"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package." - Fix inside!

Error 2203:
To resolve this behavior, grant the System account Full Control permissions to the folder that contains the administrative installation point. Make sure you run the file with "run as administrator" permissions.

Error reading from file...:

Same

The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b)
Means the RPC Endpoint Mapper Service has issues.
Try disabling or uninstalling any antivirus services such as AVG and spyBot.
Disable Windows Firewall.
Should these fail, try doing a Windows repair to an restore point prior to installing such software.

Alternatively, format an 8-16BG USB disk to FAT32 or ExtFAT and install the game there.

Hi everybody!

First of all my apologizes for my english, it is not my language.

Well i have a weird problem when i try to install the game.

The thing is that i have no problems executing it and start the launcher.
Well the problem comes when the installer is about 70% (more or less) then it stops at this point forever (with no errors, no problems, really the installer is still working and appears "active").

At this point i have a PoE acces in my desktop wich i can run and it start patching the game (all of this without stopping the current installation).

When it has finished patching i can launch the game and play normally (also without stopping the current instaler proccess). But when i shut down mi PC and start again (to play another day) the PoE access has gone and the instalation it's not complete (obviusly because it hasn't finished last time).

I can repeat this way over and over again and i can play but is annoying patching 4GB every day (obviusly something is going wrong here) but i don't know how to make the damn installer complete the whole installation.

I've tryed many things such as give the installer and the directory every permissions, checking compatibility, deleting all folders and try again, use de CMD to install msi files and nothing, the installers stops around 70% (but really it continues working but nothing happens) i let it lots of hours and it doesn't move from there...

So now i'm a bit angry with that because the little time i could play the game i really enjoyed it a lot, but i simply can't patch 4GB every time i want to play it.

If anyone knows something about it i will thank you very very very much if you could help me.
By the way tell me if you need any more info...

Thanks a lot for reading this and sorry again for my grammar mistakes (i hope you can understand me).
"
When you Reinstalled the Game, did you Delete the Install folder and the Production_Config.ini file in the:

"

C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\My Documents\My Games\Path of Exile

Then redownload and reinstall?

Cause what is going on is if the Content.ggpk file is not being added when you click the PathofExile icon, then its getting shutdown before it does anything....This would take me to the Firewall / AV or another program shutting it down cause it has to scan the resources...

Thank you so much..This for me solved the problem!
I solved this problem on Windows XP by reinstall Windows Installer:

http://www.microsoft.com/ru-ru/download/details.aspx?id=8483

Perhaps it might be useful on other Windows verisons.
I womder if this games i usable on tablets

hi. just download this: http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Ultimate-MSI-to-EXE-Converter-Download-206656.html
"
HarSon wrote:
hi. just download this: http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Ultimate-MSI-to-EXE-Converter-Download-206656.html

Virus is detected on the link u give.
Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
Any1 got a solution for msi installation issue?

Everytime i run the pathofexileinstaller.msi, its just show me the window installer version:-

Windows ® Installer. V 4.5.6001.22159

did i miss something?
Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
"
starsg wrote:
"
HarSon wrote:

Virus is detected on the link u give.

have you clicked on the RIGHT download link? anyway you just need an MSI to EXE converter and you'll be fine.. that was just an example and, by the way, no viruses on my side.
The same package problem here...no solution? :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info