[3.9] Physical Conversion Bowyer | Wander [TS/LA/IS + Barrage] [KB + Power Siphon] [All Content]

I only wanted to play a wander for the first time. Search it up and I get a really clean guide and an ass load of information outside of the build. I can’t thank you enough dude you are the shit!
Hey guys, need a bit of help.

i've managed to get this wand base, but i'm not sure how to continue.

https://ibb.co/rQDCqSv

Should i block the prefix, try to annul the crit multi and then multimod; or should i just block the prefix, scour the suffix and then multimod?
"
Erethyl wrote:
Hey guys, need a bit of help.

i've managed to get this wand base, but i'm not sure how to continue.

https://ibb.co/rQDCqSv

Should i block the prefix, try to annul the crit multi and then multimod; or should i just block the prefix, scour the suffix and then multimod?

Honestly, I wouldn't suggest blocking b/c that costs way too much. Plus that T1 crit chance will at most be only slightly better than a mastercrafted crit chance + quality roll.

I'd just go ahead and yolo annul. If you remove the Flaring it's bricked :S

But, if you manage to annul off the multi you're set and you'll save 1 ex later on.

If you remove the crit chance, yolo annul a second time to try to remove the multi. If you manage to remove the multi on this second annul attempt, you can proceed the multimod. Otherwise, yeah it's bricked.

So the chance of bricking is 50/50; good luck

"
WizardMerritt wrote:
I only wanted to play a wander for the first time. Search it up and I get a really clean guide and an ass load of information outside of the build. I can’t thank you enough dude you are the shit!

"
oMySunshine wrote:

However, I'm not sure whether ES Leech gem will work with EB but you can substitute it with either Crit Chance or Crit Damage, whichever works best..

Gonna test this one out when I have the chance, will we leech ES while having EB? If we do then EB could be the solution to our mana problem, if not then we can just replace it with other gems anyways.
Last edited by oMySunshine on Jul 13, 2019, 8:47:56 AM
"
oMySunshine wrote:
"
oMySunshine wrote:

However, I'm not sure whether ES Leech gem will work with EB but you can substitute it with either Crit Chance or Crit Damage, whichever works best..

Gonna test this one out when I have the chance, will we leech ES while having EB? If we do then EB could be the solution to our mana problem, if not then we can just replace it with other gems anyways.

ES Leech gem is only good with Blood Rage, and if you use Blood Rage, you have no ES, b/c es on hit + leech is not enough to sustain your ES.

Either way, you have to sacrifice Blood Rage + Energy Leech both of which provide a huge amount of dps if you go with this EB route. Most likely you're better off just not using a herald or even dropping Precision entirely would prob result in more dps than removing blood rage + substituting energy leech.
Last edited by Enahkra on Jul 13, 2019, 9:01:33 AM
"
Enahkra wrote:

ES Leech gem is only good with Blood Rage, and if you use Blood Rage, you have no ES, b/c es on hit + leech is not enough to sustain your ES.

Either way, you have to sacrifice Blood Rage + Energy Leech both of which provide a huge amount of dps if you go with this EB route. Most likely you're better off just not using a herald or even dropping Precision entirely would prob result in more dps than removing blood rage + substituting energy leech.

Yeah I thought so, I still use Blood Rage anyways because we have a bit of life leech and/or LGoH so the degen won't be too much of a problem but I think I'll still stick to EB, even if I go OoM ES regen much more quickly than mana, also it suits my playstyle. Either Harold or Precision is essential in my setup so I really can't afford to sacrifice them, even with a lvl 3 Enlighten, gonna try to find a subsitute gem then.
Last edited by oMySunshine on Jul 13, 2019, 9:53:50 AM
Aight did some more in-game testing just to be sure:

My Barrage at full ES is 1,670 DPS with eLeech gem, 1,441 without it. I have a 7/20 eLeech gem.

While I was spamming it to have my ES regen, DPS went down to 1,441, same as having no gem.

I hit a mob at low ES, it [leech], DPS went up to 1,865.

If my calculation is correct, the damage bonus while leeching ES DOES apply to our Barrage, therefore eLeech gem is still usable in EB setup. I also made sure that I don't have any possible dmg increase on hit/on kill items, just a wand with 2 test gems, naked. While numbers and results vary, there's not that much of a difference so I can 99% assure you that my dumb thought is correct.

Had to take a studying marathon on EE's Youtube channel so make sure that I don't embarrass myself lol.

Also aside from crafting helmet with Essence of Horror to boost our KB's damage, can we use Insanity? We still scale elemental damage in some ways so wouldn't it be nice? Although crafting one with decent res, life and/or a good crafted prefix/suffix is very expensive and can be difficult.

EDIT: Nah the damage increase is just not good enough, scratch that.

I'm pretty sure what I ask is what you also thought about but I just wanna know.

Last edited by oMySunshine on Jul 13, 2019, 12:33:20 PM
"
Enahkra wrote:
"
worth multicraft? and what :)

https://postimg.cc/d7f2QWq3

https://postimg.cc/Lh2t9ZSz

oMySunshine has already mentioned most of the points, but I'll add some extra info

That's a very good amulet base congratz, and on the best base too.

Yeah craft +1 minimum frenzy on it, and probably M1 flat life, just b/c I think damage won't be an issue if you keep up this standard of gearing.

As for the ring, since you are multimodding it, I suggest at least M1 flat life, M1 WED, and +1 minimum frenzy. As for the last suffix slot, I'd wait and see what kind of gear you have. If you're missing resists, you can fill an extra resist there. If you have enough resists, I would suggest +1 minimum power for that extra 40% crit chance. Shock when focussed is very strong for bursting, but this requires some more micromanaging and won't affect your damage at all times, which I'm not a fan of, but it depends on your individual playstyle and also the content you want to run so it is an option.

There is also: +(21–23)% to Critical Strike Multiplier if you've Shattered an Enemy Recently
(14–16)% increased Global Critical Strike Chance

This is a hybrid mod and when active is very powerful. It is conditional so won't be up for some boss fights.

If I had to pick I'd prob go with WED/flat life/+1 power/+1 frenzy, or if lacking resists, replace +1 power with a resist of your choice.

thx alot for the answer gonna craft both rings the same then :D .. gearing my char but still need the glove recepies.
"
oMySunshine wrote:
"
Enahkra wrote:

Yeah I thought so, I still use Blood Rage anyways because we have a bit of life leech and/or LGoH so the degen won't be too much of a problem but I think I'll still stick to EB, even if I go OoM ES regen much more quickly than mana, also it suits my playstyle. Either Harold or Precision is essential in my setup so I really can't afford to sacrifice them, even with a lvl 3 Enlighten, gonna try to find a subsitute gem then.

"
oMySunshine wrote:
Aight did some more in-game testing just to be sure:

My Barrage at full ES is 1,670 DPS with eLeech gem, 1,441 without it. I have a 7/20 eLeech gem.

While I was spamming it to have my ES regen, DPS went down to 1,441, same as having no gem.

I hit a mob at low ES, it [leech], DPS went up to 1,865.

If my calculation is correct, the damage bonus while leeching ES DOES apply to our Barrage, therefore eLeech gem is still usable in EB setup. I also made sure that I don't have any possible dmg increase on hit/on kill items, just a wand with 2 test gems, naked. While numbers and results vary, there's not that much of a difference so I can 99% assure you that my dumb thought is correct.

Had to take a studying marathon on EE's Youtube channel so make sure that I don't embarrass myself lol.

Also aside from crafting helmet with Essence of Horror to boost our KB's damage, can we use Insanity? We still scale elemental damage in some ways so wouldn't it be nice? Although crafting one with decent res, life and/or a good crafted prefix/suffix is very expensive and can be difficult.

EDIT: Nah the damage increase is just not good enough, scratch that.

I'm pretty sure what I ask is what you also thought about but I just wanna know.

Okay I see what you mean now; I misinterpreted what you were saying earlier. Yes, Energy Leech will work so long as your ES hit + leech recovery rate is not greater than the mana cost/second of the skill. This will depend on two factors including how much flat ES is on your gear aside from Loreweave (Some people use ES helms or shields), and also how many barrage attacks you deal per second. For this method to work you need to have a lot of attack speed, and as little flat ES on gear as possible. If these conditions aren't met, ES leech gem will not work. The tradeoff will be 1 passive point (for EB) + 20% attack speed + no frenzy charges during clear/certain bosses. If more people complain about mana being an issue I will suggest this as a temporary fix but the loss is significant in the long run. You may as well just get a shield with shaper mana reservation instead b/c whatever you sacrifice to use a shaper shield, it won't be as big of a sacrifice as using this method.

Yeah I wouldn't use either Horror or Insanity just b/c the chances you can craft a good helm is close to 0 in temp leagues. Insanity helm gives like 1/3 the damage of a Horror Helm so definitely not worth considering. A lot of people who successfully finished the build have said that KB's damage isn't an issue when fully geared so I'll hold off on presenting a KB solution unless I get some contrary feedback.
"

thx alot for the answer gonna craft both rings the same then :D .. gearing my char but still need the glove recepies.

Are you making sure to account for all your resists right now? You seem to be close to undercapped (haven't looked in detail) considering you have only 90% on helm and also using Bubonics. I highly suggest you recraft your helm to get more resists closer to 120%. It's a hassle but is worth it in the long run before you finish your rings. B/c if it had more resists, you would be able to craft +1 minimum power to one or both of your rings. As it stands right now, you probably need to craft resists on both your rings to be capped. So getting a third resist on your helm is basically giving you 1-2 extra power charges (40-80% crit chance).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info