BSOD with only POE

"
Brumbek wrote:
Hmm...I have hundreds of games that work fine with my X-Fi. Only POE causes BSODs. Others are reporting the same thing on this thread. All my other games work fine. All of them. Only POE causes BSODs.

These are the facts. Period.

For now I will use "--softwareaudio" launch option and hope this works.

Let me say one final time, despite over-enthusiastic forum fanboys, it is crazy that I have to resort to software audio to avoid BSODs.

Did I mention literally every other PC game I've played in the last 5 years with my X-Fi has worked and never resulted in a BSOD?

Lastly, @lagwin1980, no need to respond. Let the facts speak for themselves.

This thread is ridiculous. Fix your damn PC's you whinging kids. No-one cares you play 300 other PC games on your shitehause rig. Also, stating that POE is the only game to blue screen on your rig as a "fact" does not help debug the issue or add any useful information what so ever. The creative issue has been around for other games for A LONG TIME and is not a fault of GGG, who have done an EXCELLENT job at this free to play game. This coming from a software developer; apologies to anyone with legitimate issues posting informative bug reports.

I think I've read too much forum insanity for the day.
"
wizzhop wrote:
"
Brumbek wrote:
Hmm...I have hundreds of games that work fine with my X-Fi. Only POE causes BSODs. Others are reporting the same thing on this thread. All my other games work fine. All of them. Only POE causes BSODs.

These are the facts. Period.

For now I will use "--softwareaudio" launch option and hope this works.

Let me say one final time, despite over-enthusiastic forum fanboys, it is crazy that I have to resort to software audio to avoid BSODs.

Did I mention literally every other PC game I've played in the last 5 years with my X-Fi has worked and never resulted in a BSOD?

Lastly, @lagwin1980, no need to respond. Let the facts speak for themselves.

This thread is ridiculous. Fix your damn PC's you whinging kids. No-one cares you play 300 other PC games on your shitehause rig. Also, stating that POE is the only game to blue screen on your rig as a "fact" does not help debug the issue or add any useful information what so ever. The creative issue has been around for other games for A LONG TIME and is not a fault of GGG, who have done an EXCELLENT job at this free to play game. This coming from a software developer; apologies to anyone with legitimate issues posting informative bug reports.

I think I've read too much forum insanity for the day.

oh yeah thats a nice guy :p

kickass workaround :D buy or have a logitech g510s with integrated soundcard :P
A friend of me got the same Problem. We solved it with the inofficial PAX Drivers. Creative Original Drivers really suck...

His System: Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music @Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/pax-drivers/

He uses the PCI Version with the Driver "PAX MASTER PCI XFI Driver Suite 2013 V1.05 ALL OS Stable Drivers Default TweakEdition".

Original Driver: BSOD
PAX Driver: Working all fine :).

Maybe it will help some of you guys. I didn't read the whole Thread so i don't know if it was already here.

Greets
Sanicia
"
CyR4DiS wrote:
A friend of me got the same Problem. We solved it with the inofficial PAX Drivers. Creative Original Drivers really suck...

His System: Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music @Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/pax-drivers/

He uses the PCI Version with the Driver "PAX MASTER PCI XFI Driver Suite 2013 V1.05 ALL OS Stable Drivers Default TweakEdition".

Original Driver: BSOD
PAX Driver: Working all fine :).

Maybe it will help some of you guys. I didn't read the whole Thread so i don't know if it was already here.

Greets
Sanicia

I've just installed "PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver Suite 2014 V1.00 Default Tweak Edition" - looks like it doesn't help, moreover now I'm observing BSODs during playing (with original drivers, I got BSODs only when alt-tab).

Sound card Crative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty (PCIe)
This thread is still going?

Use the -swa command line option to stop having issues. (See here)

Yes, it's software audio, but GGG still hasn't been able to fix the issue with Creative cards. As a bonus, your audio levels will now function correctly and not be wildly quiet or loud.

And to comment on the PAX drivers; They make subjective changes to how the sound sounds (bass, treble, etc.), I don't recommend using the 'tweak edition' version of the drivers.. although that's all that seems to be released nowadays.
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.
Last edited by DAOWAce on Feb 11, 2014, 11:17:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info