"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package." - Fix inside!

"
digibluez wrote:
well i had same issue,

Windows 7 x64, the previous mentioned did not fix it, but what did was.

you need to right click the PathOfExileInstaller.msi file.
And then choose troubleshoot compatibly,it will look for file errors and fix them. told me skip version check, pushed start the program... and worked :P

this worked out for me aswell. thanks
"
mlindsey1997 wrote:
I am having an error that says Error: Couldn't resolve host name while downloading http://patch118.pathofexile.com8095/patch/0.10.0.7/art/model/terrain/act3/marketplace/tgms/market_thinwall_corner_v01_04_c2r2.tgm can anybody help me i tried everything (retry, and reinstall).

Nevermind i got it, if you had this error you have to retry-retry-retry. Its annoying but its worth it. AWESOME GAME
AppName: client.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: client.exe
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0017726d

Just downloaded the client and get this report as soon as i click on the poe. I am running windows xp.
Any advice.
Hi

I got my version to install a few problems then explored a few solutions launch seemed fine it worked long enough for me to get to lvl 2 explore a little etc. However the rig became far too unstable random lock ups none responsive boots weird errors i have never ever had before. So When i was finally able to boot i uninstalled POE and then my rig resumed it's user friendly attitude.

I also think it is worth mentioning my unit far exceeds the system requirements.

I also expect a few problems with beta I have been involved with enough, but not to the point where my rig becomes un-useable in any state.

POE is on my list now. I hope the next download works correctly and my machine does not suddenly get Gremlins syndrome again.

You guys took the trouble to make it i will take the trouble to get it working!

Peace
If you can not remember anything from the night before, and you need sunglasses to open the fridge... It was a good one.
I was having the same issue as every one here so i went to this link (http://www.pathofexile.com/publicweekend/) in the 3 step click the download here and that should resolve any issue you where having and this problem with not being able to download the game isn't with anyone's computer the issue is with the link that is connected to the main download link, all that should be needed to be done is change the file location that the main download link is connected to and that should resolve anymore issues.
I downloaded the file from that site you listed but when I try and run the .exe I get the error message "Windows Installer" This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.

An I really wanted to play this game, wanted to finally stop playing a BLIZZARD game :(

PLEASE HELP
When you go to http://www.pathofexile.com/publicweekend/ go to step 5 and click the "download the client" link see below

5. How do I start playing?
Just create an account, download the client, then start playing when the public weekend is live! If you have problems, please post in the forums and we’ll try to help.
I was having issues with the client being stuck on "Checking Resources" after i bought a new computer (Running Windows7 home x86). After reading some forum entries, and doing some figuring out, it turns out all i had to do was find the actual client (not the shortcut on your desktop) in my program files (C:/Program Files/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile/Client) and run it as an administrator. Worked like a charm. Downloading now.
"
I was having issues with the client being stuck on "Checking Resources" after i bought a new computer (Running Windows7 home x86). After reading some forum entries, and doing some figuring out, it turns out all i had to do was find the actual client (not the shortcut on your desktop) in my program files (C:/Program Files/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile/Client) and run it as an administrator. Worked like a charm. Downloading now.

worked now! VERY THX!
mmm toujours pas de reponse?

in english : mmmm nobody can explaion to me how install msi file when win7 give me the message "there is a problem with this windows installer package."?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info