"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package." - Fix inside!

I downloaded the installer off this site and when I try to install it, it stops and tells me "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package." How can I fix this? I'd love to play it this weekend...
Last edited by Michael_GGG on May 6, 2013, 6:24:07 AM
Last bumped on Jan 8, 2017, 12:33:24 AM
Hello again,

Nobody has any idea how to fix this? Mods, you haven't had anyone else report this problem before or anything? I really would like to play, and it's kind of frustrating to have this problem that no one else does, that nobody seems to know how to solve :(
From seeing a few threads, we're a few now with this problem. I tried googling about ten options but they all didn't work. In Event Viewer, I get: Failed to connect to server. Error: 0x800706BA

Godspeed, GGG!
SO much for the free beta trial for stress test weekend...
SOLVED. All you have to do is not press OK when it tells you it failed. I've been playing for a while now, with th "There is a problem..." screen up.

PLEASE DRAW OTHERS' ATTENTION TO THIS THREAD AS IT CONTAINS THE SOLUTION FOR THIS PROBLEM.
Stickied for now!
Balance & Design
same problem
Same problem and that fix does not work.
Hmm, I'm afraid there isn't anything we can do without seeing the system - If anyone else is able to come up with a solution, please let us know!
Balance & Design
The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b).
Click OK to close the application

can any one help wiyh this error??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info