threads regarding the issue back then. Trolls? Probably. But Charan did boycott the league.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
rhah wrote:
Does anyone know what happens to your post history and pms in that case?

When someone deletes their account, their posts and PM's remain. The account name is just changed to "deleted" on those posts and PM's. So Charan must have had the moderators delete all of his posts and PM's.

Can confirm. My old me exists as 'deleted'
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
girng wrote:
"

Also, I don't think this is permanent. After someone mentioned he was still lurking on his other account he set it to private. I think he's just chilling, waiting for people to forget, then he'll make a return.

Honestly, most likely. One does not simply quit Path of Exile. Especially a player who has donated thousands (if not tens of thousands) of dollars. There comes a point where the emotional investment becomes permanently instilled in the brain.

Nope. Unfortunately, he's out.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
"
girng wrote:
"

Also, I don't think this is permanent. After someone mentioned he was still lurking on his other account he set it to private. I think he's just chilling, waiting for people to forget, then he'll make a return.

Honestly, most likely. One does not simply quit Path of Exile. Especially a player who has donated thousands (if not tens of thousands) of dollars. There comes a point where the emotional investment becomes permanently instilled in the brain.

Nope. Unfortunately, he's out.

How do we know for sure though? His alt account was last seen when this topic was made wasn't it?
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Oct 9, 2019, 2:06:25 PM
"
What a shame really. All the time money effort commitment gone to waste.

I feel for him on an emotional level, not gonna lie. I've been a long time supporter myself and it really feels the game has been lacking for a while now. I mean, we do get the 3 month leagues but a good portion of them have been total shite (see Synthesis) whereas the servers are still spotty at best and the "melee rework" was a complete failure (bring back old Multistrike.) It's now to a point where I refuse to buy into any more Support-Packs/MTX until GGG actually DOES something.
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
Last edited by MajorThor on Oct 9, 2019, 3:36:32 PM
Whatever. I been playing since open beta and the game seems better than ever to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info