(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

guys i just beat uberelder with second set. their dmg hurts so bad.. what's the main problem? not able to upgrade vp elder bow n such because lack of money

evade 56%
dodge atk 40%
dodge spell 56%
cold res 109%
hp 3.8k
es 2k

Well, my experience says, if you suck at dodging uber's damage and don't have huge dps, you'd better choose builds with 10+ es pool and fast recharge. I killed him like 20 times with this build last league, until I could feel comfortable.

Acording to your setup, I think lvl 2 empower in this bow is quite useless. 21/0 Toxic rain (it is only 40c now) and Damage on full life instead of empower will increase your dps for like 1/3-1/2. And if you can't sustain full HP, maybe try Swift affliction instead.
I have tried different setups, and IMHO, there's no much point in empower, utill u can afford +3 VP elder bow and lvl 4 empower.
"
4epHoMa3bIu wrote:
Well, my experience says, if you suck at dodging uber's damage and don't have huge dps, you'd better choose builds with 10+ es pool and fast recharge. I killed him like 20 times with this build last league, until I could feel comfortable.

Acording to your setup, I think lvl 2 empower in this bow is quite useless. 21/0 Toxic rain (it is only 40c now) and Damage on full life instead of empower will increase your dps for like 1/3-1/2. And if you can't sustain full HP, maybe try Swift affliction instead.
I have tried different setups, and IMHO, there's no much point in empower, utill u can afford +3 VP elder bow and lvl 4 empower.

thank you for your answer.

you said "Well, my experience says, if you suck at dodging uber's damage and don't have huge dps, you'd better choose builds with 10+ es pool and fast recharge."

could we say i sucked because of soul strike quiver? because it has got a "40% reduced es recharge rate" mod and i used despair instead of discipline in fight?

i also will change empower with dofl. i started real mapping right now and i hope for a few exalts so i can upgrade.
"
you said "Well, my experience says, if you suck at dodging uber's damage and don't have huge dps, you'd better choose builds with 10+ es pool and fast recharge."

could we say i sucked because of soul strike quiver? because it has got a "40% reduced es recharge rate" mod and i used despair instead of discipline in fight?

Not realy, if you clumsy like me, you just need more practice. And defence mechanics of this build are not very good against uber's DoT damage, so you need 1 of 2 things - more practice or you need more damage. Both ideally.:)
"
freakydouche wrote:
"
4epHoMa3bIu wrote:

thank you for your answer.

i also will change empower with dofl. i started real mapping right now and i hope for a few exalts so i can upgrade.
Soul strike is a Chaos Inoculation piece of gear, IMO. Because then I'd be using Energy Leech for the nice damage multiplier when leeching, and Soul Strike increases your leech duration.

As for Despair and Discipline, I use both. And a low level Clarity, for that matter, but I don't think that's critical.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
YellovvJack wrote:
What do you do if you start bleeding? Can't see you got a way to remove it
The OP uses a curse immunity flask, I use a bleed flask instead of that - unless I'm going up against Atziri or someone else with curse reflection and no bleed damage!
"
Hello Guys,

i want to know, which auras y are running now, and what kind of watchers eye to combine with aura.

Do you take Carisma on the passive tree?
Also do you grab sovereignty with oil on Amulet?

Thank you for your help.
Honestly, I don't think this is going to be that important. I'm nowhere near geared, and haven't run into any problems clearing maps or boss killing yet. My DPS is probably half what the OP is seeing - only a +2 bow, no Empower, low attack speed.

I'm running Discipline, Malevolence, and a low level Clarity. I've taken Charisma, but I've considered respeccing out of it, as I'm certainly not pushing the limits of mana reservation!

I did not go Sov. on my amulet, either - I picked up Freedom of Movement for the now, I'll probably move to Corruption, as I'm not running into any problems surviving even deep into red maps.

Edit: I'm not using QOTF, I'm using The Perfect Form and Artic Armour, in case that makes a difference on the defense layers.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Sep 20, 2019, 8:29:39 PM
Hello all, here's my character :

https://pastebin.com/irv4jcAe

I feel like i die a bit to often, what am i doing wrong here?
"
whiskeyjacks wrote:
Hello all, here's my character :

https://pastebin.com/irv4jcAe

I feel like i die a bit to often, what am i doing wrong here?
Nothing terribly obvious... How much life do you have? The rolls on your rare gear are weak for sure.

You don't have a bleed flask... neither does the OP, but maybe he's running high enough life rolls on his gear to just soak up the bleed?

An Abyssal jewel with chance for onslaught on hit would certainly help.

Any hints on what is killing you? Boss oneshots? Getting overwhelmed? Map level?
I seem to be running into problems with Projectile deaths. The long range fire guys in the Blight events obliterate me. I die so fast it's difficult to tell sometimes what is actually killing me.

Sorry for the n00bness, thanks for the responses in advance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info