(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
typicaldemon wrote:
They seem to want us to use it, and they've basically armbarred us to make it the only "low" investment mana fix.
They also managed to make most other flasks shit so it's not that it's a big sacrifice.

Basalt is worthless.

Jade of reflexes went from 3000 eva / 100% increased to 1500 eva / 60% increased at max rolls.

Quartz is 6% dodge from 10%.

Witchfire got trashed (1-use flask doesn't increase dot damage anymore).

Cinderswallow went from doubling patient reaper to being a faint shadow of it.

Dying sun is only useful for mapping since now increased projectiles / increased aoe lowers single target.

Bottled faith got mega nerfed, enemies no longer take increased damage, only increased crit (useless as dots don't crit).

Might as well use life / mana / quicksilver / jade / 1 more of choice (sulfur / silver / quartz) or even use stuff like amethyst because it consumes less charges and link it to the new orbs like "use when frozen" and then roll "of heat" on it. That's the biggest use of flasks now, have random stuff like aquamarine or bismuth and make them auto-activate to remove bleed, freeze, poison or w/e else debuffs.

Actually stibnite is 20% more evasion instead of 100% increased, so maybe that's ok.

"
Weapon DoTs moving from prefix to suffix is the only thing that makes me really groan.
Getting attack speed on the bow is gonna be super hard now, on top of all the other dot mods. You'd have to choose what to skip probably.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jul 21, 2021, 3:42:15 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
typicaldemon wrote:
They seem to want us to use it, and they've basically armbarred us to make it the only "low" investment mana fix.
They also managed to make most other flasks shit so it's not that it's a big sacrifice.

Basalt is worthless.

Jade of reflexes went from 3000 eva / 100% increased to 1500 eva / 60% increased at max rolls.

Quartz is 6% dodge from 10%.

Witchfire got trashed (1-use flask doesn't increase dot damage anymore).

Cinderswallow went from doubling patient reaper to being a faint shadow of it.

Dying sun is only useful for mapping since now increased projectiles / increased aoe lowers single target.

Bottled faith got mega nerfed, enemies no longer take increased damage, only increased crit (useless as dots don't crit).

Might as well use life / mana / quicksilver / jade / 1 more of choice (sulfur / silver / quartz) or even use stuff like amethyst because it consumes less charges and link it to the new orbs like "use when frozen" and then roll "of heat" on it. That's the biggest use of flasks now, have random stuff like aquamarine or bismuth and make them auto-activate to remove bleed, freeze, poison or w/e else debuffs.

Actually stibnite is 20% more evasion instead of 100% increased, so maybe that's ok.

"
Weapon DoTs moving from prefix to suffix is the only thing that makes me really groan.
Getting attack speed on the bow is gonna be super hard now, on top of all the other dot mods. You'd have to choose what to skip probably.

Stibnite used to be my favorite flask; sad to see it go :( I'll check back in later but I'm thinking that raider might be okay for easier ailment immunity. I think realistically though, you just force a cyclopean into your build if you're ever able to fix some of your ailments. Who knows, if the gems I want to play look terrible, I may end up back on TR for the 18th time.
Last edited by typicaldemon on Jul 21, 2021, 6:40:04 PM
would EB solve the mana issues?

also using the cloak of defiance would had some more tank to the build
"
zuadao wrote:

Technically? The problem with EB is that you're moving your ghost shrouds to cover mana/mom and now you need a better way to sustain health. I've contemplated doing similar things and then using mark or just big LGOH rings or even the LGOH vitality Watcher's eye, but it can be difficult.
"
typicaldemon wrote:
"
zuadao wrote:

Technically? The problem with EB is that you're moving your ghost shrouds to cover mana/mom and now you need a better way to sustain health. I've contemplated doing similar things and then using mark or just big LGOH rings or even the LGOH vitality Watcher's eye, but it can be difficult.

yea i understand...

could we get more defense this way using auras? since we dont need mana anymore...

i just think eb has good sinergy with trickster and allways try to make it work.
"
zuadao wrote:
"
typicaldemon wrote:
"
zuadao wrote:

yea i understand...

could we get more defense this way using auras? since we dont need mana anymore...

i just think eb has good sinergy with trickster and allways try to make it work.

We already reserved 90%+, I'd argue it has anti-synergy but if you find a way to make it work, I'm always interested in new ideas. :)
So we're thinking this build should still be alright?

I have started with it again for this league, but not far enough in yet to really know what's cooking.

I am enjoying having to lean right into the hit and run playstyle though, with everything doing more damage.

I think it's going to be a load of fun to play still, but we might have to grab health nodes earlier I think.

I'd be interested to see what you guys think the levelling priority should be, as I could always do with some guidance in that regard.

staying mobile and not getting hit works most of the time, but I know some bosses are going to destroy me, so I think modifying the priority on the passive tree might be in order.

that or stacking health items. maybe both? Lol.
Tyrs Paladium - DoT Enthusiast.
"
I'd be interested to see what you guys think the levelling priority should be, as I could always do with some guidance in that regard.
I think it's whatever works for each player best. If you're dying a lot - grab some health nodes or resist items (like saphire rings for Merveil caverns - plenty of freezing mobs in there). If you're not dying, grab damage / movement speed.

Picking Blood Siphon early should be quite good to get some hp and str for gems (steelskin, war banner if you're using adrenaline trick, vitality... I think low lvl of vitality and clarity are good QOL while levelling if you have the sockets).

Also league mechanic can award good levelling gear (you can check Zizaran's channel for video about how to farm a tabula from expedition gambling).
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
I think it's whatever works for each player best. If you're dying a lot - grab some health nodes or resist items (like saphire rings for Merveil caverns - plenty of freezing mobs in there). If you're not dying, grab damage / movement speed.

Picking Blood Siphon early should be quite good to get some hp and str for gems (steelskin, war banner if you're using adrenaline trick, vitality... I think low lvl of vitality and clarity are good QOL while levelling if you have the sockets).

Also league mechanic can award good levelling gear (you can check Zizaran's channel for video about how to farm a tabula from expedition gambling).

Thank you.

I had not specc'd into any health nodes yet. I'm just going for master fletcher first, but I stopped to grab resourcefulness on the way, as seems too good to leave.

I know the guide says to go straight for master fletcher, but it's only 2 points extra.

Last time I grabbed the blood siphon node as soon as I got to it, just so I had that back up. I think if I notice myself struggling I can stop and get this, but if not I'll try and get master fletcher next. it might be a good idea to just get it though to be safe.

I usually run clarity while levelling, not bothered with vitality yet though. I might try it out this time round and see if it helps. as long as I have my flamedash and blink arrow though I can usually stay mobile enough to avoid most damage (I love using those two skills in tandem for getting out the way of damage and setting up totems)
Tyrs Paladium - DoT Enthusiast.
Last edited by Umbral_Spectre on Jul 24, 2021, 6:03:32 PM
Hey, league started with this build and its going well so far, given the nerf to flask piano it feels really nice movement wise considering.

I noticed you added at the top to grab anomalous conc effect, which gem would this replace? I'm playing the trickster version if that means anything to gem choices.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info