"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package." - Fix inside!

"
kabalprophet wrote:
The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b).
Click OK to close the application

can any one help wiyh this error??

The final post on this page, and the first post on the next should help with his.
Balance & Design
This might help. To begin, you can identify if you have any problematic programs causing the error. This is simple to do as the alerts will pop up every time you run the affected program. Once the faulty program has been determined, you have to remove it from your computer and re-install again to fix the problems with it. To delete programs from your system, you have to go to "Start" and then locate "Run". After that, type "appwiz.cpl" and then click "Enter". Next, you have to find and choose the program you want to delete from the list and then press "Remove" (for Windows XP) or "Uninstall" (for Windows Vista and Windows 7). Afterwards, reboot your computer. This process will remove the program from your PC. To re-install the program, you may download a new installation file from the internet or use an installer CD/DVD.

If after completing the above mentioned steps the error still persists, then you might have issues with your registry. The registry is a huge database where vital files, information, and settings are stored. Windows reads the files it needs to run programs smoothly through this database. Unfortunately, the registry gets damaged, corrupted, or clogged up easily, making Windows unable to access the required files in order for it to execute its operations. Once this happens, problems like the 0x000007b error occur all too often. To address this issue, download and run a registry cleaning program like the highly recommended CCleaner.

If using Win7 OS, remember to "Run as Administrator" while installing new program, I also advice to temporarily disable your AV/Firewall before installing new program.
I had a similar problem and I was able to install by doing this: http://weblogs.asp.net/rternier/archive/2007/02/01/how-to-install-msi-files-on-vista.aspx
well i had same issue,

Windows 7 x64, the previous mentioned did not fix it, but what did was.

you need to right click the PathOfExileInstaller.msi file.
And then choose troubleshoot compatibly,it will look for file errors and fix them. told me skip version check, pushed start the program... and worked :P
Can someone explain to me how to fix this? I've got very little technical knowledge and running on Vista.
"
digibluez wrote:
well i had same issue,

Windows 7 x64, the previous mentioned did not fix it, but what did was.

you need to right click the PathOfExileInstaller.msi file.
And then choose troubleshoot compatibly,it will look for file errors and fix them. told me skip version check, pushed start the program... and worked :P

Thanks dude, rly worked for me :)

Same Problem when trying to install before

1. Login as admin (only worked for me as real "Administrator" and did NOT as normal user with admin rights!)

2. Right-click and do what digibluez wrote

Now installation should start and work.... when you switch back to your normal (non-admin, but adminrights) user you can start PoE and it will begin to patch

Thanks again for the workaround...

... important: You need to be Administrator, not just a user with admin rights!!!

How to become a real administrator on win7 or vista?!

See http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-the-hidden-administrator-account-on-windows-vista/

Okay, it may be Bit Defender stopping this from working. It says:

OALInst.exe was deemed harmful

I don't know what to do with this. If it's okay I don't know how to allow it to pass.
i've got the same problem with the installer and none of the fixes have worked. would love to give this game a shot but if i can't even install the game..
"
Erithrius wrote:
SOLVED. All you have to do is not press OK when it tells you it failed. I've been playing for a while now, with th "There is a problem..." screen up.

PLEASE DRAW OTHERS' ATTENTION TO THIS THREAD AS IT CONTAINS THE SOLUTION FOR THIS PROBLEM.

ok, i figured out what Erithrius meant by this.
when you get the there is a problem box up dont press ok. you will have a path of exile shortcut icon on your desktop and if you dont press ok then you can run the launcher and play the game..

after the launcher has patched go to the destination folder and copy the files to a new folder, you can then press ok in the error box and it will roll back the client but will still leave the grinding gears and path of exile folders.
simply copy the files back into the path of exile folder and run the game and enjoy :)
Last edited by chandry on May 10, 2012, 6:09:20 PM
Thank you Chandry! That finally did it for me. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info