[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

Nevermind this post, figured it out
Last edited by Ziakah on Jun 1, 2019, 5:28:04 PM
"
lotusmonk wrote:
Hello, 2 quick questions if anyone knows and has a moment:

1) I saw life/es leech mentioned in the guide, but where is that coming from? Can Soul rend leech? Do the dots allow leech?

2) Would ED be a better option for big boss fights? I'm new to chaos skills but wouldn't the regen it gives increase sustain for the long fights?

Soulrend has built in ES leech: "4% of Spell Damage Leeched as Energy Shield"

Some do use ED or Bane, especially if they have a 2nd 6link weapon, check PoeNinja for builds:

Soulrend/ED
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Trickster&skill=Soulrend,Essence-Drain&weapon=Bow

Soulrend/Bane
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Trickster&skill=Soulrend,Bane&weapon=Bow
How many people find the es "better"
Im currently this build
Life+MoM+EB, Bane+2 Curses With 5.3k life and 1.7k
But I find I'm pretty squishy still so I'm wondering if I should invest in getting a few hundred more life or if I should switch to the es version?
Thoughts people?
"
Mr_ShyGuy wrote:
How many people find the es "better"
Im currently this build
But I find I'm pretty squishy still so I'm wondering if I should invest in getting a few hundred more life or if I should switch to the es version?
Thoughts people?

I can't see your profile and check but what Aura's are you using?
And are you using Diadem with the Aura's?
Also what Armour?
"
Mr_ShyGuy wrote:
Im currently this build

I have the same basic MoM+EB build; can't see your toon to know what details are different.

I currently have 5k life and about 2.1k ES. Active auras are Malevolence and Grace and I also have Aspect of the Spider. I have Vaal Disc but not using standard Disc as the ES rarely moves, so pushing it to 2.7k would not help much.

One more reservation node will allow another 35% aura. I thought about going to Clarity (which reserves almost nothing) with a Watcher's Eye that sends 10% more damage to mana before life, but my current WE with 20% nacdot is nice. That 10% extra mana-before-health mod would be a huge boost to EH though, since the ES (mana) pool is much more resilient than the life pool.

This is currently the tankiest build I have played, although still not for face tanking. I would say just work on tuning yours, but I'd be interested to hear from someone who has tried CI.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Jun 3, 2019, 1:08:09 PM
"
Trulls_Rohk wrote:

I can't see your profile and check but what Aura's are you using?
And are you using Diadem with the Aura's?
Also what Armour?

Unfortunately I'm on ps4 so ya
I'm using Malevolence,grace and arctic armor yes in the Diadem trying to work in aspect of the spider somewhere
Using a 6link queen of the forest but playing around with a cherrubim's maleficence

"

I have the same basic MoM+EB build; can't see your toon to know what details are different.

I currently have 5k life and about 2.1k ES. Active auras are Malevolence and Grace and I also have Aspect of the Spider. I have Vaal Disc but not using standard Disc as the ES rarely moves, so pushing it to 2.7k would not help much.

One more reservation node will allow another 35% aura. I thought about going to Clarity (which reserves almost nothing) with a Watcher's Eye that sends 10% more damage to mana before life, but my current WE with 20% nacdot is nice. That 10% extra mana-before-health mod would be a huge boost to EH though, since the ES (mana) pool is much more resilient than the life pool.

This is currently the tankiest build I have played, although still not for face tanking. I would say just work on tuning yours, but I'd be interested to hear from someone who has tried CI.

Sounds like we're in about the same boat but you've got a good amount more es where I've got more life
I also thought about going that 10% damage taken from mana first WE but pickings are slim on ps4
Hey guys. Will 3.7 Nerf on Soulrend affect this build greatly? Usually when a nerf happpens, the build will be adjusted accordingly to make it up?
"
Syreith wrote:
3.7 Update:
All of our spells are getting nerfed plus the ascendancy itself, however the build should remain a strong league starter as long as they tune down the numbers and don't change the way bane and soulrend work.

Hey guys,

Longtime player here. I will be playing this as a league starter in Synthesis Hardcore. Please note that this is a work in process and will change frequently over the course of the league. You can track the progress in the Changelog section. Also before asking any questions, please check the FAQ section. I won't be giving answers to things which are covered there.

The character is designed to be a fast and cheap mapper with great defenses and hardcore viability in mind. Trickster brings more to the table than Occultist in terms of clear speed and ease of gearing. Should be viable in both trade and SSF leagues.

Currently I've covered two different ways of building the character. Ultimately you would want to transition from the pure MoM version, which is dead cheap, to the MoM+EB one, which is overall way stronger once you have the required gear. Each section has the corresponding path of building links, information about items, gem links, jewels, flasks, labyrinths, passive skill trees and a short summary.

I. Life+MoM, Bane+2 Curses - 5.5k Life/2.5k Mana @LVL92 - Ready to use
Spoiler
Straightforward Mind Over Matter build.
30% of the incoming damage is drained from our mana pool.
Bane on 4 link with Despair and Temporal Chains. You can switch Temporal Chains for Enfeeble.
We reserve some of our mana with the Clarity.
Malevolence is used only if socketed in Essence Worm ring.

The given unique items are not required for the build to function, they are just nice to have if you don't want to transition to the MoM+EB version. You can go with full rare items in SSF.

Defense:
"
-High effective health pool
-~20% block chance
-50/50% spell and attack dodge during Quartz flask
-75/75% spell and attack dodge during Vaal Grace
-~55% evade chance during jade and stibnite flasks uptime
-78% maximum elemental resistances
-6% reduced damage taken from Weave the Arcane
-~120% movement speed
-Temporal Chains curse from Bane
-Fortify
-Vaal Grace

Offense:
"
-We get a lot of attack and cast speed from the Trickster ascendancy
-Our damage over time is further boosted by Patient Reaper and Prolonged Pain
-Malevolence Aura socketed in Essence Worm
-Permanent Onslaught
-4 Power and 4 Frenzy charges
-Despair curse from Bane
-Vaal Haste

Gem links
Spoiler
6L/5L: Soulrend - Efficacy - Arcane Surge - Controlled Destruction/Unleash* - Greater Multiple Projectiles/Void Manipulation - Empower/Swift Affliction(6L)*.
*May be a bit hard to get 4 blue sockets if you are using Belly of the beast.
Swap Greater Multiple Projectiles to Void Manipulation and Unleash to Controlled Destruction for single target.
If you have only 3 blue sockets, replace Controlled Destruction with Swift Affliction.

4L: Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Culling Strike

4L: Blight - Spell Totem - Multiple Totems - Faster Casting

4L: Bane - Despair - Efficacy - Temporal Chains/Enfeeble/Controlled Destruction*
*use Controlled Destruction before you get your second curse from Whispers of Doom

3L: Cast when Damage Taken(LVL8) - Immortal Call(LVL10) - Vaal Righteous Fire*
* or chaos/stone golem if you don't like using Vaal Righteous Fire

3L: Vaal Haste - Vaal Grace - Clarity

1L: Malevolence Aura*
*Socket this in Essence Worm ring, don't use it if you don't have the ring

Jewels
Spoiler

Two Fragility jewels to get the permanent Onslaught from Ahn's Heritage.

One Spreading Rot jewel is used to apply Wither stacks through Blight.

The Transcendent Spirit jewel can be placed in the jewel socket north of Herbalism. It gives ~300 mana and ~10 movement speed, but is expensive, thus optional.

The rest of the jewels are generic %life/+life/%chaos damage/%damage/%spell damage/%dot.

Items
Spoiler
Uniques:
Armor: Belly of the Beast

Ring: Essence Worm

Shield: Ahn's Heritage

You can also use two wands, but you should get the Dark Arts cluster in the passive skill tree.

Examples of rare crafted weapons and which mods to look for:
Spoiler
Dagger:

Wand:

You can achieve higher damage with a wand but you won't be able to shield charge. The Decay mod is from Essence of Delirium. You can do fine without it, just replace it with cast speed. However it's a great damage boost. Those weapons have the best mods available for us, look for any combination of them. Prioritize x% spell damage, +x% to non-ailment chaos damage over time multiplier and x% chaos damage+chaos skills have x% increased duration. You can choose another mod instead of arcane surge if you don't want it.

Rares:
All other pieces are generic +life/+mana and resist rares. You can craft % chaos damage amulet with essence of envy or abberant fossil.

Flasks
Spoiler
1. Seething Divine Life Flask(Instant)
2. Experimenter's Stibnite or Chemist's Basalt Flask
3. Chemist's Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline
4. Experimenter's Quartz Flask
5. Experimenter's Jade Flask

Be sure to roll bleed(of Staunching), freeze(of Heat) and curse(of Warding) immunities on your flasks.

Labyrinths
Spoiler
1. Weave the Arcane
2. Swift Killer
3. Patient Reaper
4. Prolonged Pain

Passive skill trees
Path of Building

II. Life+MoM+EB, Bane+2 Curses - 6k Life/2.9k ES @LVL91 - Ready to use
Spoiler
This version uses Mind Over Matter together with Eldritch Battery.
30% of the incoming damage is drained from our energy shield pool.
Bane on 4 link with Despair and Temporal Chains. You can switch Temporal Chains for Enfeeble.
100% of our mana pool is reserved by Grace and Malevolence.
We spend energy shield to cast spells.

The given unique items are not required for the build to function. You can go with full rare items in SSF. However before switching to this version, you will need ~1500 evasion rating chest, decent hybrid(life+es) helmet and shield in order to get ~2k energy shield pool. Play the pure MoM version before you have those items. If you really want to transition to this version without the items, a simple workaround is to use discipline aura instead of malevolence.

When we get hit, Trickster's Ghost Shroud(has 3 stacks, each stack gives 3% reduced damage taken) recovers 5% of our evasion rating back as energy shield. Using this in combination with Kintsugi(if you decide to use this chest) makes us take 29% less damage taken the first time we get hit recently and 20% less damage taken all the time if it doesn't hit(some of the lab traps, degen pools, etc). Overall stronger version, but needs certain items to work.

Defense:
"
-High effective health pool
-~30% block chance
-10/45% spell and attack dodge during Quartz flask
-45/75% spell and attack dodge during Vaal Grace
-~80% evade chance during jade and stibnite flasks uptime
-3% reduced damage taken per Ghost Shroud stack, 3 stacks in total
-~2.5k instant energy shield recovery when hit
-~120% movement speed
-Temporal Chains curse from Bane
-3 endurance charges
-Fortify
-Grace
-Vaal Grace

Offense:
"
-We get a lot of attack and cast speed from the Trickster ascendancy
-Our damage over time is further boosted by Patient Reaper and Prolonged Pain
-3 frenzy and 3 power charges
-~15% chance to gain Onslaught on kill
-Malevolence Aura
-Despair curse from Bane
-Vaal Haste

Gem links
Spoiler
6L/5L: Soulrend - Efficacy - Controlled Destruction/Unleash - Void Manipulation - Greater Multiple Projectiles/Swift Affliction - Empower(6L).
Swap Greater Multiple Projectiles to Swift Affliction and Unleash to Controlled Destruction for single target.

4L: Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Culling Strike

4L: Bane - Despair - Efficacy - Temporal Chains/Enfeeble/Controlled Destruction*
*use Controlled Destruction before you get your second curse from Whispers of Doom

3L: Blight - Spell Totem - Multiple Totems

2L: Cast when Damage Taken(LVL8) - Immortal Call(LVL10)

2L: Flame Dash - Faster Casting

1L: Vaal Grace

1L: Vaal Haste

1L: Malevolence Aura

Jewels
Spoiler
Intuitive Leap jewel placed in the jewel socket east of Overcharged.
We use it to generate frenzy, power and endurance charges on kill and allocate the Melding node.

One Spreading Rot jewel is used to apply Wither stacks through Blight.

Two or three Searching Eye Abyssal jewels with %chance to gain Onslaught for 4 seconds on Kill. Aiming for 15-20% chance.

The rest of the jewels are generic %life/+life/%chaos damage/%damage/%spell damage/%dot.

Items
Spoiler
Uniques:
Armor: Kintsugi - any unique armor with 1500+ evasion will work, you can get Queen of the Forest for +50% movement speed or Cospri's Will for +1 curse. Cloak of Defiance
is an exellent choice for higher effective health pool. Cherrubim's Maleficence is also a viable alternative.

Shield: Lioneye's Remorse - budget shield, works with Cerberus Limb. Get rare shield with energy shield and life if you have better weapon that Cerberus Limb.

Weapon: Cerberus Limb - Works only in combination with Lioneye's Remorse.
You can also use two wands, but you should get the Dark Arts cluster in the passive skill tree.

We leech to both our life and energy shield pools at the same time with the combination of Cerberus Limb and Lioneye's Remorse. This is by no means the best weapon+shield combo, but a nice entry point. Rare crafted weapon and shield will outperform this.

Examples of rare crafted weapons and which mods to look for:
Spoiler
Dagger:

Wand:

You can achieve higher damage with a wand but you won't be able to shield charge. The Decay mod is from essence of delirium. You can do fine without it, just replace it with cast speed. However it's a great damage boost. Those weapons have the best mods available for us, look for any combination of them. Prioritize x% spell damage, +x% to non-ailment chaos damage over time multiplier and x% chaos damage+chaos skills have x% increased duration. You can choose another mod instead of arcane surge if you don't want it.

Rares:
Hybrid(life+energy shield) helmet and shield.
If you don't want to use unique armor, aim for 1500+ evasion rare crafted chest.
All other pieces are generic +life/+evasion and resist rares. You can craft % chaos damage amulet with essence of envy or abberant fossil. If you get a good hybrid(es+life) shield, you can switch to it in combination with a rare crafted weapon.

Flasks
Spoiler
1. Seething Divine Life Flask(Instant)
2. Experimenter's Stibnite Flask
3. Chemist's Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline
4. Experimenter's Quartz Flask
5. Alchemist's Jade Flask of Reflexes

Be sure to roll bleed(of Staunching), freeze(of Heat) and curse(of Warding) immunities on your flasks.

Labyrinths
Spoiler
1. Ghost Dance
2. Escape Artist
3. Patient Reaper
4. Prolonged Pain

Passive skill trees
Path of Building

GG ES CI Soulrend(6L)+Bane(4L), 2 curses, 4 auras, 2 wands + QotF - Expensive
Spoiler

Path of Building
Spoiler

Bonus version: ES CI Blight-CwC-Soulrend with Bane for clearing
Spoiler

Path of Building

III. Occultist versions
Spoiler
Do note that I won't support support this section of the guide.
Those are alternative ways to build around Soulrend and Bane for the people who want to play as an Occultist.

1. ES LL 3-Curse Bane Occultist - 9.8k ES @LVL91
Spoiler
Path of Building

2. ES LL 3-Curse Soulrend(6L)+Bane(4L) Occultist - 10.3k ES @LVL92
Spoiler
Path of Building

3. ES CI 3-Curse Soulrend(6L)+Bane(4L) Occultist - 10.3k ES @LVL91
Spoiler
Path of Building

1. Bandits
Spoiler
Kill all. Help Alira if you're playing in SSF and need the resistances, respec later.

2. Pantheons
Spoiler
Major: Soul of Solaris
Minor: Soul of Shakari, Soul of Yugul if fighting against the Elder. Fully upgrade all of them.

3. Leveling guide - trees, items, skill gems, alternative labyrinths, leveling video
Spoiler
I strongly recommend watching RaizQT's Essence Drain League start SSF speedrun guide, especially if you are a new player. You will learn a lot of things. There are two diagrams in the video description regarding the early gem and item progressions which I suggest following. He is a great player and this resource is all you'll need to level this build until you get Soulrend.

Leveling trees
Spoiler
This is for the Life+MoM version, you won't have enough ES to use EB without some items. Once you get the required gear respec to the EB version.

14 points
33 points
62 points
80 points
95 points
115 points - Level 92

Leveling items
Spoiler
Helm: Goldrim/Skullhead(level 36)

Armour: Tabula Rasa

Gloves: Lochtonial Caress

Boots: Wanderlust

Weapon: +1 chaos wand(vendor 1 magic wand and any skill gem with Chaos tag)/Lifesprig x2/Brightbeak/The Dark Seer or Rare weapon with spell damage/cast speed/chaos damage/damage over time

Shield: Crest of Perandus/Great Old One's Ward

Ring: Praxis/-mana cost Elreon ring

Amulet: Karui Ward/The Aylardex

Leveling gems(level 28 and onwards)
Spoiler
Main skill: Soulrend(1L)+Efficacy(2L)+Lesser Multiple Projectiles(3L)+Controlled Destruction(4L)+Void Manipulation(5L)*
*Swap Lesser Multiple Projectiles for Greater Multiple Projectiles once you get it in A4. Swap Greater Multiple Projectiles/Lesser Multiple Projectiles to Swift Affliction for single target.

Secondary skill: Bane(1L)+Despair(2L)+Enfeeble/Temporal Chains(3L)+Controlled Destruction(4L)

Movement skill: Shield Charge(1L)+Faster Attacks(2L)+Fortify(3L)+Culling Strike(4L)

Movement skill N2(before you get Weave the Arcane, you can fully remove it then): Flame Dash(1L)+Arcane Surge(2L/LVL1)+Faster Casting(3L)

Blight totems: Blight(1L)*+Spell Totems(2L)+Multiple Totems(3L)+Faster Casting(4L)
*use wither if you don't have the Spreading Rot jewel

Aura: Clarity(1L) before you get Essence Worm ring and socket in Malevolence Aura. You can use Malevolence without the ring before you get MoM.

Buff: You can use Blood Rage(1L) from A2 if you feel comfortable with the degen

Jewel: Spreading Rot
CWDT: Immortal Call(1L)+Cast when Damage Taken(2L)+Increased Duration(3L)

Alternative labyrinths
Spoiler
You can get Patient Reaper first if you are having hard time with the survivability while leveling or Swift Killer if you are lacking damage. Weave the Arcane gives the most attack and cast speed, so it's preferable to take it first to level faster. Prolonged Pain is taken last from the Eternal Labyrinth.

4. Videos

5. FAQ
Spoiler
This build is missing some str/dex/int/res in the path of building links provided. What should I do?
Spoiler
Get the stats required wherever you can, we're using mostly rare items so it should be really easy. The given items are placeholders with the main stats for each build.

I have Ahn's Heritage and two Fragility jewels but Onslaught doesn't work. What's the problem?
Spoiler
There is no visual indication about the Onslaught buff. If you have the shield equipped and two jewels socketed in, you're fine. Can easily check it if you unequip one of the jewels and see that your movement speed has gone down with 20%.

Is this build Uber Elder and Shaper viable?

Why should I play the MoM version if MoM+EB is stronger?
Spoiler
It's intended for leveling before you get the required gear to make the switch. Easier to follow for new players, as they have to look for one to two stats on their gear. The mechanics are pretty straightforward. Also some people don't want to respec and prefer sticking with one way of building.

But I don't have the listed unique items in the guide! How can I play this in SSF?
Spoiler
You don't need any of the unique items for the build to function, they are just nice additions.

How can I see if any changes ware made since the last time I read the guide?
Spoiler
Check the changelog section, any changes are mentioned there, sorted by date in descending order.

Is there any way to know if X amount of mana or Y amout of ES is enough?
Spoiler
In path of building, go to the tab called Calcs and hover with your mouse over Mind over Matter in the Damage Taken section. The total life that can be protected by your current mana/es pool in a one-shot situation is given after the equals sign. As a general rule of thumb, you want this value to be a little bit higher than your current hp pool. If it's lower than your current health pool, then you should increase either your mana or es, depending on which build you're playing. Effective life basically shows you what your effective health pool is, by adding your life+mana/es pool.

Where are we getting the int requirement for Spreading Rot? There's no such place available!
Spoiler
Read the jewel description again. The int doesn't have to be allocated. It has to be placed in a socket that has a total of 40 int around him.

Not a single one of those int nodes has to be allocated.

6. Changelog
Spoiler
18/03
-Slightly improved the CI version, changed empower for arcane surge in the main link, added cwdt+ic+bv+blind setup
-Added Perandus Signet as the 2nd ring, it's harder to cap resistances now, but the mana regen is ~220

18/03
-Added new video
-Added CI version of the build, many people wanted one

15/03
-Added new version of the build in the main guide

14/03
-Added new video with all 8 guardians+shaper+uber elder kill

13/03
-Tiny pathing improvement near the EB zone, opens up one more 2-point jewel socket
-Pob links updated to reflect this change, damage there went down beacause it doesn't factor in the wither stacks applied through blight, this change is an overall damage increase
-Added Unleash in the main links for improved clearspeed
-Removed Breath of The Council as a budget weapon, it turned out to be quite expensive(80c in hardcore and 40c in softcore). You can get a way better rare weapon for that amount of currency.
-Added a common question in the FAQ section regarding the int requirement of Spreading Rot

12/03
-Changed Wither to Blight in the spell totems setup
-Added Spreading Rot jewel in all builds, it's used to apply Wither stacks through the Blight totems setup
-Fixed some typos and structured some of the information
-Added a common question in the FAQ section regarding how much mana or es you should have

11/03
-Deleted the CI version of the build, too many things to keep track on. Also I personally don't recommend it, MoM+EB seems stronger to me. Go occultist if you want CI

10/03
-All passive skill trees are updated
-Fixed life+mom and life+mom+eb trickster pob links
-Arcane Surge added as a main support skill on the place of Controlled Destruction for the MoM version
-Clarity aura added in the MoM version, one jewel socket was sacrificed in order to get some mana nodes
-Summaries updated
-Added rare weapon crafting section in each items section
-Occultist pob links updated
-Added rare crafted weapons in the pob links
-Added Controlled Destruction as an option in the 4L Bane until you get Whispers of Doom for +1 curse
-Added frequently asked questions section
-Updated both pob links once again because I put wrong mod on the rare crafted weapons earlier
-Edited the rare weapon crafting section with the new changes

9/03
-Added two new videos

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to ask or share them in the comments! =)

When you are posting a huge list of items or quoting a really long text, please use the [spoiler]*INSERT TEXT HERE*[/spoiler] tags. The comment section gets too cluttered.

Damn looks like yet another great skill ruined by GGG, first Arc and now Bane/Soulrend.
Since most of the skills and ascendancy got nerf, is it still good to use for the end game ? Before nerf I'm still doing good on red map as well as killing guardians . Hopefully it's not too bad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info