Would you want PoE 2?

"
paranoic00 wrote:
Yes. I wish blizz had a baby with ggg and we'd get D3 graphics with PoE mechanics.

I prefer PoE graphics. The atmosphere is much more adapted to an ARPG.

I am fine with cartoon violence, but it doesn't fit mass slaughter that well on the long run.

Here I would have like to make an art parallel with 'Saturn devoring his son' and 'Happy tree friends', but I am not sure I am allowed.
In PoE, you see stuff far worse than what is depicted in the Goya painting. And the painting is blurry, with very few colors. Yet it still hits visually harder than everything PoE can throw at you.

Artstyle, atmosphere and design is way more important than resolution.
"
polimeris wrote:
[..]

Sometimes i remember my feelings the first time i entered Lunaris level 2 ..

It looks probably a bit different in reality than in memory, but Diablo 1 actually had the best graphics and atmosphere of all 3 Diablo games.
"
Antaiseito wrote:
"
polimeris wrote:
[..]

Sometimes i remember my feelings the first time i entered Lunaris level 2 ..

It looks probably a bit different in reality than in memory, but Diablo 1 actually had the best graphics and atmosphere of all 3 Diablo games.

I (personally) wouldn't say the best, but definitely the most oppressive. Except hell. I find hell rather bland actually.
edit: and by bland, I mean the environment only. The monsters were cool.
Last edited by polimeris on Nov 8, 2018, 11:38:57 AM
Personally i don't care but i also believe that there is something that would prevent creation of POE 2 anyway. By that i mean that Tencent for sure secured somehow their future profit so Chris can't just create POE 2.0 making POE 1.0 slowly die.

If you'd asked me say 3 years ago I'd've said yes. But they've improved the engine so much that I don't see the need tbh.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
The graphics are better in Diablo 3, but the art style in PoE is far superior.

Anyhow, regarding the so-called "ancient engine": The thing about a company using their own engine, is that the engine itself is getting updated alongside the game. I doubt the engine they're using today, bares much resemblance to what they were using 8 years ago.

Anyhow, I don't think Path of Exile has outstayed its welcome, and I think we have more candy to come. And when they're done, I hope for a different IP inside the aRPG(Hack'n Slash) genre. I LOVE cyberpunk, and I would love them to develop an aRPG game with a cyberpunk theme.

But not in the near future.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Depends, I think if they could manage to bring better animations and keep doing their good job improving the graphics it would be better for the game to stand with the current one.

But, if they can't change the animations because of something with the engine, so maybe it would be the case of a "PoE 2" or remake or overhaul.

GGG have always done an awesome job adding content in the game and improving graphics and performance in general, they have been competing really well against other good guys like DE (Warframe) for the spot of best supporting developers.

Because of that, I know that they know that the game lacks in the animations departments (we can see it better when we look at our chars actions) and will do something about it soon (not TM).

PS.: When I say better animations I'm thinking about reaaaally better animations, GGG has more money now, from us and investors, and I expect at least "AA" animations at this point. The biggest competitors of PoE will come in the next years, and while this game will have the best mechanics and depth (in my opinion) GGG need to bring these changes to the table to remain the king.

Last edited by Bolander on Nov 8, 2018, 12:34:40 PM
No.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Yes whole new world I'm tired of wearclast. Whole new monsters. Whole new skills. New unqiues. etc Some good one could be brought back but I'd like a new learning curve to play.
Git R Dun!
Yes, to get rid of the current engine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info