Would you want PoE 2?

There's no need for a PoE 2... PoE is being polished and updated all the time. Like... i don't even understand ppl who talk about a "poe2", especially after only 5 years of the game being out.

(optimization could be better cos of the meh engine though, hence i suggest they really focus on the current engine as much as possible to make it perform well)
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Nov 10, 2018, 9:34:54 PM
"
Paldamus wrote:
There's no need for a PoE 2... PoE is being polished and updated all the time. Like... i don't even understand ppl who talk about a "poe2", especially after only 5 years of the game being out.

^ This. Not to mention a poe2 would be a spit in the face of everyone who ever paid real money for cosmetics on this game.
What exactly would it entail? You already get new league content every 3 months & new expansions whenever they are ready... there is nothing more a game can offer you.

There is no need or desire for PoE 2, the same way there is no need for WoW 2. Expansions fulfill that role, this isn't a single player console game you finish in 6hours.
POE 2,no.

Far too much has been invested into POE.

Not every game must have a sequel.

"
Chalace2 wrote:
There is no need
There might be in a few years from now when new aRPGs with superb engines take over.

Then suddenly you will be playing a dying game.

That is why I think the time has come for the production of a new engine on which to boot PoE 2. Especially when the big guys can hire "a few" Chinese programmers to do the job.

About the cosmetic stuff I suppose they will do some points back percent and let you spend these on the new game. Ez. Everyone wins. GGG continues to dominate.
Last edited by Skelos_bg on Nov 11, 2018, 6:36:12 AM
"
Skelos_bg wrote:
Especially when the big guys can hire "a few" Chinese programmers to do the job.

This is not OK...
Last edited by Chalace2 on Nov 11, 2018, 7:42:16 AM
"
paranoic00 wrote:
Yes. I wish blizz had a baby with ggg and we'd get D3 graphics with PoE mechanics.

D3 is ugly compared to poe current graphics, d3 used to look better then poe but that changed after all the graphical updates.
"
"
paranoic00 wrote:
Yes. I wish blizz had a baby with ggg and we'd get D3 graphics with PoE mechanics.

D3 is ugly compared to poe current graphics, d3 used to look better then poe but that changed after all the graphical updates.

I agree, D3 has worse graphics in my opinion. And that is besides the artstyle that I think is way too cartoony for a sequel to a game like D2.

PoE is actually one of the prettiest games in existance, I play it in 4k with all settings on high except shadows. The amount of detail on the items, skills, monsters and the game itself is just unreal. It always annoys me when people say PoE looks bad. :(
why not. ggg claimed and everybody believed it that reporgramming a engine is a costly and time consuming thing. until ... blam! here is our brand new engine for playfuckingstationtwo!!1 out of nowhere.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Maybe today they surprise us with some physics improvements, who knows?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info