BSOD with only POE

There's lot's of solution for bs with creative card but what about bs who don't have sound blaster card hmm? I got bs in The docks (act3) only there and no solution for that?
I get a BSoD when playing Youtube videos while playing the game. However if the video is started before the game is launched then there is no issue.

This has only started to be an issue for me since patch(0.10.0c) as far as i'm aware.
Had a few BSOD's recently with PoE. Using Creative X-fi card - thought they were random crashes but I've noticed I always get a BSOD when entering "Chamber of Sins (Level 1)". Downloading beta drivers now.

Also noticed sound will not play in PoE if I have any other sound source playing - music, other games, audio from web browser window; even sounds played when clicking on certain dialog buttons will break the audio in PoE for a few secs. Not sure why this is? May only be with creative cards.

Edit: beta drivers did allow me to enter Chamber of sins. No crashes since.
creative audigy 2 zs
random bsod after i entered into the city
in the closed beta all was fine
Last edited by ther on Feb 3, 2013, 2:59:16 PM
I posted in another thread but this seems to be the better thread to also say it.

I also ran into this last night. BSOD randomly but mostly when loading. It was also the FIRST time I had ever worn my 5.1 headphones to play. Other times, I just use the headphone jack out of the front of the computer with external speakers to play and have never had this issue.

So, only when I use the outputs from the sound card at the back of the computer do I get bsod's.
I have a Creative SB X-Fi sound card and I've been getting BSOD's caused by portcls.sys as well and it happens randomly.

I thought it was my voltage settings at first, because I overclock my system. I upped my settings and the BSOD still persists.

shucks.
Last edited by hapijuic on Feb 4, 2013, 5:14:52 AM
I've had four BSoDs in the docks area of act 3 in a row. It happens roughly a minute or two after I load into the area. There's no way around it. Even tried resetting the instance. I can't continue with the quest and basically can't continue playing. I will try the nosound suggestion but I doubt that that's the issue.

Edit: Killed the sound but still no joy. The game crashed my comp with a BSoD in the exact same manner I've described above. I guess I'll come back in a week or two to see if they patched it. Can't continue playing as it is. I'll just go clean up my characters inventory and level up some gems and call it a night.

Edit 2: Ok, so I updated the drivers for my video card and killed the sound with the --nosound and was able to go through the docks. The video card in question is ASUS EAH5450. I've never had any trouble with it before.
Last edited by Alokej on Feb 5, 2013, 6:37:02 PM
--softwareaudio switch helped, thank you very much. I have X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro and the old 2.17.0008 drivers from 2010.
--softwareaudio worked for mine X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro on Win 7 Pro 64

Thanks!
If you guys are still having BSOD, you should try the registry fix for SoundBlaster cards, it's the third stickies in this sub-forum, it's called "Blue Screen of Death with some sound cards".

The fix works for me and one of my friends, we both have a SB X-FI based sound card, I'm using the 2013 driver (it says it's a Windows 8 driver but it's also a Vista and Win7 driver (not sure about XP) and my friend is using the old 2011 driver I believe so drivers doesn't seems to change much, it's all about that registry fix.
Tech guy
Last edited by Warrax on Feb 9, 2013, 11:19:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info