Would you want PoE 2?

"
Skelos_bg wrote:
Future success goes through e-Sports - the gaming world is a lot more competitive now and future aRPGs have to adapt to survive in it. No one will play PoE after 5 years, with that crap of an engine, just as no one plays GTA 1 now. If you can't see this, you are more blind than the other fanboys.

PoE has to evolve and be transformed to a modern engine or it will slowly, but surely die.

You talk about the engine as it doesn't evolve. Newsflash; it does. Look at the game five years ago, and look at it now. Please, I'm serious - go do some research. And you know what? This forum is filled with people that have played PoE for 5 years. And you know what? This forum will be filled with people 5 years from now, if GGG keeps updating their game.

And you talk about eSports as every freakin' game "has to be an eSport title to survive". You are way off. And in danger of repeating myself: You CAN NOT have eSports in an RNG environment. So I guess every loot based aRPG game will cease to exist soon, because they cannot meet the eSports requirements.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Nov 25, 2018, 9:06:03 AM
PoE 2 with emphasis on engine upgrade/better graphics doesn't seem like the best use of resources to me. They've made a name for themselves and they can run with it on their next IP. Maybe even change up the genre but keep that next level build freedom at the core. Whatever they do, if they do anything I know I'll be all over it.
aka Sogonzo
"
Skelos_bg wrote:
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
besides bashing their engine
ROFL, no point to continue this since you obviously see it as a "bash" rather critique with given reasons in previous posts.

E-Sports are timeless. It's the best investment a company can make if it knows how to deliver a proper e-Sport. And aRPGs have many options to do that, but I don't plan to go into details since its pointless with PoE fan boys.

It is a bash and not critique simply because all uyou keep repeating is: POE engine is trash.

Critique involves feedback with well made arguments. NOT 3D is better durr hurr. That's just more bashing.

E-sports are not timeless. They continously replace eanchother and die off as well: Starctaft 1, Warcraft 3. Also there are only a hand full that are iconic and last. Even Dota 2 is kinda stuggling with LOL. The market fight is way more ruthless with E-sports.

The success of and e-sport is based on one main element: easy to watch and understand as someone who has never played it. POE is way to complex.

"ARPG's have many options to do that" = Bullshit.

You don't go into it because you have no case and people telling you off in mass have you beat. You can't win an argumnet when you have no base to build on. And you base was something you have no clue about: POE engine.

Most of the people telling you off including myself have been here playing since over 5 years ago and will still be here playing 5 years from now destite your predictions of doom. We saw and continue to see the engine evolve every major release. You are here for one year and sudently an expert in engine. Please spare us your nonsense.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
"
Nubatron wrote:
Not really. The engine they've designed continues to improve since it is their own and it really doesn't cause any issues for me whatsoever.

The engine is total crap. Either way, I am not expecting PoE anytime soon.
"
Baronicki wrote:

The engine is total crap.

Elaborate, please. What is "crap" about it, and how do you know it's the engine's fault?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Baronicki wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:
Not really. The engine they've designed continues to improve since it is their own and it really doesn't cause any issues for me whatsoever.

The engine is total crap. Either way, I am not expecting PoE anytime soon.

Please elaborate on why it's "total crap" and while you are at it list some achievements in the field of game engine design and performance (because you clearly have a lot of those).

It's most likely your potato PC and your innability to make the diference between server lag and engine lag.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
E-sports are not timeless. They continously replace eanchother and die off as well: Starctaft 1, Warcraft 3.
You, sir, are completely clueless about e-Sports. About engines too since you defend PoE one's.

To the other clown with the RNG environment: 1st, you have it in every e-Sports game, more or less. 2nd, the competition in an aRPG could be constructed in a very little variance mode - there are many options for that and I am not going into details since its pointless with you two.

And if you still don't realize that PoE engine is a complete crap, I already told you - feel free to make a poll and see the results for yourself.
"
Skelos_bg wrote:
To the other clown with the RNG environment: 1st, you have it in every e-Sports game, more or less. 2nd, the competition in an aRPG could be constructed in a very little variance mode - there are many options for that and I am not going into details since its pointless with you two.

And if you still don't realize that PoE engine is a complete crap, I already told you - feel free to make a poll and see the results for yourself.

You "told" me? Come one, dude. I've asked you several times in here to elaborate and tell us all why the engine is bad, what makes it bad and how you know it's the engine itself that's bad, and not just how they utilize it. You still haven't said one single word, other than "bad" or "crap". I'm still waiting.

Please, also feel free to show me one successful eSport game that is based on RNG loot. And if you say "PUBG" now, I'll laugh.

I agree with you, though. Esports will be the largest gaming scene in the years to come. But you have to see that RPG's in general, have nothing to do in that scene. ALL genres can't aim towards eSports.
"
Phrazz wrote:
You still haven't said one single word, other than "bad" or "crap". I'm still waiting.
Waiting for what? Page 11 to be faxed to you? You might miss it again then...
"
Skelos_bg wrote:
Waiting for what? Page 11 to be faxed to you? You might miss it again then...

Oh, I'm sorry, you're still referring to that superficial list that proves more that you have no idea what you're talking about, than it does proving that the engine is crap.

Let's do an example: You tell me how the engine limits a more advanced AI, and if I get a sufficient answer, we can agree that you have a clue here. While you're at it, you can tell us how the engine limits how the player interacts with the world and AI.

Just because you say "the engine is crap, because of x, y and z" doesn't make it a fact. Don't misunderstand me here, I'm actually curious. How/why?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info