[3.7] Champion Ice Spear Totem (Lazy Build For Delve 1000+)

I'm really enjoying this, so a big thank you for the build. Still feel a bit short on damage but nailed Phoenix deathless and never really felt threatened. Anyway.. I've got a question in regards to the Malachai's Awakening.

I've got a rare head that is very tanky, 100+ life, 80 res, 10% Phys dmg taken as cold, etc with a 300% Increased Ice spear Critical Chance in Second Form on it. Now it doesn't seem the POB has anyway of showing that so tool tip dps I drop quite a bit. It also feels a bit worse practically in maps..

Is the head enchant not significant since we already have such high crit? Or is it just that I'm short on damage in general and as such feeling the loss of Malachai's?
"
I'm really enjoying this, so a big thank you for the build. Still feel a bit short on damage but nailed Phoenix deathless and never really felt threatened. Anyway.. I've got a question in regards to the Malachai's Awakening.

I've got a rare head that is very tanky, 100+ life, 80 res, 10% Phys dmg taken as cold, etc with a 300% Increased Ice spear Critical Chance in Second Form on it. Now it doesn't seem the POB has anyway of showing that so tool tip dps I drop quite a bit. It also feels a bit worse practically in maps..

Is the head enchant not significant since we already have such high crit? Or is it just that I'm short on damage in general and as such feeling the loss of Malachai's?

Hey. You should use this enchant
. Try to get one with 30%. Its in second form we do most of our damage anyways.
"

Hey again! You can check my character to see what upgrades you might want to do. I definetly recommend changing your helmet to another enchant (reduced distant to changing forms). You might also use a clear mind jewel etc. Otherwise id say a 6l, change your faster casting to a Increased crit dmg or to Controlled destruction, that should up your damage. Also use a Dying sun flask and a Diamond flask.
Regards/Gabbi
Last edited by gabriella88 on Jun 24, 2019, 10:25:41 AM
Elder T9 down https://ibb.co/JcR9zCh .

5L (The only gem I have upgraded it's ice spear at level 18/17), no enchants with penetration, no pandemonius, no atziri reflection.

Died twice because I missed the 1 shot mechanic, didn't saw the are were I should have stand.

Of course I need more life for Shapper and capped fire rez, but it's doable at level 79.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Jun 24, 2019, 11:04:59 AM
I would like to ask for gearing recommendations on what to go for next.

My next major goal is to do Uber Elder.

Is the amulet purely there for more tankiness (Since it blinds on hit) or does it improve damage (PoB seems to put it as a damage decrease)?

I can do t16's without an issue, so I can save up EX to get the more important gear for increases/improvements. Just need to know what to upgrade because I think some things need to be purchased together (like good rings + atziri)
Last edited by iargue on Jun 24, 2019, 11:20:02 AM
"
iargue wrote:
I would like to ask for gearing recommendations on what to go for next.

My next major goal is to do Uber Elder.

Is the amulet purely there for more tankiness (Since it blinds on hit) or does it improve damage (PoB seems to put it as a damage decrease)?

I can do t16's without an issue, so I can save up EX to get the more important gear for increases/improvements. Just need to know what to upgrade because I think some things need to be purchased together (like good rings + atziri)

Check out my gear for upgrades. Especially my belt (stygians with extra cold damage) gloves (with more dmg against chilled enemies) and a watcher's eye with damage penetration when you use hatred. Damage penetrarion enchant on boots is also a huge boost. Regards/Gabbi
Last edited by gabriella88 on Jun 24, 2019, 11:23:42 AM
"
gabriella88 wrote:
"

Hey again! You can check my character to see what upgrades you might want to do. I definetly recommend changing your helmet to another enchant (reduced distant to changing forms). You might also use a clear mind jewel etc. Otherwise id say a 6l, change your faster casting to a Increased crit dmg or to Controlled destruction, that should up your damage. Also use a Dying sun flask and a Diamond flask.
Regards/Gabbi

Hey, thanks for the quick reply! Yeah, I actually just scrounged up enough to buy a 6L Soul Mantle. I'll try out Increased Crit dmg instead of faster casting. I've been using Faster Casting cause it seems stronger on the tool tip, can't remember what the POB said.

Yeah, I know the other Ice Spear enchants seem hotter. It just so happened I hit this. I've currently reverted back to Malachai's and scooped up some Abyss jewels with resistances to cover the deficit.

Mind me asking what Pantheons you're using? It just struck me I hadn't touched mine since the leveling process.
Last edited by FullMetalMustachio on Jun 24, 2019, 11:39:08 AM
I'm noticing I won't have nearly enough INT even having all the gear in your build. Maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks, Loathe
"
mmm4 wrote:
"
mr559 wrote:
Hey i started playing today in this build .and i guess i did something wrong because the damage is really bad boss in t-10 took a few minutes to kill someone can please check in profile what i did wrong. thanks and good day

Hey my profile is open now someone please take a look and tell me what's wrong
Thanks in advance and a good day

open on mmm4 profile

About int:
I had to take the 30 int on the tree. Ideally you can get a bit on your rare pieces and maybe some on jewels but do what you gotta do.

About Atziri's Reflection:
Don't have one myself but I still think it's BIS. You save 3 points on the tree that make things like hitting double curse setups much more feasible. Then you get lots of stats/life/res/etc on these pieces too that just make the build more solid. Possible you could make some +1 totem caster shield that would be really good too though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info