"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package." - Fix inside!

I can not install under D:\Games\pathofexile. I won't install under C: (its for windows only) and whatever I do won't let me install here.

Errors I have seen:

- Error reading from file (when running downloaded msi file)

I just run the msi file without downloading to bypass the above:

- Not enough privileges (I have admin rights)
- Can not create directory (I already have created it manually)

Running w7 64 home premium
I recently took the steps outlined by TLHweOP's post, and the game did work, it started up, I made a character, and played around.
Shortly after, my computer crashed without warning, and I came back to find that my Grinding Gear Games folder had been wiped clean. The entire game has completely removed itself.
I have the same Windows Installer Package issue, win 7 64 bit, and have tried everything listed here as a possible fix, none have worked so far. Any assistance is appreciated.
- Force the installer to run with administrator privileges.
To do so:
1. Locate the Edge Inspect MSI installer file that you downloaded.
2. While holding down the Shift key on the keyboard, right-click on the Edge Inspect MSI, then choose Copy As Path.
3. Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories.
4. Right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run As Administrator. This should open a command prompt window, labeled "Administrator:".
5. In the Command Prompt window, type msiexec /i (you need to enter a single space after "/i").
6. Right-click in the Command Prompt window, then choose Paste. This should paste the path to the MSI file that you copied in Step 2 above.
7. Press Enter to run the command.
"
Echoenigma wrote:
I recently took the steps outlined by TLHweOP's post, and the game did work, it started up, I made a character, and played around.
Shortly after, my computer crashed without warning, and I came back to find that my Grinding Gear Games folder had been wiped clean. The entire game has completely removed itself.
I have the same Windows Installer Package issue, win 7 64 bit, and have tried everything listed here as a possible fix, none have worked so far. Any assistance is appreciated.

You can try copying the folder to another place after the download is finished and before closing the installer. After that, you can close the installer and just place the copied folder back into the directory.
"
Echoenigma wrote:

Before closing the installer, you can try copying the folder to another place after the download is finished . After that, you can close the installer and just place the copied folder back into the directory.

The reason why the installer might remove the files because once you exit the installer with the error, it removes itself. With the method above, you can just place the files back and run the game off of client.exe and content.ggpk. Reread my post regarding the issue, I updated it.
Last edited by Aengker on Jan 30, 2013, 8:49:53 PM
Hi would love to play this game but i keep getting this error:Couldn't resolve host name while downloading Http://patch.pathofexile.com:8095/patch/0.10.0.7/metadata/terrain/doodads/prison/dungeon_prison_broken_stackables_v01_04.aoc with an OK button could someone help me I am also using windows 7 thanks for any help i can get.
Yea it won't DL the game for me normally.

The fix is here...well maybe, I'm just DL-ing it.
Might work, http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/8059167/Path_of_Exile_0.10.0b_Open_Beta_client

Since the devs don't have an offline client, the pirated made one. The usual risks are involved with DL-ing something that has pirates involved. Hope it works.
how i fixed my problem was by deleting all my search history and cookies worked fine after wards. hope i can help
Havning to re DL the whole game just to fix it, i dont have good internet so downlading the game again and again is too much, im gona have to say find a fix to the problem or il have to stop playing th game . And i really dont wany to stop playing, its a great game but these kind of issues are too much. Probly takes me 2 full days to DL the game, so yah i cant do that often. hope u guys fix it :).
I am having an error that says Error: Couldn't resolve host name while downloading http://patch118.pathofexile.com8095/patch/0.10.0.7/art/model/terrain/act3/marketplace/tgms/market_thinwall_corner_v01_04_c2r2.tgm can anybody help me i tried everything (retry, and reinstall).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info