3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

Hello .

Can you guide new people like me how to choose a skill gem from level 1? for example, in act 1 choose which gem or change which gem, and in act 2 etc ... because I think this is a starter build so there will be new players like me.
And can you post your equipment and those linked gems like everyone else? Or at least change the font color to match the gem: 6l Chest:
-Spell Totem Support (Red), Arc (Blue) ...

Thanks for reading !!!

Last edited by yeusinhli03 on Feb 8, 2019, 11:28:20 AM
What passives are you guys using for the last 5? I don't have Soul Siphon, the mana node before and after it, coordination, and a 5% life node

Those all just seem so ... weak. For 5 total points. I don't even know why cast speed is useful in this build? If anything, why not totem cast speed?

Surely there are 5 other nodes other than these to finish with .... ?
Do you think yoke of suffering is a okay amulet for this build or no?
"
rockstarr_ wrote:

The main bonus of enemies taking increased damage won't apply because you aren't inflicting the damage, the totems are. Besides that, lightning already can shock, and any fire and cold damage you have will be negligible.
Hello !
What about your pantheon ? I don't see it in your post
"
el_indio wrote:
"
rockstarr_ wrote:

The main bonus of enemies taking increased damage won't apply because you aren't inflicting the damage, the totems are. Besides that, lightning already can shock, and any fire and cold damage you have will be negligible.

okay so can u explain what is the type of modifier that can give more damage to the totems?
is it only +minion damage?
"
rockstarr_ wrote:

okay so can u explain what is the type of modifier that can give more damage to the totems?
is it only +minion damage?

I'm no expert but spell damage, crit chance, crit multi, cast speed all increase damage from totems.

The way words are used in POE can be confusing, i bought this amulet to use but the level 20 lightning bolt will never trigger because my character doesn't deal crits, the totem does. The other 3 mods all affect the totems

On the other hand the enchant on these boots will always be active, because my character never crits, it is a permanent increase to crit chance.

anything i can do better ?

Hi all, this is my current gear but I need help with how to survive, can't get past T7 maps atm. Can someone explain how these gems work together:

Conductivity, Arcane Surge, Spell Cascade, Increased Duration

Is it something I should be casting?

Need help with my flasks too as I have nothing defensive, any suggestions?

I have about 3-4 ex to spend on gear, i need more mana to help me survive with MOM, is it worth going for so ES as well?

Any suggestions/changes welcome :)
"
idkfa13 wrote:

Conductivity, Arcane Surge, Spell Cascade, Increased Duration

Is it something I should be casting?

Need help with my flasks too as I have nothing defensive, any suggestions?

I have about 3-4 ex to spend on gear, i need more mana to help me survive with MOM, is it worth going for so ES as well?

Any suggestions/changes welcome :)

Conductivity is a curse that lowers the enemies lightning resistance. Having it linked with arcane surge means arcane surge will trigger when you cast your curse. It grants more spell damage, more cast speed and mana regen. Cast it before you summon your totems. However, the arcane surge gem needs to be lower level, max level 12 when the conductivity gem is level 20. The way you have it set up now arcane surge will only trigger every third or fourth time you cast the curse.

I wouldn't bother trying to get more ES, it is good to have some (ES grants a 50% chance to avoid stun) but isn't very effective unless you use it as your main defense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info