Would you want PoE 2?

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Skelos_bg wrote:
but please stop being such a blind PoE fan boy, and start to agree with people like me

I laughed hard at this one. Thanks.

It was so stupid I could not even find a decent comeback. You don't agree with me so please do! Excuse me WTF?

"If you don't agree with people like ME, you're a blind fan boy". You know, because of logic.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
Never ever has any dev from GGG mentioned those games in a comparison to POE because it's just a stupid comparison. You are comparing it to MOBA's and RTS.

What if the skill cap made possible by the current engine is actually okay for most players and (as already mentioned) just fine for GGG the way it is?
If it is fine for them they are missing the big picture, just as you are. No offence here, from the way you write I understand you are an intelligent non-troll person, so don't get angry when I say "you miss the big picture", this is quite okay, it happens.

The reason I compare PoE with different genres here is because aRPGs have great potential to become something more than a micro-transactions milking cow - by something more I mean to acquire the "e-Sports" status like some MOBA/RTS/FPS do.

This is the big picture. An e-Sport is something of value, something that will be played after 30 years from now, even without new content released for it. If the PoE developers don't see this, they are clueless.

The way to the e-Sport scene goes through a new engine raising the skill cap, improved AI and a successful prevention of the advantage account sharing offers.

"
Phrazz wrote:
"If you don't agree with people like ME, you're a blind fan boy". You know, because of logic.
Logic is simple here - PoE engine is crap. If you want more opinions on this feel free to make a poll.
Last edited by Skelos_bg on Nov 23, 2018, 6:57:38 AM
"
Skelos_bg wrote:
If it is fine for them they are missing the big picture, just as you are. No offence here, from the way you write I understand you are an intelligent non-troll person, so don't get angry when I say "you miss the big picture", this is quite okay, it happens.

The reason I compare PoE with different genres here is because aRPGs have great potential to become something more than a micro-transactions milking cow - by something more I mean to acquire the "e-Sports" status like some MOBA/RTS/FPS do.

This is the big picture. An e-Sport is something of value, something that will be played after 30 years from now, even without new content released for it. If the PoE developers don't see this, they are clueless.

The way to the e-Sport scene goes through a new engine raising the skill cap, improved AI and a successful prevention of the advantage account sharing offers.

"
Phrazz wrote:
Logic is simple here - PoE engine is crap. If you want more opinions on this feel free to make a poll.

I am not missing any big picture because there isn't one. GGG's business modesl in terms of POE is solit and proven it works.

Thanking any kind of risk at this point to try an make an E-sport out of an arpg IS JUST BAD BUSSINESS.

There are also a multitude of major issues that would never make it possible to be an e-sport:

1. RNG - yes heartstone is an e-sport (LMAO...could not type that with a straight face) BUT you start it on an equal controlable premise with the fact you have a deck of 30 cards each and everyone has access to all cards. In POE lets say you make it races as the e-sport event one lucky drop on Hillock took the competition away: boring to watch fun to play.

2. POE is a long term playable game. E-sport are revolving around fast paced quick matches.

3. ARPG's are simply not that popular with the general audience of E-sports: they are slower paced and involve grinding to continously better your character. Yes some people like both but the proof is clearly there: twitch shows how popular RPG's ARPG's MMORPG's are in comparison to Failnite and League of Cancer.

I do not particulary find any e-sports very exciting. While I played some of the games I ironically find them very repetitive and unexciting to play. I enjoy watching them sometimes.

I think you miss the big picture actually: POE and the games you mentioned target totally different audiences. It just happens you are part of both as I am> I just lean more into ARPG.

There are multiple ARPG's and RPG's I play to this day despite them being over 10 years old: Diablo, Diablo2, Titan Quest, Kingdom's of Amalur, NOX, Divine Divinity, etc. And this is the case considering most have had no support for ages.

POE is a constantly updated with content game that has continously brought success to it's creators. It will have a way longer lifetime than you give it credit to.

I don't know if I would have the nerve to call out POE devs and say they are clueless when they have become multimilionaires because of their creation. I mean besides bashing their engine (with no actual solid grounds) what are your achievements?

If you think that creating a succesfull e-sport is: new engine, improved AI and stopping account sharing you are blind. The genre does not match. Point and match.

In any case the matter is simple:

1. The e-sport market is saturated and some games have monopoly.
2. POE kind off has monopoly as the best existing ARPG with not really any good competition in sight.

Why would you risk everything when you are at the top?
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
"
Skelos_bg wrote:
PoE engine is crap.

What is crap about PoE's engine, why is it crap and how do you know it's the engine itself that limits those elements?

And don't just shout "3D engine, blablabla". I want specific examples where this engine is crap, and why it would be better to rewrite the whole game into a new one, rather than to tailor the engine to the game.

Shoot.

Edit: And why the freakin' hell are you talking about an ARPG and E-Sports titles like MOBAS in the same sentence? The big picture? You seriously do not see the big picture here. You can't have e-sports in an RNG environment. It isn't a goal, it will never be a goal - and GGG have never worked towards it.

You seriously have to elaborate here, if I am to take you seriously.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Nov 23, 2018, 10:56:43 AM
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
besides bashing their engine
ROFL, no point to continue this since you obviously see it as a "bash" rather critique with given reasons in previous posts.

E-Sports are timeless. It's the best investment a company can make if it knows how to deliver a proper e-Sport. And aRPGs have many options to do that, but I don't plan to go into details since its pointless with PoE fan boys.
"
Skelos_bg wrote:

Wat?

It is "idea people" like you that have wedged "battle royale" mode into every game that could barely justify it in the last year.

You sound more like a massive band-wagoneer rather than a cutting-edge thinker.

E-sports. Come on with that. 30 years. Right. Big picture - please, this is a forum not you failing in a board room.

In my opinion, all YOU are doing is trying to fit disparate parts of tangentially successful modes of completely different genres into PoE because of one or two RARE successes (eg StarCraft). Instead of, you know, developing the great facets of the EXISTING genre into something that could have future success.

In other words, you, sir, are a hack.

"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
Instead of, you know, developing the great facets of the EXISTING genre into something that could have future success.
Future success goes through e-Sports - the gaming world is a lot more competitive now and future aRPGs have to adapt to survive in it. No one will play PoE after 5 years, with that crap of an engine, just as no one plays GTA 1 now. If you can't see this, you are more blind than the other fanboys.

PoE has to evolve and be transformed to a modern engine or it will slowly, but surely die.
Yes. With Cry engine, plz.
There is no need to make POE 2. They can just keep improving the current game and updating the engine as they have for the last few years. You can compare what PoE looked like and how much better it is now then it was 5 years ago. They have said they are redoing the character models and the animations for 4.0 and have been working on that for a few years now.

And not every video game can be an Esport. People play POE and Diablo to find loot and improve their characters, and mostly solo, not to compete directly with other people.

You mention GTA 1 as example of games people dont play, which is a weird comparison because that game is from a different time in gaming and was not designed to be played forever. Lets look at something that was released around the same time as PoE, GTA V.

GTA V is the best selling entertainment property ever, not just video game, and it has no Esports component. Is a 5 year old game that is consistently in the top 10 best selling games of year.
Last edited by Artophwar on Nov 24, 2018, 4:44:13 PM
i'd much rather have PoE 1 than 2, 3, or the upcoming 4.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info