[3.9] Physical Conversion Bowyer | Wander [TS/LA/IS + Barrage] [KB + Power Siphon] [All Content]

Hi there, I've really enjoyed your build and have spent a lot of time following it, read every page. Thank you for making the guide for being so in-depth, it's helped me learn more about the game than any guide before!

If you have access to PoB could you tell me what you think of mine, and what you would change or improve on? It'd be very much appreciated.

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/yBfcZBeW

Updated PoB: https://pastebin.com/3d4z86EQ

Cheers :)

*edit* Just updated build a bit, roll my wand and then 30% qual beastcrafted it. Got 21 Hatred + Precision and 21/20 added cold, + 2 levels.
Last edited by WongBater on Jul 8, 2019, 6:50:10 PM
"
WongBater wrote:
Hi there, I've really enjoyed your build and have spent a lot of time following it, read every page. Thank you for making the guide for being so in-depth, it's helped me learn more about the game than any guide before!

If you have access to PoB could you tell me what you think of mine, and what you would change or improve on? It'd be very much appreciated.

I'd say your looking really good. Should have absolutely np doing all content with that!

Maybe upgrade those abyssal jewels in gear to more highly weighted stats? Hard to improve that though.
Last edited by kuromahou on Jul 8, 2019, 2:46:41 PM
"
Enahkra wrote:
"
kuromahou wrote:
What do you socket/main attack skill do you use with the poet's pen(s) while leveling? Barrage in chest plus stuff like freeze pulse/arc and supports?

Also what about early maps till you craft a wand, what goes in there?

Basically looking for some leveling guidance.

I put proj weakness frost bomb and a golem just so it continually procs. I think you might be ok going with just a generic spell earlier on in the leveling process.

Leveling the build is a bit tough I'll admit. Based on my personal experience I felt it was better as a phys bow build at first, but I guess the difference isn't too significant. I would avoid a cheap rare just b/c so much damage comes from proj weakness and frost bomb. You could even stick to a corrupted poet's pen until all your other gear has been finalized end-game. Several people have reported completing uber elder with just a poet's pen but they followed my gearing instructions very closely so the rest of their setup was solid.

I would stay in blood aqueducts as long as possible, at least until leveling becomes tedious there and uber lab is done; probably around lvl 80? The build has a rough start for some people due to overtuned legion content and buff to rares/magics this patch. I would advise skipping legion stuff until you're more comfortable with setup and have most of the gear in place and perhaps reached a higher level, but this may not apply to you.

At 28 I switched to KB and barrage and everything got much, much better. KB with GMP clears the whole screen in 1-2 shots and 4L barrage melts bosses. Definitely agree with the previous poster about leveling as wand. I found so far just using frostbomb and proj weakness in the pen works best, anything else is just wasting procs.

And a quick note, no one uses kinetic blast. You can buy a 20 quality one to start with for as little as 3c. The chest piece is really cheap to. Guaranteed 6S base makes it really easy to 5L :D
Last edited by kuromahou on Jul 8, 2019, 5:44:23 PM
H
Last edited by ryusazaki on Jul 23, 2021, 6:49:03 AM
What's better elder base for Legion league, Steel Ring or Opal Ring? Some guy was selling elder of both for 10c each and they weren't corrupted. His loss my gain :D
"
What's better elder base for Legion league, Steel Ring or Opal Ring? Some guy was selling elder of both for 10c each and they weren't corrupted. His loss my gain :D

The best way to compare items nowaday is using PoB. Import all the stats you desired or the stats on those 2 rings, make them whatever bases you need to compare and let PoB calculate it for you. Math is hard, don't think too much, done.
Last edited by oMySunshine on Jul 9, 2019, 12:03:35 AM
"
ryusazaki wrote:
Hello.

I've been following the guide for a little while now, and I'm a bit disappointed with my damage so far.

Does anyone have any recommendations for what to upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

POB: https://pastebin.com/3Chg8jXF

I have a lethal pride where apocalypse joy is, for clarification.

What mods do you have on your Lethal Pride?

For the most part, you followed my guide accurately. One big handicap I see though is that you decided to stray from my wand crafting instructions. Your wand has T2 flat and the crit multi is worse than a mastercrafted attack speed and also hurts your life recovery rate too. In total the wand you're using is causing you to lose damage similar to your Tempest Circle ring, meaning that if your wand was crafted properly, you could have the same dps as you have right now with an empty ring slot.

The flat cold enchant on boots is a very powerful multiplier, and will pretty much always be up.I'm considering making it almost mandatory or at least highly recommended. It gives as much damage as a T1 damage mod on amulets, which is insane.

For some reason you have 99% hit chance, so it's best to prioritize Precision to lvl 21 alongside lvl 21/20 added cold. Just a reminder that Precision and Hatred don't need quality so it's very easy to get lvl 21.

You should lower your shield charge gem lvl, it's making your strength req too high. Also you can raise your steelskin-cwdt combo a few more levels.

I would advise taking Snowforged over Master of Force as it is better dps and 20% free resists but make sure you meet the strength req.

I included the damage from Veteran Bowyer on your shield (POB doesn't calculate this),swapped your wand to the one from my guide, included the boot enchant and finished the crit multi cluster (requires lvl 92?),changed from Master of Force to Snowforge, and put in 21/20 added cold, lvl 20/20 barrage gems, and lvl 21 precision. The total comes out to 4.44mil shaper dps using only 3 flasks. This is reasonable I think at lvl 92 given your current amount of investment. It should be enough to kill a typical T16 guardian in 3 seconds and each uber elder phase in 1-2 seconds.If you scale up to lvl 96, you would hit 5mil shaper dps which is what you should expect from this build (the guide's POB is at lvl 96 w/ 5.2mil dps). Also keep in mind I'm not factoring in the extra dps from your Lethal Pride into all this, so most likely it would be higher than 4.44mil.

So the next question is, what damage are you disappointed with? Is it KB or single target damage or both?

Another question to consider: is it something to do with your playstyle?

Are you making sure all your barrage shots are connecting? Sometimes it's kinda hard to see but a lot of shots are actually missing b/c of desync or your cursor isn't in the right spot which hurts your dps a lot. Are you making sure blood rage is active for the boss? If not, your barrage is essentially a 5-link which is really bad. Are you making sure to apply frost bomb before engaging the boss? Are you using barrage when there's a lot of random mobs nearby? Barrage auto targets so if there's multiple monsters nearby, your single target goes down b/c you randomly fire at everything. If this is the case, KB everything first before engaging boss with barrage.

Two other things I want to add. First of all, on your diamond flask, you're using Order instead of Warding, which is good for theoretical POB dps, but for maps with enfeeble/temp chains your damage will be far worse than a warding suffix. Plus warding will save you from rippy vulnerability + ele weakness maps too so from a practical standpoint it's worth running Warding for regular mapping. You can reserve Order for bosses like shaper/uber elder or maps without those curse mods.You can also consider dropping your life flask altogether for something like a basalt of warding if you want to keep both order and warding,or use a Wise Oak, but ofc this is only once you hit your desired level.

The last thing I want you to consider is this: I'm looking at your POB and with all your flasks down, you have 28% fire, 51% cold, and 21% lightning over the resist cap. Assuming you decide to use a warding flask, this is all inefficient because being overcapped with resists comes at a cost to damage. So how can you maximize damage? Here are some immediate possibilities for you to consider.

You could replace your belt since the cold res is useless there, and get one with double WED (ele damage suffix + WED prefix) to stack up to 75%+ WED. You could also yolo annul off a resist from your shield, or get another shield with less resists and an open suffix to mastercraft %double damage, or aim for one of those crazy 60+% cold damage ES shields. All these things can nearly compensate for your inefficient wand, b/c I know the last thing you want to hear is to recraft a 5-6 ex wand.

The guy who submitted the shaper vid on my guide did it at around 4.5mil dps. You should watch the vid and compare it with your dps and see if there's a big difference. If your damage is way worse most likely it's something to do with playstyle. If it's similar but you aren't satisfied all I can say is sorry :/ it's the most you can squeeze out of a phys wander currently.

Here is the revised POB link. https://pastebin.com/PLhwXHSK

Last edited by Enahkra on Jul 9, 2019, 11:16:25 AM
"

The difference is very small, probably less than 1-2% and it depends on your setup. It's very hard to tell unless in retrospect which is better. But most of the time opal will be better. I don't advise self crafting your rings because it can be very hard to hit LGOH and also decent mods; you may as well hunt for some.
Last edited by Enahkra on Jul 9, 2019, 2:25:52 AM
"
WongBater wrote:

Updated PoB: https://pastebin.com/3d4z86EQ

*edit* Just updated build a bit, roll my wand and then 30% qual beastcrafted it. Got 21 Hatred + Precision and 21/20 added cold, + 2 levels.

Hey there thanks glad you're enjoying the build. I'm looking at your POB atm. It's a pretty solid setup; impressive that you managed to wise oak balance but it's definitely worth it since wise oak will provide a good chunk of ehp. I added Veteran Bowyer onto a jewel since POB does not factor that into dps calc, also your lethal pride has no mods on it, so I'm going to assume there's 300k more dps missing from there, since a decent one should provide approx that much.For some reason Wave of Conviction isn't providing the 25% debuff on my POB, I'm guessing it's a bug so I replaced it with Frost bomb but the dps should be the same. I dropped your Wise Oak for now just for the sake of comparing it with the build guide's POB. You're sitting at 4.37mil shaper dps.

The single biggest upgrade you can get atm is flat cold enchant on boots. I would almost suggest getting it yourself with some twice enchanteds if none are on the market. The mod is pretty much always up and it gives you an additional 300k dps bumping you up to 4.67mil.

I'm a bit hesitant suggesting any major gear changes because so much of your gearing choice was intended to balance wise oak, so any improvements for rare items would be very hard. But the good thing is a lot of your gear is already very good and depending on what content you're running ,it's probably okay sticking to your current set of rare items.

One cause for concern I see is that your life is only around 4.5k which might not be too safe for end game content. Wise Oak itself is providing ~500 life in most cases, but still a bit dangerous.

You might want to consider replacing your corrupted blood immunity jewel. The one you currently have doesn't give much; the flat wand phys is almost nothing and the %increased mod is conditional; the blind is redundant. Even if you could get a single decent flat life roll on there instead of any damage, I think it would help your build a lot.

With divining some of your gear you can squeeze out another ~7% life which combined with +30ish flat life from a new corrupted blood jewel will bring you to 4.75k life. Any extra life you can squeeze out right now will make a big difference until you reach probably 5kish. I wouldn't attempt uber elder with lower than 4.9-5k life especially if it's your first time with this kind of build.

Including Wise Oak in your setup, you would be 5.3m shaper dps. In that case maybe it's a good idea to switch over to the higher life tree on my guide; you will drop to maybe 4mil dps ish but that's still overkill for all content in game. You will feel much tankier though.

If you aren't doing mostly endgame, and just farming lower level content then anything life related that I mentioned above probably isn't necessary.

Edit: Just noticed your POB is missing a passive point so there's some extra damage or life from there.

Here is the POB with the changes I'm talking about. I did not include the 300k dps from Lethal Pride mentioned above. That was just my estimate.
https://pastebin.com/8ZWeJqzp

One last thing I wanted to add about Wave of Conviction vs. Frost Bomb.

There are pros and cons to each, but from a bossing perspective Frost Bomb may be better. The reason is b/c Wave of Conviction requires manually casting it to proc debuff + curse. This means you need to go up to boss and cast it during the beginning of the fight. One thing to consider is that you deal 4mil+ dps per second. Even if you spend only half a second using Wave of Conviction you're losing 2mil+ damage. Frost Bomb is harder to use, but if timed properly it can apply the debuff right as the fight begins (as an example, watch the beginning of each shaper phase from the video on the guide), which means you don't lose damage. Plus Frost Bomb has a pretty far cast range, so you can place it below the boss usually before the boss even targets you. One advantage for Wave of Conviction though is that it's much easier to cast mid-fight to reapply curse but with your level of damage, no fight should ever really take longer than a few seconds.
Last edited by Enahkra on Jul 9, 2019, 3:36:30 AM
Sorry if I sound like a noob, but I tried to craft my own wand with no luck, so I will just buy one from poe.trade. I already saw one for 9ex (I didn't leveled completely my char yet to compare in PoB), so I'm asking for an advice if possible... Is this wand worth the 9ex or later I will have to upgrade to something with more pDPS?. The only concern about this wand is the pDPS.
This is the wand:

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by KreuzCroix on Jul 9, 2019, 4:41:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info