[3.7] Champion Ice Spear Totem (Lazy Build For Delve 1000+)

Anyone have links to import this into PoB? PathOfSkillTree website doesn't work.

Edit: Nvm, I found the PoB link
Last edited by Orionchuu on Aug 3, 2019, 1:52:15 AM
I've seen several people using Added cold damage instead of Hypothermia. I know it's a tooltip dmg increase but does it really improve dmg in general?
Does the Totem Taunt from Champion outweigh the DPS/QOL that Heirophant or Scion will bring?
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
Does the Totem Taunt from Champion outweigh the DPS/QOL that Heirophant or Scion will bring?

I don't know about others, but for someone with a slow pc(like me) that died a lot when opening strongboxes the totem taunt was a huge improvement. It also helps in delve when swarms of mobs gather and attack the totems instead of me
"
Isav wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:

I don't know about others, but for someone with a slow pc(like me) that died a lot when opening strongboxes the totem taunt was a huge improvement. It also helps in delve when swarms of mobs gather and attack the totems instead of me

Not worth it in my book. You do almost 3 times less DPS with Champion - 9mil Shaper down to 3.5mil with affordable gear (not GG like OP has). 8k eHP is sufficient to do all of the content, granted you are not trying to afk with t16 Legions.
Biggest question is: can you Delve at 1000+ with Scion? Yes, indeed - you can.
[Delve] Depth 1997 Solo/Volatile Dead
[Betrayal] Depth 1353 Solo/Dark Pact
[Legion] Depth 1003 Solo/Ice Spear
[Blight] Depth 1137 Solo/Dark Pact
[Metamorph] Depth 1005 Solo/Vortex
OMG! I was able to finish HoGM with this build. For all those saying it can't be done with totems, think again :D. Oh yeah, I know that my gear is crap compared to what most active/pro players have but, for a casual, I'm pretty happy. I can't farm it(5 deaths) but I managed to do it and with 1 portal left.
Last edited by RO_MrGummy on Aug 17, 2019, 3:57:32 AM
"
zoNiklv wrote:
"
Isav wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:

Not worth it in my book. You do almost 3 times less DPS with Champion - 9mil Shaper down to 3.5mil with affordable gear (not GG like OP has). 8k eHP is sufficient to do all of the content, granted you are not trying to afk with t16 Legions.
Biggest question is: can you Delve at 1000+ with Scion? Yes, indeed - you can.

So it's not just me. I was testing heiro (94), scion (91), and champion (93) in standard to compare how they felt running T16's and champion DPS is abysmal compared to heiro or scion based on my experience. I thought I was doing something wrong so I was reading comments and found this. Makes sense now. Champion feels tanky but I think that PoB stuff should be taken with a grain of salt. Run some T16's with all three and see how they feel. I like heiro. Scion was good too but her grunting drives me crazy so unless she was leaps and bounds better than any other class I would never play her for an entire league. I guess it's supposed to be her kiai but it sounds so fucking stupid to me.

While I'm off the topic, I also hate the way the templar runs. Looks like he's gotta load in his non-existent pants all the time. Also drives me crazy but easier to ignore than the scion trying to hold in a sneeze every time she uses a skill.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
"
Phaeded wrote:
So it's not just me. I was testing heiro (94), scion (91), and champion (93) in standard to compare how they felt running T16's and champion DPS is abysmal compared to heiro or scion based on my experience. I thought I was doing something wrong so I was reading comments and found this. Makes sense now. Champion feels tanky but I think that PoB stuff should be taken with a grain of salt. Run some T16's with all three and see how they feel. I like heiro. Scion was good too but her grunting drives me crazy so unless she was leaps and bounds better than any other class I would never play her for an entire league. I guess it's supposed to be her kiai but it sounds so fucking stupid to me.

While I'm off the topic, I also hate the way the templar runs. Looks like he's gotta load in his non-existent pants all the time. Also drives me crazy but easier to ignore than the scion trying to hold in a sneeze every time she uses a skill.

Yeah I've been doing the same, I also feel like Freezing Pulse totems blows this out of the water as well.
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
Yeah I've been doing the same, I also feel like Freezing Pulse totems blows this out of the water as well.

I tried FP but I sort of prefer the aesthetics and feel of ice spear. I'll try both during the league though.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
First of all... Thanks for this build.

I really enjoyed this build and i'll use again in the next league.
But i need ur help, because my dps is too much lower than yours (even considering that i've not your weapon and the 2 important jewels).
Could anyone check my char and give me your opinion?
Thnx for your help

My POB: https://pastebin.com/4bkd4Tk6

Regards
Last edited by Kaino on Aug 26, 2019, 2:17:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info