[3.7] Champion Ice Spear Totem (Lazy Build For Delve 1000+)

"
We should always start first by thanking the original author of the guide.
Thank you W3G!
By the tone of the question, it felt more like an insult rather than a request for more info or an update.

At this point in the league many people have already got their challenges and quit playing altogether until next league. Such is the nature of Path of Exile...

Did anyone playing other delve builds that easily do 1000+?
What key character traits were needed to get real deep?
How much offense? What kind offense? What kind of defense needed?

I never got to see the true potential of the build as I never crafted stat stick scepter because of exalt cost and I wanted to get all the crafts myself rather than just hand to someone to craft.
Jun is a royal pain in the ass.
Unveiling is horrible mechanic.
So is sulphite gathering so you can delve.

Agree 100% on the unveiling... after hundreds of items I just paid someone to craft for me. However, like I stated in one of my previous comments on page 65, when I put the multimod scepter in PoB there's no DPS increase from my cheap scepter, so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong.

I started playing this league 3 weeks late because of travelling, but I completed atlas, killed shaper, and in delve I'm at 300 and killed Kurgal depth 275 on my first try.

I think I may have screwed up by using an Empower 4 in my chest which does not have any + corruption on it, so I'll have a look at that. Apart from that, still feel kind of squishy in t16 maps (I'll die maybe once every 10 maps, keep in mind that they are fully sextanted etc) and now reaching depth 300 I'm starting to feel pretty low on HP when I hit nodes with extra proj, etc...

Still saving up for the atziri shield and the rings, hoping that it could fix some issues. If one of you fine gentlemen who have kept this thread alive would have any advice for me, that would be appreciated. Especially regarding my scepter and whether the multimoded one will be much better, and also for survivability.

Thanks so much!!

PoB = https://pastebin.com/7CkvZ04K
Last edited by KalaPathar on Jul 23, 2019, 1:22:27 AM
"
"
xjej wrote:
Quite likely a dumb question but I can't seem to figure how to apply curses on hit from rings.
Any clue?

Cold Snap which you should be using on rares to chill them and get extra damage

That was my idea too so I was trying over and over and over but not working at all..

..inside an hexproof map.

:|
been playing this build a bit and having a blast.

level 93, just completed most of the atlas and about to do red elder.

maybe its that i don;t know how to properly use PoB but its showing my dps at 6k? which is obviously wrong because im melting pretty much everything...

here's my link https://pastebin.com/ndDQA81M

any feedback on how to squeeze more out of this and get that insane one shot style dps?

"
Cydcor wrote:
been playing this build a bit and having a blast.

level 93, just completed most of the atlas and about to do red elder.

maybe its that i don;t know how to properly use PoB but its showing my dps at 6k? which is obviously wrong because im melting pretty much everything...

here's my link https://pastebin.com/ndDQA81M

any feedback on how to squeeze more out of this and get that insane one shot style dps?

Change your attack to "Second form, all projectiles" for a more accurate reading of your damage. With that PoB you gave me, it is showing about 228k dps.
ahh, that makes more sense.

still. OP shows 66k per hit. im at 12k. how do i get to like... 30k? lol

enchants on helm and boots are my next goal.

i know he has the double corrupt chest, atziri shield, 2 rings and the boot/abyss interaction going for him so i don't expect to hit 66k but half of that would be plenty im sure.

I don't know about you, guys, but for me this build is great. I'm a casual lazy player and this is the first time I reached lvl 93 in just one league. With my current items I can kill everything I encounter even though in pob I see just 5.8k damage :)) . As for survival with my totems up i have around 70% ph dmg reduction besides maxed out resistances. I don't know when this league will end but most likely i will play it next league as well. It suits my style too good not to play it again. Thanks to the guy who made it and to whoever will continue it. Though, if anyone uses his/head head, he/she can most likely adapted the next league too
Can you please clarify the levelling as a league starter?

You mention do a melee build 1-50 then respec but will you have enough refund points at that point in the game to respec?
follow the tree but skip the totem nodes besically just stretch the tree to where the notables and keystones are. when you hit 50, spec out of a couple life or whatever nodes and spec into the totem stuff... i leveled on a 2 link this way and it was ok. if i had currency for leveling items i would have just leveled with storm brand or something
I am loving this build as it has taken me easily to T16. I was wondering if I could get a critique on my skills and equipment? My Pob says my dps is only 4305, but I would assume that is low.

Thank you for reading.
"
You can level as melee as I did but looking at how well it works you can easily just start as holy flame totem or play with spell totems early as purify flame is fantastic.

You could mix in a few extra spells for rares/bosses (like frost bomb) until you take Ancestral Bond.

If I was to run this as new league starter, I would pick up resistances life and movement first until I knew I had enough gear to cap resistances into maps and finish normal, cruel, merciless labs.

I would prioritize

Right before I equipped Mantle I would make sure I had my 2 Kika's + sanctum of thought keystone

5L the mantle asap

grind for a decent scepter you don't need the perfect one just some (cold damage if using ice spear) and added no-chaos damage + bonus spell crit damage if you can find it.

thannks for the reply!

getting a 5 link at league start is pretty hard
will the build function on 4-link for white and yellow maps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info