(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
Quasarborn wrote:
I seem to be running into problems with Projectile deaths. The long range fire guys in the Blight events obliterate me. I die so fast it's difficult to tell sometimes what is actually killing me.

Sorry for the n00bness, thanks for the responses in advance!

Ah, those guys. Yes. I'm not sure what they push out in the way of damage, but I'm guessing a high DOT fire effect or ignite. Actually, I'd probably put it on a DOT fire ground effect, because my main defense is to move around. Also, I put increased effect of cold towers on my rings and ensure I place a cold tower or two right next to the fire spawn portals and prioritize upgrading those.

Also, I'm running The Perfect Form and arctic armour instead of QOTF, so there's a good chance I'm not taking as big of a hit when they do get to me.

You are popping your Dying Sun, right? I can keep mine up 100% of the time on blight encounters, stuff dies so fast it's always full of charges.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Sep 21, 2019, 1:34:47 AM
"
whiskeyjacks wrote:

You don't have a bleed flask... neither does the OP, but maybe he's running high enough life rolls on his gear to just soak up the bleed?

OP doesn't need staunching flask because he has bleed immunity mod on his watcher's eye lol. Which is btw stupidly cheap like half an ex at the bad day.
"
Nothing terribly obvious... How much life do you have? The rolls on your rare gear are weak for sure.

You don't have a bleed flask... neither does the OP, but maybe he's running high enough life rolls on his gear to just soak up the bleed?

An Abyssal jewel with chance for onslaught on hit would certainly help.

Any hints on what is killing you? Boss oneshots? Getting overwhelmed? Map level?

As mentioned i have bleed immunity. Im honestly not sure very new to all of this, i think it may be burning? Is my rare gear bad? I thought my rings/amulet were good, my gloves sure do need help though.

It's mostly M15~16 bosses, and that atziri queen thing in one of those temple rooms
I got a question,

on crafted bow , why runnin CDoT Multiplier instead of a increased cas dmg+ skill duration ?
Hey, i got a maloney's and it feels....under whelming?
"
whiskeyjacks wrote:
Yep, because the price of it keeps rising exponentially every league while the value of it stays the same. Basically just some QoL so you don't have to manually apply despair or get frenzy charges. That's why it says in the guide you don't need this item... And with the prices this season... dot multiplier w/ malevolence watcher's eye was double the price of maloney's in legion, but it's half its price in blight, go figure.

Also frenzy is a crap skill to blanket with curses, you'd shoot 3 projectiles at best with dying sun and no pierce or anything. So basically all you get is despair for bossing if you actually hit the boss with the frenzy (I never cared to aim since toxic rain is a blanket skill, so you can shoot it wherever in the mob vicinity).

So the best value is you get reliable frenzy charges without having to use bloodrage and ruin your "damage on full life" support, and ones that work in boss fights. But since it's not a raider with tonnes of frenzy charges, it's just a small damage boost.

Blanketing with despair also has a vastly cheaper alternative: witchfire brew. It has a downside of range though (you can shoot nearly offscreen but flask won't affect mobs there). Some people opt to use impressence, but it has exactly the same downside (limited range) for a bigger price.

Other options include gloves with despair corruption but then you get only lvl 8-12 instead of max.

And, well, ye olde handcasting the curse.

This season even more so than in legion due to prices I'd leave maloney's for the last purchase.
Last edited by Viktranka on Sep 22, 2019, 8:27:25 AM
I'm playing this build in SSF and I've managed to get a nice 6l base for the bow, but I'm lacking essences - is there a viable alternative that can be made with fossil crafting?
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
whiskeyjacks wrote:
Yep, because the price of it keeps rising exponentially every league while the value of it stays the same. Basically just some QoL so you don't have to manually apply despair or get frenzy charges. That's why it says in the guide you don't need this item... And with the prices this season... dot multiplier w/ malevolence watcher's eye was double the price of maloney's in legion, but it's half its price in blight, go figure.

Also frenzy is a crap skill to blanket with curses, you'd shoot 3 projectiles at best with dying sun and no pierce or anything. So basically all you get is despair for bossing if you actually hit the boss with the frenzy (I never cared to aim since toxic rain is a blanket skill, so you can shoot it wherever in the mob vicinity).

So the best value is you get reliable frenzy charges without having to use bloodrage and ruin your "damage on full life" support, and ones that work in boss fights. But since it's not a raider with tonnes of frenzy charges, it's just a small damage boost.

Blanketing with despair also has a vastly cheaper alternative: witchfire brew. It has a downside of range though (you can shoot nearly offscreen but flask won't affect mobs there). Some people opt to use impressence, but it has exactly the same downside (limited range) for a bigger price.

Other options include gloves with despair corruption but then you get only lvl 8-12 instead of max.

And, well, ye olde handcasting the curse.

This season even more so than in legion due to prices I'd leave maloney's for the last purchase.

I use ring with despair on hit (5 lvl) and can say it's huge boost of dps while I have frenzy-despair-CoH and do not use it [can't link the ring here using my phone to write it, but you can look at my character]
"
resisnex wrote:
I use ring with despair on hit (5 lvl) and can say it's huge boost of dps while I have frenzy-despair-CoH and do not use it [can't link the ring here using my phone to write it, but you can look at my character]
What's your experience with that voidfletcher? Worth it?
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
resisnex wrote:
What's your experience with that voidfletcher? Worth it?

It's quite good but without attack speed. Vf allows me to complete maps without regen and not to take mana flask on this map. I could not recount dps increasing with voidshots in pob but it looks awesome
Last edited by resisnex on Sep 22, 2019, 9:26:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info