3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

"
Jadefalkner wrote:

1. The point is the 4% more damage per powercharge, PoB says this makes 60k DPS difference against a critical strike support

Ah, you're right. I forgot you have extra 3 power charges over my set-up. If you ever change away from Void Battery, Crit Strike would be better.

Very nice, good luck!
"
Mr_Rocco wrote:
How viable is this build in SSF? Has anyone tried ?

Hi, I'm ding SSF this league for the first time and am using this build (well most of it). SSF brings the challenge of not being able to find items you might desire. I've been fairly lucky with items thus far but I'm now level 92 and have not found (or crafted) anything better than MoonSorrow, which I'm still using.

Besides that grumble and even with my sub optimal gear I still melt my way through content quite nicely.
Not sure what to upgrade next beside the 6 link chest, trying to link it myself. Also looking into replacing a jewel for a wrath light pen watcher's eye. Any idea what else I can upgrade?
"
trojanrabbik wrote:
Not sure what to upgrade next beside the 6 link chest, trying to link it myself. Also looking into replacing a jewel for a wrath light pen watcher's eye. Any idea what else I can upgrade?

1. 21/20 gems. Arc and Wrath at 21 makes a substantial difference with all of the multipliers.
2. Diamond Flask will significantly increase crit chance with Lucky. I'd ditch the 2nd HP flask for it. I'd take Onslaught over Quartz, but personal preference. Getting better rolls and 20% will make a difference. I opted for Charge Recovery with the immune because I have a habit of button smashing my buff flasks before their time is back up and the charge recovery refills them really quick.
3. Lightning damage on belt (can roll both elemental and lightning damage).
4. Your abyss jewels could use some work. The fire/cold elemental to spells is not terrible, but a medium rated lightning will be a lot more because of the lightning multipliers and lightning penetration. If you can't get double lightning to spells, other stuff like crit multi is not bad. Or regular jewels have a lot of mods too like minion damage (Spiritual Aid) and % damage, but fluctuate in price.
5. Eventual wand upgrades. Low flat damage to spells on left, nice spell dmg on right but worse flat damage. I like the double shaped elemental to chaos since it adds quite a bit of chaos damage, even if it isn't multiplied.

From there is just a lot of fine tuning expensive upgrades. Double void battery with extra power charge, 6L Soul Mantle + Atziri Reflection, or just high end rares.
Mmh im doubting to respec into those minions nodes, do you really think that will benefit me a lot? I kinda feel like I need more HP (4.4k) (2k mana)?

If you would like to give a review on my gear that would be great. I am saving up for the Void Battery wands.
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
trojanrabbik wrote:

1. 21/20 gems. Arc and Wrath at 21 makes a substantial difference with all of the multipliers.
2. Diamond Flask will significantly increase crit chance with Lucky. I'd ditch the 2nd HP flask for it. I'd take Onslaught over Quartz, but personal preference. Getting better rolls and 20% will make a difference. I opted for Charge Recovery with the immune because I have a habit of button smashing my buff flasks before their time is back up and the charge recovery refills them really quick.
3. Lightning damage on belt (can roll both elemental and lightning damage).
4. Your abyss jewels could use some work. The fire/cold elemental to spells is not terrible, but a medium rated lightning will be a lot more because of the lightning multipliers and lightning penetration. If you can't get double lightning to spells, other stuff like crit multi is not bad. Or regular jewels have a lot of mods too like minion damage (Spiritual Aid) and % damage, but fluctuate in price.
5. Eventual wand upgrades. Low flat damage to spells on left, nice spell dmg on right but worse flat damage. I like the double shaped elemental to chaos since it adds quite a bit of chaos damage, even if it isn't multiplied.

From there is just a lot of fine tuning expensive upgrades. Double void battery with extra power charge, 6L Soul Mantle + Atziri Reflection, or just high end rares.

from my understanding lvl 21 wrath does nothing since its in the ring slot (+2)

Level 22,23,24 gives 22% more lightning damage, level 25 gives 23%

Also my HP at level 93 is now 5200 with 2600 mana (was tired of dying to random explosions in delve)
I feel the general damage is very good for clearing maps T16 is easy in terms of normal mobs, i might be lacking DPS for bosses tho, only tried minotaur so far, i was on 4,2k hp then and got one shotted from everything...

altho it was 100% increased AOE on map so entire room was filled with rocks, might have been extra damage aswell...

Gonna try again soon with the extra 1k hp...

Shaper DPS 1 mil according to POB with 4 totems if i run controlled destruction however im currently im running Minion and Totem resistances since i feel totems dies too easy in Delve / mapping that can result in a death for me if unlucky, you lose about 15% damage, but you cant do damage if your dead... :)
Last edited by Vioche on Sep 18, 2018, 2:57:05 AM
"
Wonkie wrote:
Mmh im doubting to respec into those minions nodes, do you really think that will benefit me a lot? I kinda feel like I need more HP (4.4k) (2k mana)?

If you would like to give a review on my gear that would be great. I am saving up for the Void Battery wands.

I have given up the mana nodes and tested it already. They are not needed, hence I specced in the minion nodes. This also gives the advantage of being more flexible with stats on gear (because Minion Damage now also applies).

Still im wondering how many HP you guys have. I am trying to upgrade my gear, got 4.4k HP and 2.8k Mana.
"
Wonkie wrote:

I have given up the mana nodes and tested it already. They are not needed, hence I specced in the minion nodes. This also gives the advantage of being more flexible with stats on gear (because Minion Damage now also applies).

Still im wondering how many HP you guys have. I am trying to upgrade my gear, got 4.4k HP and 2.8k Mana.

In addition: what Pantheon's have you chosen? I seem to miss them in your build.
Has anyone experimented with fossils for this build? I am looking at poedb and I am wondering what people's thoughts are on these mods:

1. Metallic:
Wands: 7-10% lightning penetration
Gloves: 1- (48-60) added lightning damage
Ring: 0.2% of lightning damage leeched as life
Helmet: nearby enemies have -9% lightning resist
Amulet/Belt: +20-30% lightning damage

2. Aetheric:
Body: Gems supported by level 1 arcane surge

3. Bound:
Wands: At ilvl 75+, minions deal 51-70% increased damage
Gloves: minions deal 20-30% increased damage
Abyss Jewel: minions deal 14-16% increased damage

4. Lucent:
Wands: 0.4% mana regen per second if you hit an enemy recently
Body: 5-10% of take taken from mana before life
Jewels: 2-3% of damage taken gained as mana over 4 seconds

5. Prismatic:
Wands: 40-60% increased elemental damage
Amulets: 3-5% elemental damage penetration
Rings/Belts: 25-30% increased elemental damage

So for example, would a wand that had 51-70% minion damage, 40-60% increased elemental damage and 7-10% lightning penetration be useful without crit/multi mods?

Or perhaps a ring that leeched 0.2% of lightning damage as life and had 25-30% increased elemental damage.

Or a combo of different items: 2 wands with 7-10% lightning pen + 1 helmet with -9% lightning resist to enemies + an amulet with 3-5% elemental pen = 26-34% lightning pen + lvl20 lighting pen gem (37%) = 63-71% lightning penetration. Against an enemy with 75% resists, that'd be a 150-185% increase in damage.
Last edited by Cedwyn on Sep 18, 2018, 8:53:42 PM
Anyone recommend what my next upgrade should be? Sitting on about 4ex right now. Not sure what to prioritize. Or whether I should just keep mapping until I can afford high budget gear.
Last edited by BackwerdsMan on Sep 19, 2018, 7:45:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info