[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

"
mual12345 wrote:
Since most of the skills and ascendancy got nerf, is it still good to use for the end game ? Before nerf I'm still doing good on red map as well as killing guardians . Hopefully it's not too bad.

Nerfs to this build:

Trickster
Ghost Dance: Now causes you to gain a Ghost Shroud every 2 seconds (from 1).
Escape Artist: Now grants 10% chance to dodge hits from Spell Damage while you have Energy Shield (from 20%), and 6% increased Attack and Cast Speed per Ghost Shroud (from 12%).
Each of the small passives on the Trickster Ascendancy tree now grant 5% increased energy shield (from 8%) and 14% increased evasion rating (from 8%).

Soulrend
The projectile now has a radius of 10 (from 13)

Bane
Now deals 45.7 base chaos damage per second at gem level 1 (from 66.8), up to 895.6 at gem level 20 (from 1060.6)

Immortal Call
No longer makes you immune to physical damage for a duration.
Base duration is now 1 second at all gem levels (from 0.4 seconds).
Now has an instant cast time (from 0.85 seconds).
Now causes you to take 25% less elemental damage and 25% less physical damage at gem level 1, with the values growing based on the gem level, up to 34% less elemental damage and 35% less physical damage at gem level 20.
Now consumes endurance charges up to a maximum of 5, causing you to take 15% less physical damage per endurance charge consumed for the buff's duration.
Increases the duration of the buff by 20% for each endurance charge consumed.
Now has a 3 second cooldown, which does not recover during its effect.
Shares its cooldown with other guard skills (Steelskin and Molten Shell).

Then this....
Monster Changes
Magic monsters now have 50% more life at level 1, up to 75% more life at level 68 and above.
Rare monsters now have 33% more life at level 1, up to 100% more life at level 68 and above. They now grant 54% more experience.
"
mual12345 wrote:
Since most of the skills and ascendancy got nerf, is it still good to use for the end game ? Before nerf I'm still doing good on red map as well as killing guardians . Hopefully it's not too bad.

It should still be fine.

Skills (Soulrend + Bane)
Spoiler

- The reduced Soulrend radius is mostly a clear speed nerf (which was quite good in 3.6) and probably a slight damage nerf while you're not constantly casting. I didn't do the exact math, but it shouldn't be very noticeable.

- The hit to Bane's damage isn't that significant, especially since you only use it to supplement your Soulrend damage and apply curses.

Defenses (Trickster Ascendancy)
Spoiler

- ES changes don't really affect the Trickster versions (you lose a minuscule amount of EHP because of the changes to the minor Ascendancy nodes, but gain a bit more evasion).

- I don't think the 18% (instead of 36%) cast speed from Escape Artist will be that noticeable (1 in 4 Soulrend characters in Synthesis SC was an Occultist anyway). You can always invest a bit into cast speed in the actual passive tree (this also makes Dark Arts and dual wielding even more attractive).

- Slower Ghost Shroud regeneration and 10% less Spell Dodge are definitely the biggest hit, but considering how absurdly tanky Trickster was in 3.6, it's still a manageable nerf in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited by obliviousBC on Jun 5, 2019, 4:28:56 AM
"
obliviousBC wrote:
"
mual12345 wrote:

It should still be fine.

Skills (Soulrend + Bane)
Spoiler

- The reduced Soulrend radius is mostly a clear speed nerf (which was quite good in 3.6) and probably a slight damage nerf while you're not constantly casting. I didn't do the exact math, but it shouldn't be very noticeable.

- The hit to Bane's damage isn't that significant, especially since you only use it to supplement your Soulrend damage and apply curses.

Defenses (Trickster Ascendancy)
Spoiler

- ES changes don't really affect the Trickster versions (you lose a minuscule amount of EHP because of the changes to the minor Ascendancy nodes, but gain a bit more evasion).

- I don't think the 18% (instead of 36%) cast speed from Escape Artist will be that noticeable (1 in 4 Soulrend characters in Synthesis SC was an Occultist anyway). You can always invest a bit into cast speed in the actual passive tree (this also makes Dark Arts and dual wielding even more attractive).

- Slower Ghost Shroud regeneration and 10% less Spell Dodge are definitely the biggest hit, but considering how absurdly tanky Trickster was in 3.6, it's still a manageable nerf in the grand scheme of things.

Think overall your right but will also be dependant on how good your gear is, I think I'll still league start with this as it's cheap and easy while getting currency and see about building a melee char.
Just seems like they are trying to pigeon hole players now with the latest leagues in to certain meta's, getting a bit too controlling if you ask me.
I covered the recent changes, you can find the list in the main post. Overall we got small damage and survivability nerfs, however the build still functions in the same way and will be a strong league starter for Legion.

"
Trulls_Rohk wrote:
Damn looks like yet another great skill ruined by GGG, first Arc and now Bane/Soulrend.
They aren't ruined in any way. Soulrend is basically unchanged(the aoe nerf doesn't really matter), while Bane was incredibly overtuned and everybody knew that, so the damage nerf was expected.
Last edited by Syreith on Jun 5, 2019, 5:06:56 AM
"
Syreith wrote:

-Soulrend projectile radius reduced to 10%(from 13%) - doesn't really matter, so there's basically no nerf to our main skill

Thats not 13%->10% its 13->10 units, so -25% on projectile radius (so not leaving the screen by default now).
Will be noticeable for QOL :)
Last edited by belgarith on Jun 5, 2019, 1:09:04 PM
It's not changing how far the projectiles go. It changes the range from the projectile that is affected. The projectiles always went way more than 13 units. This just means there will be bigger "gaps" between the projectiles.
"
Mavrande wrote:
It's not changing how far the projectiles go. It changes the range from the projectile that is affected. The projectiles always went way more than 13 units. This just means there will be bigger "gaps" between the projectiles.

Your right, seems to be this way, so the hit box of every single projectile has lost 25% width ...
Which given the short duration of the dot will also be a DPS loss. Absolutely no idea how to calculate the uptime though.
Never played a build like this before, how does the "Unleash Support" really work ?
Glad to hear the build is still viable! On a PS4 playing and I don’t think melee style characters will work so well with the optimizations as they are now.

Sooo... I’m using this build again! It’s been really strong and fun and hopefully I can get the gear to move past the MOM only version.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info