3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

"
ILYILY wrote:
Soul mantle or 6link rare life/res/spell armor?

Soul Mantle + curse management = most dmg, more risk.
Soul Mantle + Atziri shield = a bit less dmg from loss of wand, but 24 ex for shield to stack all curses

I would try 6L HP armor and then make the decision to spend more currency on other slots for damage or Mantle. I am clearing red maps fine with a 6L HP armor (not shaped).
you can check my character, im at like 20k tooltip and running thrue red maps like no tomorrow... Im built towards hc so i have more hp/less dmg. Shit just meltsd anyway. Thats with pretty mediocre gear. Im using shroud of the lightless for a cheap pseudo 6l with life..you get an extra socket for free whcih is pretty badass for the price.

My goal is loreweave,but wont be using until it goes 6link.
How much of a damage boost would double void battery's be? Ive got enough to buy a couple but dont really want to unless theres a huge payoff.
This is a great build. Cheers to those of you who have offered tips and advice. Leveling was a breeze and I'm up to tier 10 maps with no complaints. I'm sitting at 40k h/o DPS (with wrath 33.3k w/o). Not very tanky (3.7k hp), but tough enough for the play style.

I'm not really sure where to go next with upgrades. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Spoiler

"
asbo96 wrote:
How much of a damage boost would double void battery's be? Ive got enough to buy a couple but dont really want to unless theres a huge payoff.

I know someone was using them in this thread, but I don't see the value unless you re-did the build to take more power charges for the 50% spell dmg each (plus charge bonuses). Roughly 150% spell dmg, cast speed, and crit chance as is. You're missing quite a bit of damage from flat lightning to spells or other stuff like crit multi, cast speed, and ele to extra chaos.

I'm not quite that rich, so someone else will have to recommend better. I decided to poke the market just now and picked up the right wand and a new jewel for 50c and that boosted me from 69 to 80k h/o DPS (elemental focus).

"
CMPN wrote:
I'm not really sure where to go next with upgrades. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Suggestions:
1. High light to spells on left wand.
2. Arcane Surge is too high unless you are planning for 20%.
3. Craft on right wand? I'm bad at affixes and tired tonight.
4. Amulet upgrade for more HP/dmg.
5. Fingerless Silk Gloves can pick up the resist slack, plus HP.
6. Abyss belt for jewel HP/dmg.
7. Lacking bleed removal.
8. Regular Silver Flask seems better than Kiara's to me. More charges and duration for more consistent Onslaught.
9. Does the boot enchant work? I thought that was to attacks, not spells.
10. Left jewel upgrade. Lower Golem level will decrease Dex requirement. My level 6 golem is only 2% cast speed difference.c
11. Eventual 4th jewel slot below Pain Attunement (5th in belt). If you get a nice enough jewel to put in, could be worth dropping a Keystone elsewhere. Take a look at Abyss jewels as some of them offer nice light to spells, HP, ele pen, etc for cheaper than regular jewels. See the one I put in my belt tonight for an example, or other jewels. Probably won't upgrade my jewels further unless I get a nice deal.
12. Eventual 21/20 will offer a lot of damage. 19 to 20 Arc added several thousand by itself (waiting for back-up 20 Arc before trying for 21).

Yay sleepy walls of text.
"
blackdeath101 wrote:

Suggestions:
1. High light to spells on left wand.
2. Arcane Surge is too high unless you are planning for 20%.
3. Craft on right wand? I'm bad at affixes and tired tonight.
4. Amulet upgrade for more HP/dmg.
5. Fingerless Silk Gloves can pick up the resist slack, plus HP.
6. Abyss belt for jewel HP/dmg.
7. Lacking bleed removal.
8. Regular Silver Flask seems better than Kiara's to me. More charges and duration for more consistent Onslaught.
9. Does the boot enchant work? I thought that was to attacks, not spells.
10. Left jewel upgrade. Lower Golem level will decrease Dex requirement. My level 6 golem is only 2% cast speed difference.c
11. Eventual 4th jewel slot below Pain Attunement (5th in belt). If you get a nice enough jewel to put in, could be worth dropping a Keystone elsewhere. Take a look at Abyss jewels as some of them offer nice light to spells, HP, ele pen, etc for cheaper than regular jewels. See the one I put in my belt tonight for an example, or other jewels. Probably won't upgrade my jewels further unless I get a nice deal.
12. Eventual 21/20 will offer a lot of damage. 19 to 20 Arc added several thousand by itself (waiting for back-up 20 Arc before trying for 21).

Yay sleepy walls of text.

Much appreciated! This is super helpful.

(The boot enchant was just a rando after finishing merc lab late last night.)
Last edited by CMPN on Sep 15, 2018, 8:45:52 PM
Hi, this guide has been very usefull for me! Im playing with pretty budget setup but I have started to hope that I could beat uber elder this league!!

I Wonder if my gear is even close to go and try? Red elder and Shaper are quite Easy already :)

https://pastebin.com/7TA4R877

any upgrade ideas are welcome!
"
MestariAhti wrote:
any upgrade ideas are welcome!

Suggestions:
1. I see you are stacking quite a bit of crit multi, but you need more crit chance to make it better. PoB has changing your 21/20 crit dmg to crit strkes as a DPS increase and brings your effective crit from 69 to 90%. Probably other ways to get better crit chance, but that alone will fix it.
2. Helm is just providing dex for Golem (not needed), chaos resist, and move speed. Someone else was using a double socket Lightpoacher w/ 40% Arc, but probably rare on trade. Unless you just want the speed running, a non-enchanted double socket would come out to more damage/survival.
3. Fingerless Silk Gloves for a bit of damage.
4. Totem damage boots.
5. Get lightning resist as highest resist and Wise Oak should be better than Atziri's Promise.
6. Move 3 points from the left of Throatseeker to below and you pick up some free dex, mana, and ES.
7. I don't think you can use 3 CWDT at level 1. There is a 250ms cooldown for all of the same skill so 1 of your 3 will trigger, the other 2 will not. They need to be offset to trigger and will cause the same trigger issue if the numbers roll similarly again (IE: Take 1000 dmg and all 3 CWDT are under 1000.. only 1 proc again). You are probably better off with as most only 2 offset CWDT and then something else as a manual skill, like a trap with culling strike and IR.
8. The 10 points to the right of Coldhearted Calculation are better on the leftside of the tree. 1 less power charge and socket, but more ele resist, dmg, cast speed, crit chance, etc. Then to take the extra socket back, 1 unneeded point above MoM (new connecting path), and the 4% spell dmg power charge (20% spell dmg vs 3-4 dmg mod jewel). I would probably ditch Throatseeker instead to keep the spell dmg and grab 2 more 5% HP nodes.
9. If you opt for Lightpoacher or other resist/HP helm and the new paths, you may be able to get a more damage mod amulet. Or Impressence if you want more consistent cursing than CWDT.
"

All boot enchantment with "if you havent killed recently" or "if YOU havent crit recently" works. As it the totems that kills and crits.
I just got the 120% crit chanse on mine and its awsome. Im at like 92% crit rate with charges and diamond flask on =)
"
Vaindolf wrote:
"

All boot enchantment with "if you havent killed recently" or "if YOU havent crit recently" works. As it the totems that kills and crits.
I just got the 120% crit chanse on mine and its awsome. Im at like 92% crit rate with charges and diamond flask on =)

Now that you mention it, My h/o damage is up to from 40k to 46.7k.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info