(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
viray wrote:
I'm playing this build in SSF and I've managed to get a nice 6l base for the bow, but I'm lacking essences - is there a viable alternative that can be made with fossil crafting?
Absolutely. Grab a 3 socket resonator and try Corroded, Metalic, Jagged, and hope for +2 to bow gems and +1 to gems. The suffixes will be a bit of a dog's breakfast, but what matters is those two.

Fair warning: It's probably going to take several attempts.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
galette wrote:
I got a question,

on crafted bow , why runnin CDoT Multiplier instead of a increased cas dmg+ skill duration ?
Because CDoT is a multiplier, and increased damage is additive. Increased duration is only useful on bosses, everything else dies long before your duration expires anyway.
Hi all, I'm pretty new to game so apologies in advance for noob questions. I was reading in the posts that a 21/0 toxic rain gem is better than a 20/20 for damage? Is that correct?

Also, I'm coming from another build so had 2ex to spend on a bow, but struggling with Mana. I know I need the -mana mod on rings, does anyone have any tips to get these faster? I just balanced my resists and probably don't want to drop 20c+ on each unless I absolutely have to.
"
maka140 wrote:
Hi all, I'm pretty new to game so apologies in advance for noob questions. I was reading in the posts that a 21/0 toxic rain gem is better than a 20/20 for damage? Is that correct?

Also, I'm coming from another build so had 2ex to spend on a bow, but struggling with Mana. I know I need the -mana mod on rings, does anyone have any tips to get these faster? I just balanced my resists and probably don't want to drop 20c+ on each unless I absolutely have to.

21/0 is technically better than 20/20, however, you aren't going to notice the difference any time soon.

I'd play with the bow you have, to be honest. It's better than mine, and I'm deep into red maps without any problems. Save some coin so you can upgrade eventually, but it won't be required for quite some time.

I'd drop the Shaper's Touch gloves for a rare with life / energy shield, some attack speed and good resists.

I'd upgrade your quiver, looking for the same attributes as the gloves.

There was a guy in this thread a few pages back that was willing to help with the -mana crafting, I seem to recall that it was 4-5c per craft.

Put your gems in your secondary weapon set to level, and buy corrupt 20/20 versions to use in the meanwhile. Anything that the market costs more than a couple chaos, just keep using the one you are leveling.

Flasks! You shouldn't need health flasks any more, the Patient Reaper ascendancy should be keeping you at max, especially if you can increase your kill rate. Drop those - or at the very least one of them, pick up the flasks suggested in the OP, quality them, and craft them to have the correct affixes.

Either spend some respec points and grab charisma on the tree or drop Flesh and Stone until you get enough mana mods.

Then just grind off some levels and incrementally improve your gear, should be fun!

Edit: I wouldn't spend more than 3-5 chaos each for any of the changes I mentioned above - if it costs more than that, wait until you have a bunch of extra currency.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Sep 23, 2019, 2:55:15 PM
Hah didn't think others could see my stuff, total noob like I said. I actually just finished act 10 yesterday and bought most of the stuff before I hit 65. Literally did 2 labs last night and read through about 30 pages of the comments today. I updated my buy list with your suggestions, I'll get through as much as I can tonight and maybe ask for a re-evaluation. Thanks for looking out, much appreciated.
"
maka140 wrote:
Hah didn't think others could see my stuff, total noob like I said. I actually just finished act 10 yesterday and bought most of the stuff before I hit 65. Literally did 2 labs last night and read through about 30 pages of the comments today. I updated my buy list with your suggestions, I'll get through as much as I can tonight and maybe ask for a re-evaluation. Thanks for looking out, much appreciated.
Glad to help!

Forgot to mention... pop into global 820, grab all the uber trials there - folks will often share them out for free. When you have all 6, buy an uber carry and fill out your ascendancies. If I'm online, I'll run you through uber lab for free, just send me a message in game.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
maka140 wrote:
Glad to help!

Forgot to mention... pop into global 820, grab all the uber trials there - folks will often share them out for free. When you have all 6, buy an uber carry and fill out your ascendancies. If I'm online, I'll run you through uber lab for free, just send me a message in game.

Thanks man, I actually had labs done from other league starter. Just banged it out today. EX dropped for me last night, so I blew it on everything you suggested hah. Been holding out on dying sun, it's next on my list then saving up for the big boy now. Have a few things to liquidate still but this build just feels great all around
"
maka140 wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
maka140 wrote:
Glad to help!

Thanks man, I actually had labs done from other league starter. Just banged it out today. EX dropped for me last night, so I blew it on everything you suggested hah. Been holding out on dying sun, it's next on my list then saving up for the big boy now. Have a few things to liquidate still but this build just feels great all around
Looking pretty good!

Might as well ditch the Atziri's Promise though. It doesn't boost our damage, and it only leeches life, which should be full all the time anyway. Grab a witchfire brew if you can afford it, or a sulphur flask for a damage boost while you save some currency.
When is it worth it to make the switch from flesh and stone to grace? I currently have corruption node annointed on my neck for offense, is the extra defense really worth it? I see the OP put righteous decree on neck instead and takes Grace, but does "6% less Mana" impact reserves? I thought it had to specifically say reserve in the tooltip. Mathematically I can't make the numbers work unless you get another 4-6% less Mana reservation. This is accounting for the 16% total from passives (8/4/4) and 12% from level 3+1 enlighten in helm.

Working on the dying sun!
What Anointment on amulet would you recomend ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info