3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

"
Flynxx wrote:
Hi, possibly a noob question, but is there a reason to not run a Tukohama's Fortress?
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Tukohama%27s_Fortress

And if I did run with that shield, and got a corrupted one with RRR, is there a reason Vaal Haste is linked to CWDT/Immortal Call/Increased Duration, or could I just move Haste to a different grouping?

I'd think that a Tukohamas would give way less damage than a well rolled Spirit Shield with crit/spelldamage!

How are you guys going about uber elder? How much life do you all have?
Ya, unfortunately the only Spirit Shield for sale on Standard is 30ex, and that just isn't happening. I'll ponder it for a bit, but probably just have to go with the Tukohama's as a decent cheaper option.
You could try to find a decent shield with an open prefix with typically less than 1ex, then find someone crafting a +1 totem on it. It's a 2ex craft. So in total 3ex.
Done up to t15 and the first Elder fight, but I'd rather give up the work it takes to get to Shaper.

Just posting my items for other people's reference.
Tossed 3ex for the Loreweave for +9% dps and I have this wand somehow.
Instead of the +1 totem shield, I use Trolltimber as I really really really really wanted that life leech so I can pay less attention and perhaps die less losing that bloody 10% xp. I ditched Maligaro's gloves and Marylene's amulet for stuff to make up for the life and resists as they were contributing less dps than the other sources. 888 hp leeched per hit, sounds sweet.

Instead of the perhaps useful Decoy Totem, I went for more dps maybe though additional totems through slotting them into my helmet with Multiple Totem Support making max totems = 5.

Currently Path of Building says with Diamond Flask and Wise Oak:
3 totems doing 250k, 2 totems doing 79k.

Last edited by Buttmancer on Jan 28, 2019, 2:47:25 AM
My gear atm. Ez uber elder kills
So I stumbled upon a drop worth 10E yesterday and went from having about 100C to having 10.5E

What should I upgrade and look for? And how much should I expect to spend?

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.5.2/AAAABAUCAQOaBAcEUQSzBUIHHgj0DkgPxBBREFgRDxEtEZYWQBo4HNwdgx8CIG4nLyoLKhMrJiycLR8wWzD4MtE2xToWOlg62Dt8QZZFR0WdRtdJT0lRSp9Ms06uUDBTUlXGVylYbVnzWitd8l5dXypkM2ZUZp5ncWhaakNr23BScYVyD3YRfIN-r3_GgpuD24PzhIOFMoV9hoKJvIuMjRmPGo_6kFWUb5UglS6XLZrgoOaiAKKjo_KnlKyXrhKus67_sTa5k7yqvOrAZsHzwwnDE9Af0PXR_dWm2V_bXt2M4BLmfevk6-7r9e8h7-vw1fId-d0=?accountName=SyZ&characterName=SaintJeff
I feel silly for asking this, but should I have more than three totems? I don't have the shield enchantment yet, but I'm level 83 and it seems low.
i don't think the +1 totem craft is 100% important.
But aren't there people offerting to craft that for a fee? i am avoiding the syndicate because they killed me two times :D so i think i wont find the recipe by myself.....
"
Ruamzutzla wrote:
i don't think the +1 totem craft is 100% important.
But aren't there people offerting to craft that for a fee? i am avoiding the syndicate because they killed me two times :D so i think i wont find the recipe by myself.....

Going from 3 to 4 totems gives 33% more damage.

The easiest way to get the recipe is to buy a shield with +1 totems on it, scour off the craft then put Aisling in research. She will add a veiled mod to the item, and the selection of veiled mods doesn't change, so the option for +1 totems will be there again. This only works if the item was veiled to begin with, but because it is a 2 exalt craft you can be sure that the crappy shield you buy was originally veiled.
I followed this build and at level 73 I can't even really run yellow maps. The totems just die so fast.. the boss damage is lacking.. I used Tabula and a shaped wand, max res, 5.5-6k eHP.. How come?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info