Would you want PoE 2?

The one thing I always found baffling about PoE is that it is a game built around MTX sales, but that is like the crappiest part of the entire game / engine setup.

The character's are basic, static to class choice, and have bad animation. They seem to avoid hats showing faces, the posturing / shoulders is weird, that sort of thing.

I'd love to see that portion improve, but it opens a whole can of worms of changing what stuff people already bought currently looks like, so I don't expect any change there unless there is a PoE2 / reboot.
"
KalAthar wrote:
The one thing I always found baffling about PoE is that it is a game built around MTX sales

In contrast to what other F2P games?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
paranoic00 wrote:
Yes. I wish blizz had a baby with ggg and we'd get D3 graphics with PoE mechanics.

D3 graphics......hahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!
like playin' with a looney toon, traveling in a shiny coloured world full of pokemons ?????

even D2 design and ambiance were 10000 times better !!!!!!!

learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
Last edited by xxxcobaltxxx on Nov 8, 2018, 3:53:12 PM
Sure it would be great to have PoE II running on a highly polished commercial game engine and run butter smooth party play like I do now in D3. The OP asked that question and not whether it is in GGG's best interest to do it. That is a definite no. Taking 3.5 to 4 years just to port current PoE to a quality 3D game engine would be both a financial and time waste. We already know it won't happen so posting more threads on this subject is also a waste of time.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Nah, just plugin a new engine and play. Easy
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
only if it will be mobil. because i have a phone
"
Arrowneous wrote:
We already know it won't happen
Have the GGG devs already said that?

Also, guys, please make a difference between graphics and engine - you could boot for example PoE on D3's engine without it looking cartoony and childish. The graphical models are only the visual parts that run on the engine. The engine itself is how close for example it relates to the real world - are there 3d objects, is the world governed by physics, how much freedom the collision detection gives the player to manipulate the objects in the environment etc...
"
Skelos_bg wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
We already know it won't happen
Have the GGG devs already said that?

A couple of years ago when Chris was still guesting on PoE podcasts (can't remember which one) he said that he estimated 3.5 years to move PoE to another game engine. The entire database of game objects would have to be converted to what the commercial game engine format is. Then every animation sequence would need to be tested with every other animation interaction to ensure compatibility. The zone and maps would also need to convert to the new engine. Essentially the whole game would have to be re-engineered around a different graphics engine. All this work to get smoother play in a 5+ (nearly 6 years for me from OB) year old game. So no way TencentGGG is going to want to do that.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
POE2 sure.

1) Updated graphics and physics engine, sure why not. But consideration should be taken on the minimum hardware requirement. Maybe not potato of bygone years but GTX1050 should be nice, running 60 fps @1080 on meta speed explosion effect filled mtx ridden screen.

2) Skill tree respec can be done on the fly, no regrets needed.

3) T1-T15 Normal maps should be available for purchase from Zana as soon as level requirement is met.

4) More thoughtful weighted RNG on items. Higher level items should roll higher tier mods better.

5) Crafting Orbs (currency) should all be equally abundant, more crafting than hoarding chaos and exalts to buy stuff.

6) Auction house.

7) Better story lines for the masters.

8) Savable hideout decoration templates.

9) Story Cut Scenes and improved storytelling. One I think POE lacks and the reason why people love the Diablo franchise. The story and how you tell it in a game is important to me. The reason why we connect and care for the characters and in turn love the franchise.

10) Auto Looting or a better way of looting items. Paired with an improved item filters which enables a more immersive gameplay without the distraction and screen covering lootsplosion.

All IMHO and assumes GGG has the cash, time and manpower to roll all this out.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
Last edited by element274 on Nov 8, 2018, 6:11:00 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
KalAthar wrote:
The one thing I always found baffling about PoE is that it is a game built around MTX sales

In contrast to what other F2P games?

Literally any other character MTX based game, I'm not sure what you are asking. You would have thought, that would have wanted to be a strong point to get folks to you know, buy them. I'm not talking about looking like a hobo then getting fancy duds (thats totally expected), I mean the base quality of the character models, posture, and animation, or even like choosing male / female versions or different hairstyles or the like for personalization of the players avatar.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info