[3.9] Physical Conversion Bowyer | Wander [TS/LA/IS + Barrage] [KB + Power Siphon] [All Content]

"
aaow wrote:
hi tx for fun build
i got t1 increase damage wand and made it rare
am i mistake something?
try to arguement failed everything :(
so i got inc phy 179 and make it rare use anuulment

still i have is only 178inc phy rare imbu wand

so if im not wrong

1 mult craft (su)
2 add phy damage (pr)
3 attack speed (su)
4 crit chance (su)
5 penet (pr)
6 quality ( dont have yet what's this :P)

is that right?

or i make another wand :)?

+++++

i have farruls fur (was using cyclone :P)
can i use it this build?
have to change some nodes?

You can use 179% phys instead of Flaring but you will lose some damage, maybe 3-4% damage. NEVER craft crit multi; it is bad for wand. Follow the same instructions as my guide: Multimod, attack speed T1, crit chance + quality T1 (this is a hybrid Betrayal mod), T1 flat phys, Ele pen 14-16%.

If you do it this way, you will save 1 ex, because %phys mastercraft costs 1 ex and you won't need it. This means, you need to put the 1 ex somewhere else to get more dps to make up for the lost 3-4% damage.

You can use Farrul's but I don't recommend it for late end game. It's much rippier than Loreweave, but if you aren't playing Legion maybe it's ok. Make sure to take one frenzy charge and one power charge on tree, and don't mastercraft any +1 minimum frenzy/power charge mods on your jewelry.
"
z4ktan wrote:
Enahkra, I'm a huge fan of your build guide, it's definitely the most in-depth guide I've seen and the results of it are amazing, but there is one problem with your ring crafting part: You claim you can reach 600 to 800 life gain per second with one elder ring affix, but that's not true as LGoH is affected by the damage effectiveness of the gem you used to proc it, which for barrage is 48% at level 20, meaning with a 20 LGoH ring and around 30ish projectiles per second will be a total of 20*0.48*30 = 288 life gained per second. I don't think that would make it less valuable per se because if you have room to stack your over time recovery effect from normal leech and the instant nature of a 300ish life gain helps a lot, but it isn't as strong as advertised.

I don't want to sound rude or anything, so if it came out that way I'm sorry, it isn't the intention, just want to help you improve the guide the best as possible.

PS: source for the LGoH mechanic: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Version_0.10.3

It was changed a while ago in 0.10.3 and if you search for "Life gain" on that patch notes page you'll see it being mentioned.

Edit and PS2: forgot to mention that part of the value being retained comes from KB's damage effectiveness and the fact that you usually hit several monsters per KB attack, which makes it work like insta leech for mapping purposes against high number of monsters, since each hit against each mob will proc the LGoH and heal you.

No need to apologize for good feedback; I value feedback especially if I'm critically wrong on something b/c it helps me improve the guide and not screw anybody over. People have done this for me in the past and I appreciate it a lot.

If I'm not mistaken, the patch notes were referring to the Life Gain on Hit support gem back in the day as that was the only source of LGOH at the time. Apparently this change was reverted a while back, although I can't find the patch notes; there are some comments on reddit confirming this was changed back (not 100% confirmed because again no patch notes as evidence atm) but some people claimed to have seen it mentioned in a small patch. Even if this is false, most likely the patch notes were referring to the gem itself and not the mechanic as a whole.

If damage effectiveness did affect life gain on hit mechanics in general, POB should reflect this, but I double checked and a LGOH ring provided ~800 life recovery on POB. That doesn't necessarily mean POB is correct, but the fact that not a single person has brought this issue up as a bug for the past several years since POB was first released is a good indication that the calcs on there are correct. Otherwise, it would be the most egregious error on POB that hasn't been caught by the POE community, and a reddit post should be made immediately.

But of course. I'm not dismissing what you brought up. There's always a chance that damage effectiveness does scale the LGOH mechanic. I've been busy recently but hopefully some people with LGOH rings here can test it out in game to verify. If multiple independent sources can confirm damage effectiveness does affect LGOH I will immediately remove it from the guide.

Last edited by Enahkra on Jul 14, 2019, 8:20:25 PM
"
Enahkra wrote:

No need to apologize for good feedback; I value feedback especially if I'm critically wrong on something b/c it helps me improve the guide and not screw anybody over. People have done this for me in the past and I appreciate it a lot.

If I'm not mistaken, the patch notes were referring to the Life Gain on Hit support gem back in the day as that was the only source of LGOH at the time. Apparently this change was reverted a while back, although I can't find the patch notes; there are some comments on reddit confirming this was changed back (not 100% confirmed because again no patch notes as evidence atm) but some people claimed to have seen it mentioned in a small patch. Even if this is false, most likely the patch notes were referring to the gem itself and not the mechanic as a whole.

If damage effectiveness did affect life gain on hit mechanics in general, POB should reflect this, but I double checked and a LGOH ring provided ~800 life recovery on POB. That doesn't necessarily mean POB is correct, but the fact that not a single person has brought this issue up as a bug for the past several years since POB was first released is a good indication that the calcs on there are correct. Otherwise, it would be the most egregious error on POB that hasn't been caught by the POE community, and a reddit post should be made immediately.

But of course. I'm not dismissing what you brought up. There's always a chance that damage effectiveness does scale the LGOH mechanic. I've been busy recently but hopefully some people with LGOH rings here can test it out in game to verify. If multiple independent sources can confirm damage effectiveness does affect LGOH I will immediately remove it from the guide.

Well, I don't know how substantial a valuable poster's words are in general, but I've read this:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/251498/page/1

And Vipermagi says it does affect gear, although, like you said, they probably did revert that change. Now all this makes me curious, I'll try to test it out as soon as I can (most likely tomorrow) and post here my results.

Edit: did a quick test with the LGoH gem, equipped southbound gloves, equipped a vigilant strike skill gem, which is a single hit gem and has high damage effectiveness, used VP on the tree, went to act 4 dried lake, took some hits from mobs down to 1209 hp, tried to look for a single mob away from others to attack since the new animation system allows you to hit multiple mobs once per attack when they are in the area cone of the swing. I healed back to 1223, which is much more than I should've with a level 1 LGoH support gem (6) and which makes sense with vigilant strike's damage effectiveness of 222% at level 1. So at least the gem seems to be affected by that change still. But that was a super quick test so I might have fucked something up, I tried to look for any other source of lgoh on my gear and passive tree and couldn't find any but who knows. tl;dr: level 1 lgoh should heal for 6 life, but healed for 14 with a 222% effectiveness skill gem and 1 hit only.

Edit2: Ran the same test without the lgoh gem and with a claw with thresher claw which has implicit 25 lgoh, with the same settings as the previous test, i healed 37 hp from one hit with a 222% effectiveness skill gem.

Unless I'm fucking it up, damage effectiveness seems to affect lgoh somehow, be it from support gem or gear/passives, but the inconsistency with the claw test makes me wonder wtf is going on, because 25*2.22=55.5 and not the 37 I healed. Again, I'm probably fucking up some of the test as I'm tired.
Last edited by z4ktan on Jul 14, 2019, 9:05:40 PM
"
z4ktan wrote:
"
Enahkra wrote:

Well, I don't know how substantial a valuable poster's words are in general, but I've read this:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/251498/page/1

And Vipermagi says it does affect gear, although, like you said, they probably did revert that change. Now all this makes me curious, I'll try to test it out as soon as I can (most likely tomorrow) and post here my results.

Edit: did a quick test with the LGoH gem, equipped southbound gloves, equipped a vigilant strike skill gem, which is a single hit gem and has high damage effectiveness, used VP on the tree, went to act 4 dried lake, took some hits from mobs down to 1209 hp, tried to look for a single mob away from others to attack since the new animation system allows you to hit multiple mobs once per attack when they are in the area cone of the swing. I healed back to 1223, which is much more than I should've with a level 1 LGoH support gem (6) and which makes sense with vigilant strike's damage effectiveness of 222% at level 1. So at least the gem seems to be affected by that change still. But that was a super quick test so I might have fucked something up, I tried to look for any other source of lgoh on my gear and passive tree and couldn't find any but who knows. tl;dr: level 1 lgoh should heal for 6 life, but healed for 14 with a 222% effectiveness skill gem and 1 hit only.

Edit2: Ran the same test without the lgoh gem and with a claw with thresher claw which has implicit 25 lgoh, with the same settings as the previous test, i healed 37 hp from one hit with a 222% effectiveness skill gem.

Unless I'm fucking it up, damage effectiveness seems to affect lgoh somehow, be it from support gem or gear/passives, but the inconsistency with the claw test makes me wonder wtf is going on, because 25*2.22=55.5 and not the 37 I healed. Again, I'm probably fucking up some of the test as I'm tired.

That's interesting about the LGOH perhaps the gem has not been reverted. Maybe it's best to test using barrage. Just have to strip down all proj besides the base ones, remove all life recovery modifiers + leech mods on the tree except for 1 LGOH ring, the numbers must match up or else this is really weird. I think it might even be worth making a reddit thread about this to seek advice from the experts. The best way to test would probably be in PVP.

Edit: Also to show damage effectiveness is affecting LGOH you need to also confirm it using a control, so try multiple types of skills and include default attack also see if there is a pattern. Even if you did show damage effectiveness somehow affects LGOH, you need to also show skills with lower damage effectiveness produce less LGOH
Last edited by Enahkra on Jul 14, 2019, 9:43:39 PM
Ok I think I'm ready for the pick apart. Changed up somethings. Gear atm that's available is still not entirely to my liking or they just simply want way to much vs the gain I would get in PoB. So when you get a chance to take a look some sense of direction if I'm off path would be awesome. Thanks again!

https://pastebin.com/t1QEDCJW

Pride is 2x 5% double damage and 20% phys damage with the extra Strength for Steel skin
Last edited by ssgtparker on Jul 15, 2019, 5:02:58 AM
Loving the build so far but i'm very new to playing a wander. Can anyone help me with what I should be upgrading next? Or what I should change? Damage feels alright but I can't sustain enough to facetank any bosses. Thanks for the help!

Hello there,

I'm coming to you again for some more tips, or if you can do an analysis of my PoB to tell me where I can improve.

https://pastebin.com/eYKHZd1X

I took some levels and wondered if taking a Farrul's Fur Triumphant Lamellar could change something.
I could use my aspect of cat, add a vaat haste, change some points in leech, for more damage?

Of course, taking this chest would make me change some points in my skill tree.

Thanks in advance,
Last edited by Hurshhh on Jul 15, 2019, 12:08:27 PM
"
PoiZennGann wrote:
Damage feels alright but I can't sustain enough to facetank any bosses.

That's weird, you basically have everything you need to sustain a hit. Are you maintaining Fortify in boss fight? Just do a short dash, the AoE cone can proc Fortify on itself. Use Blood Rage, make sure you have 100% accuracy, connect most of your Barrage and pop a life flask for safety.

I have just 1 T1 LGoH ring, no Vaal Pact and I can sustain just fine, not facetanking kinda sustain but enough to survive and position, I think that's the important bit.
Last edited by oMySunshine on Jul 15, 2019, 11:42:55 AM
"
PoiZennGann wrote:
Loving the build so far but i'm very new to playing a wander. Can anyone help me with what I should be upgrading next? Or what I should change? Damage feels alright but I can't sustain enough to facetank any bosses. Thanks for the help!

Rounding out resists would help you a lot having them so spread out deletes the ability to pick up some nice damage mods. Focus on getting the resist off your ammy. QoL would be to blower your flasks. Always the hunt for better and better mods. More damage more leech.
Last edited by ssgtparker on Jul 15, 2019, 1:06:25 PM
"
PoiZennGann wrote:

Given your setup, you should have no problem sustaining so I suspect it might be some mechanical issue.

Make sure you run into the boss with shield charge before you barrage as someone else already mentioned.

First, try turning off herald of ice for a few maps, and see if you can sustain better. It might have to do with your mana pool and inaccuracy with barrage. As you level more, your mana pool increases also.

I suggest you replace the mod on your belt with just the regular %flask effect. The hybrid mod you have barely is any different but its making you have reduced charges gained which is a pain in the ass so switch that asap. %flask effect above 4% doesn't really matter. You have 2 dex points to the right of blood drinker currently being wasted.

As you level up some more it will feel better; every level matters a lot at this point especially as you finish more damage clusters. You also want cobalt jewels as described in the guide for the jewel sockets that are 2 nodes away (there are 2 atm for you).

Also the more damage you have the easier it becomes to facetank b/c you have to do it for shorter periods of time. So right now you're sitting at ~3mil shaper dps, you ideally want 4mil+ which basically increases your tankiness by 25%.

Not sure how much more you want to continue investing into the build at this point, but your decision to use that wand over one from the guide will cost you around 250k shaper dps in the long run. No need to change it for now or even in the future but 250k is a decent chunk missing.

You want the flat cold enchant on boots which give 300-400k shaper dps. it's a huge and straightforward upgrade.

Your amulet is missing a lot of damage, you ideally would want to stack more damage on it closer to 150 points, but b/c of your dependency on the cold resist this will be an issue. To fix this you will probably need to swap from Master of Force cluster to Snowforged cluster eventually for the extra resists and also extra damage. If you multimodded an amulet with 2x T1s (crit multi + ele pen or %cold as extra phys), and slapped on +1 minimum frenzy, %damage while leeching etc. you could get another 500k shaper dps.

Make sure your blood rage is active, or else your Energy Leech gem isn't functioning which also affects damage.

Last edited by Enahkra on Jul 15, 2019, 10:02:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info