3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

3.6 nerfs to Arc aren't to bad. But with Freezing Pulse getting a huge buff we might consider going for freezing pulse for the high clearspeed. The nerf on arc is mainly offscreen and a little less dmg. So against endgame bosses nothing much changed. But for the early mapping progress i think freezing pulse will be faster. Therefore i will do a Freezing Pulse POB too.

I added the leveling Tree into the POB. Just go to "tree" and at the bottom left you can change the tree to the required points.

SPIRITUAL AID MAKES % MINION DAMAGE ALSO INCREASES OUR DMG (AKA TOTEM) SO % MINION DMG ON ANY GEAR WILL INCREASE OUR DMG!

As mentioned in the title above i am going to showcase you my very cheap and SSF-viable Arc Totem build.

Let's start with the build. With some small changes on the passive tree (mostly the lightning nodes) you will be able to play any totembuild you want with this tree and gear.

Pro's
Spoiler
-Cheap
-SSF viable cause no required uniques
-Many ways to push this build into endgame
-Save (cause totems and mom)

Con's
Spoiler
-Totemplaystyle isn't for everyone
-Constantly replaycing totems against AOE bosses can be annoying

Path of Building

Bandits:
Spoiler
Help Alira

Ascendancy
Spoiler
-Normal Lab: Pursuit of Faith
-Cruel Lab: Ritual of Awakening
-Merc Lab: Conviction of Power
-Uber Lab: Divine Guidance

Gem-Links:
Spoiler
6l Chest:
Arc: -Spell Totem Support, Arc, Added Lightning, Controlled Destruction,(5l) inc Crit Strikes, (6l) Lightning Penetration
FP: -Spell Totem Support, FP, Controlled Destruction, Cold Penetration, (5l) inc Crit Strikes (6l) Faster Casting
Essence Worm:
-Wrath
4l Boots/Gloves/Helmet:
Arc: -Conductivity, Arcane Surge (lvl 12), Spell Cascade, Increased Duration
FP: -Projectile Weakness, Arcane Surge (lvl 12) Spell Cascade, Increased Duration
-CWDT (lvl 1), Immortal Call (lvl 3), Increased Duration, Vaal Haste (if you want max lvl you will need some dex on your gear or tree)
-Phaserun, Empower, Increased Duration Vaal Grace
3l Weapon/Shield:
-Flame Dash, Faster Casting, Portal
-Summon Lightning Golem (Ice for FP), Minion Life, Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance

Items
Spoiler
Weapons:

Look for a rare Kris or Wand with inc. Spell Damage, Lightning (Cold) Damage to Spells, inc. Crit Chance for Spells and/or Global Crit Multi (For Endgame Shaper Dagger with Ele as extra Chaos and/or Pen) You can also try to craft one with inc. Minion Damage with Bound Fossils.
You can either dual whield 2 of them or go for a Spirit Shield with inc. Spell Damage, inc. Cast Speed, inc. Crit Chance for Spells and/or some maximum Life + Mana. For 3.5 we are aiming for a +1 max Totem Shield obviously!

Helmet:

Look for a rare helmet with maximum Life, some resistance and maybe some Mana/Int. Bone helmet will increase your damage by around 5%.

Body Armour:

Look for a rare body armour with some life and resistances for the start and later change to a shaper chest with the shaped suffix "Spells have +#% to Critical Strike Chance" (the higher the better). The mod "#% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life" is also good for the build.

Gloves:

Maligaro's Virtuosity or any rare gloves with maximum life/mana and resistances

Boots:

Look for rare boots with maximum life/mana, resistances and min. 20% movementspeed

Amulet:

Marylene's Fallacy for free Culling Strike and some DPS push or any rare amulet with maximum life, crit multi, crit chance, resistances.

Rings:

Essence Worm is highly recommended for a "free" wrath aura which gives us almost 20% increased damage!!!
The other ring you should aim for a diamond or opal ring with maximum life/mana , resistances and some dex.

Belt:

Look for a rare belt with maximum life and some resistances. You can aim for a Stygian Vise for a free Abyss Jewel but it's not really needed.

Flasks:

Hallowed Hybrid Flask with Antibleed
The Wise Oak but make sure that lightning resistance is your highest resistance otherwise the flask will not work! Also try to balance your resistances to get the best out of the Flask.
A Silver and a Diamond Flask with Anti Curse and Anti Freeze and a Quicksilver Flask with inc. Effect

Jewels:

1x Clear Mind not needed but will give us mana reg and round about 8% dmg increase.
The other slots we want to fill with Abyss Jewels with the following mods:
-Maximum life
-Maximum Mana
-Crit Chance
-Crit Multi
-Flat Lightning Damage to Spells

Leveling
For leveling i would recommend using Freezing Puls from lvl 2-12, Arc selfcast from lvl 12 till you got the "Ancestral Bond" node on the passiv tree. Than you can fully switch to Arc Totems

Since this is my first ever made guide i would really appreciate any comments or constructive criticism. You can also always check my stream and talk with me about the build, ask questions or anything else ;)

Last edited by Bourgee on Mar 11, 2019, 9:38:03 AM
Last bumped on Jun 10, 2019, 9:35:12 AM
Hey I'm very interested in follow your build. Was wondering if you could make a quick addition to your POB to manage trees. E.G the first 20 points go this way, after that this way and so forth. Don't want to go for the wrong points early.

Appreciate the work, thanks!
"
exguerrero wrote:
Hey I'm very interested in follow your build. Was wondering if you could make a quick addition to your POB to manage trees. E.G the first 20 points go this way, after that this way and so forth. Don't want to go for the wrong points early.

+1 that would be great.
"
exguerrero wrote:

it's easy.
first you get nodes that benefits spell damage and survival.
then about lvl 30, when you are ready to switch from self cast to totems, you start investing in totem nodes.
as simple as that. at least, it's my way of bulidng chars like this.
Hallo,

i don´t see any 2+ million dps. POB shows 450k dps. How do you count the ammaunt of dps?
"
the_Arkain wrote:
Hallo,

i don´t see any 2+ million dps. POB shows 450k dps. How do you count the ammaunt of dps?

The dps you see from arc is per totem. You can have four totems with this build.
I messed around with utilizing Spiritual Aid and got up to 500k DPS per totem. Lost a little bit of EHP, but it might be worth playing around with some.

You can also wear a bone helmet base and push the damage up further.

https://pastebin.com/vTdb1D8L
Last edited by Rzarazor49 on Aug 30, 2018, 5:20:43 PM
How are you shocking Shaper?
You would have to take 10% of his HP per hit to apply a 50% shock.
"
Rzarazor49 wrote:
I messed around with utilizing Spiritual Aid and got up to 500k DPS per totem. Lost a little bit of EHP, but it might be worth playing around with some.

5 extra skill points for about a 10% damage increased per totem doesn't really seem worth while.
"
Troy1191 wrote:
"
Rzarazor49 wrote:

5 extra skill points for about a 10% damage increased per totem doesn't really seem worth while.

Well, with a bone helmet with a 40% roll it adds about another 30k dps on top

https://pastebin.com/BGHNhNQt
Last edited by Rzarazor49 on Aug 30, 2018, 10:05:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info