Would you want PoE 2?

"
Phrazz wrote:
But you have to see that RPG's in general, have nothing to do in that scene. ALL genres can't aim towards eSports.

I play PoE just and only as it is PvE ONLY and has no idiot PvP bullshit! At last no part I can't 100% ignore :).

If GGG start trying to implement PvP as more important part I and all my friends will ... LEAVE!

If you want PvP play WoT, WoW, LoL, Bf, CS or any of the 10000000 copycats.

NOT EVERY GAME NEEDS FU... PvP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And new engine is not the same as PoE 2 !

New engine == replace render.c with render_2.c ... done.
PoE 2 == SAME ENGINE with new story, new Acts, new classes, new content.
Last edited by Schakar on Nov 26, 2018, 12:48:38 PM
"
Schakar wrote:
If GGG start trying to implement PvP as more important part I and all my friends will ... LEAVE!

You and me both.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
You tell me
Lol dude, I suggest you start from the basics and read wikipedia article about game engines. Then play some newer aRPGs, which have a 3d engine, try to find the differences, re-read the points I wrote and then come back to this thread and ask again when you are more knowledgeable. In the meantime, if you think I am no authority and have no idea of what I speak, make a poll and ask the aRPG community whether PoE engine is crap or not.
"
Skelos_bg wrote:
Lol dude, I suggest you start from the basics and read wikipedia article about game engines. Then play some newer aRPGs, which have a 3d engine, try to find the differences, re-read the points I wrote and then come back to this thread and ask again when you are more knowledgeable. In the meantime, if you think I am no authority and have no idea of what I speak, make a poll and ask the aRPG community whether PoE engine is crap or not.

Still no answers other than trying to discredit me. Why don't you try to make it seem like you have a clue?

I'll try again: What in PoE's engine limits monsters AI?

I'm not claiming the engine is state of the art. I'm just claiming that the majority of people screaming "NEW ENGINE" have no clue as to what the limits of the current engine are. And you clearly have no intention of showing me any insight into your reasons for screaming it, other than superficial crap my mom could say.

And she has no clue about this either.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Skelos_bg wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
You tell me

You are claiming that the POE engine is crap so the burden of proof and explination with facts falls on you.

It's bullshit you try to make your point by asking people to go play newer 3D engine ARPG's.

Not to mention I already stated I have played those games and told you I am not impressed. None of them will ever be a valid E-sport in any case. Can't belive I am even bringing up the E-sport shit again as it's simply beyond stupid to even consider it in an ARPG.

Also claiming that all E-sports have RPG's elements to it is just like... bruh really? I can't wait to go respec my talents, go farm "Osama Ben Laden's Mansion Raid Dungeon" for my glock and a flash bang and do a round of CS.GO. One Raid before every round to be able to E-sport. DURR HUURR.

All mockery aside:

Come back with knowledge and valid points showing clearly why the engine is crap> none of that 3D is better shit. It's moot. It's also a style decision and has nothing to do with performance, interaction and AI. The game is built for 2D. Deal with it or go play Wolcen with the hopes it will ever come out in 5 years when POE has 5x more content.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
Last edited by Bone2flesh on Nov 27, 2018, 5:33:12 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
superficial crap my mom could say.
It won't look to you superficial if you are more educated on the topic. I already pointed you out to resources you can start with. And don't get me wrong, but going in-depth about all the points (there are a lot more than those I stated) could easily turn into a book, not a forum post. So, please make the effort to increase your knowledge on the topic and write again then.

Also, ask your mom for help if needed.

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
all E-sports have RPG's elements
RNG bro, not RPG, put some glasses on.
"
Skelos_bg wrote:
It won't look to you superficial if you are more educated on the topic. I already pointed you out to resources you can start with. And don't get me wrong, but going in-depth about all the points (there are a lot more than those I stated) could easily turn into a book, not a forum post. So, please make the effort to increase your knowledge on the topic and write again then.
[/quote]

I could say the same thing about you. Crying "bad engine, physics and AI" without going into details as to what exactly is bad, make it a stupid claim - and very superficial. You have to see this? You provide no proof, no reasons other than "AI, physics and placement", without touching the reasons. And your solution? Ask a bunch of gamers, also without a clue on how an engine works to take a poll? Come on.

And I can say for a fact that you have no idea how and if the current engine limits the monster AI to a noticeable degree. By all means, it may limit the AI severely, it's possible - but you don't know that, because you haven't looked at the code. You haven't seen the frames/limits. You just cry out "engine" because PoE is not as "smooth" as D3 or other AAA titles.

"
Skelos_bg wrote:

I'm still waiting for that loot-based eSport title of yours.
Last edited by Phrazz on Nov 27, 2018, 7:46:47 AM
"
Skelos_bg wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

Also, ask your mom for help if needed.

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
all E-sports have RPG's elements

You can't go in depth on any points because you have noe except 3D is better engine blah blah.

Okaay i'll bite with the RNG:

Name one RNG element in Starcraft 2 and CS.GO. This should be very good.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
Last edited by Bone2flesh on Nov 27, 2018, 8:18:13 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
I could say the same thing about you.
One can say whatever he wants, the truth however is a different matter.

Truth is PoE engine is crap.

To verify this fact you can make a poll and ask the gamers that played PoE (and other modern games) whether it is crap or not.

Once the majority of the votes show you the truth, you can then start denying the majority actually verifies the truth. My reply then is to find 10-20 people who have idea about game engines to tell you the truth.

Once you know the truth, you have to educate yourself in order to understand it. Then you will understand my writings and we will be done with this nonsense.

All of this still won't mean you would want PoE with better engine, which is actually the question of the topic, but you will at least have a clue what constitutes a better engine.
"
Skelos_bg wrote:
Truth is PoE engine is crap.

To verify this fact you can make a poll and ask the gamers that played PoE (and other modern games) whether it is crap or not.

Once the majority of the votes show you the truth, you can then start denying the majority actually verifies the truth. My reply then is to find 10-20 people who have idea about game engines to tell you the truth.

Once you know the truth, you have to educate yourself in order to understand it. Then you will understand my writings and we will be done with this nonsense.

I give up.

Asking a bunch of gamers wouldn't give you any "proof". They know as little as you about engines and coding. Sure, you have one or two programmers and developers among the gamers, but not a solid foundation to base a valuable poll on. Ask gamers what they "think" about the engine? Again, you're proving that you have no clue.

You THINK the engine is crap. You're allowed to think that. But in every single post you post in here, you prove more and more that you don't know what you speak of. The top of the mountain? A poll. A fucking poll. Seriously? Sexcalibur, is that you? A poll? "To verify the fact"? Are you hearing yourself?

I could say that "you are crap", because it seems like that from the way you are acting. But I have no clue who you are, and how you are IRL. So I'm not saying that, because I don't base things off of superficial shit.

Where's that loot-based eSport title of yours?
Last edited by Phrazz on Nov 27, 2018, 8:50:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info