BSOD with only POE

Hopefully the upcoming patch will fixed the BSOD for XFi owners..
Im having the same issue, but I have a Evga 660TI, PC never crashes in any other game (have 200+ games on steam). Only having BSOD issue playing PoE. Drivers are all up to date as well so it is definitely client based. Please fix.
Just wanted to say that I am having this exact same issue. i5 2500k and nVidia GeForce 580GTX, 16GB ram and a Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality. My PC doesn't crash on any other games, but randomly BSOD's with "portcls.sys" during PoE play :\
Hi everybody : I'm new in PoE and I'm really tired of try to fix this. I've install a BETA Drivers for my X-Fi Titanium Fatalit1 and has BSOD stopped but sometimes appear issues about decode sounds ogg, and game is shutdown.
Thanks a lot
Don't know if this thread is exactly did or not, but I blue screened twice today both exclusively from playing PoE.

Is this still a reoccurring problem for anyone else?
"
ArcticFox101 wrote:
Don't know if this thread is exactly did or not, but I blue screened twice today both exclusively from playing PoE.

Is this still a reoccurring problem for anyone else?

Yes, have the same problem. Happens VERY randomly, sometimes 2-3 days no bluescreen and sometimes after 15 minutes of playing POE and only POE! Mostly happens in act 3 lunaris temple lvl 3 or sceptre of god/dominus fight.

It is a BCC 116 blue screen for me, so it seems related with GFX driver/card
Monitored heat from every component, everything very fine
De-slotted GFX card
checked PSU for enough power and cooling
changed the TDR regitry value to a way higher number (more time for the machine to restart the gfx driver)
deinstalled every unneccessary software and drivers
ran several benchmark-stresstest tools for memory and gfx card (nothing, temperature fine, no errors)
disabled 2. monitor
changed power management for CPU und GPU
vsync on, texture quality etc lowered
tried 4-5 different nvidia drivers
--nosound, --swa tried because i have a Realtek HD audio and saw that some poe players have the same but yea...

and so on, tried nearly everything what i found in this forum and on the internet...nothing.
It happens fewer than 3 weeks before, so i dont know if my changes tuned it down or the patched helped a bit, but it is still happening from time to time.

Thought I would give the game a try again after downloading on steam. Logged in after the game downloaded and it asked me to link my steam account. Blue screened right there with portcls.sys. Still an issue after a year. Good luck grinding gear but can't support a game that's had this same issue this long (and the only game I've played that has this issue).
"
bbq4tw wrote:
Thought I would give the game a try again after downloading on steam. Logged in after the game downloaded and it asked me to link my steam account. Blue screened right there with portcls.sys. Still an issue after a year. Good luck grinding gear but can't support a game that's had this same issue this long (and the only game I've played that has this issue).

that's not even the same error. not all blue screen errors are caused by the same thing. that's like saying that all people are the same because we all have faces and bodies while completely ignoring all the things that make them different.
I just posted a separate thread of my own on this issue, as I read somewhere that moderators wanted it that way.

I played POE during open BETA with NO issues other than an occasional toss off the server when they first released the game officially and things got crowded. Yeah, lag, but workable. I've played two characters, one up to level 35 or so with no problems.

A week or so ago, I experienced my first BSOD while playing POE. Actually, I got a black screen, and feedback in my headset, and my computer turned itself off and tried to reboot.

This happened again a couple days ago. In the middle of a fight. Just black, buzzzzz, dead, beep. I've only had one error message, and it did say blue screen error, but I didn't get the details. Other than that one time, I don't even see an error message. Computer just dies and tries to reboot, sometimes successfully, sometimes not.

Today, it happened three more times, within 5 minutes of logging in to the game. Now I can't play at all, and the last time I had trouble getting the computer through a normal start up.

I don't even have a Creative sound card. I run my sound through my Nvidia video card, and the sound card installed is a Realtek. I tried new drivers, I tried the --softwareaudio fix, I tried running diagnostics on my computer, none of it worked and I refuse to even try to play the game with no sound. Really?

This is obviously something that either happened or was brought back to life during a recent patch, as I did not have this problem at all until a week ago. I don't have it with any of my other games, only POE.

Guys, you need to fix this. At the moment, I won't touch this game until I'm sure it's taken care of because I'm afraid of screwing up my machine. Repeated BSODs are serious stuff.

Intel Quadcore i7 930 @ 2.8 Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 570
Windows 7 64 bit
9 G RAM
"
Drakier wrote:
"
bbq4tw wrote:

that's not even the same error. not all blue screen errors are caused by the same thing. that's like saying that all people are the same because we all have faces and bodies while completely ignoring all the things that make them different.

Weird, the OP has a blue screen with portcls.sys just like me but I guess his portcls.sys is different from mine.
Last edited by bbq4tw on Dec 4, 2013, 11:17:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info