[3.6 discontinued] Ice Golems - Adrenaline mapping - 6 Auras / 3 Curses

"
Juraiz123 wrote:
So I quit delve for a week due to burn out. let me share you the latest progession before I fully retire this char. Many thanks for creating this build. Very happy with it.

Thank you for the update. I've added this to the "BiS items" section. Your setup looks absolutely awesome :)
Walked around, tested some build ideas for 3.5, and ...

Hope this wouldn't affect next league luck too much :)

Mirror of Kalandra

Last edited by cyberxndr on Nov 25, 2018, 1:51:55 AM
Why do we need resist to chaos? If we so have not enough lives that we die all the same after action of a bottle with immunity to chaos. Maybe I what do not understand?
"
Stariket wrote:
Why do we need resist to chaos? If we so have not enough lives that we die all the same after action of a bottle with immunity to chaos. Maybe I what do not understand?

TLDR: 90% of chaos damage can be outregened

We scale chaos resistance to completely negotiate damage over time effects. Such effects are very annoying, and leads to deaths more often then direct chaos damage. If we get some chaos resistance, we can easily outregen them. The effects is: poison, caustic clouds, degen auras.

Chaos resistance is also helpful against small hits. You can outregen them without taking a notice.

Corruscating Elixir is required only for big hits. While we interested to maintain it constantly, it's more like a little insurance to minimize deaths. It should be fine without it most of the time.
What do you think of a league starter for 3.5 running this build? by no means wanted to reach uber elder/shaper on 3rd/4th day.. but at least can start mapping with minimal currency.

a 6L armor + primordial chain probably can run fine until maps right? What do you think subbing ice for flame golem ? I did that on current league because skin of the loyal is too expensive to optimize ice golem.

Thank you in advance!
"
churoshyo wrote:
What do you think of a league starter for 3.5 running this build? by no means wanted to reach uber elder/shaper on 3rd/4th day.. but at least can start mapping with minimal currency.

a 6L armor + primordial chain probably can run fine until maps right? What do you think subbing ice for flame golem ? I did that on current league because skin of the loyal is too expensive to optimize ice golem.

Thank you in advance!

Yeah, Primordial Chains trivializes starting content by a lot. I don't ever bother with buying harmonies early. Maybe taking 2-3 for life regeneration, it's enough for the first few days with Primordial Chains, Clayshaper and 5L.

Flame golems may be very efficient early. We don't have high curse radius for Profane Bloom yet, so their screen coverage is much better, at least until 80+

For the end game it's a matter of preference what to choose. I found Ice golems more eyes-relaxing and a bit more faster, but that's something subjective :)

As for SOTL prices, we can safely expect they would be very expensive this league :) Not only due to players that choose similar builds, but also for double corruption attempts, that ruin SOTL market entirely. So maybe it's a good time to experiment with Shavs, Solaris Lorica, Saqawal's Nest, or any other good armor finally.
Last edited by cyberxndr on Nov 29, 2018, 2:02:06 PM
"
cyberxndr wrote:
"
churoshyo wrote:

Thank you in advance!

Yeah, Primordial Chains trivializes starting content by a lot. I don't ever bother with buying harmonies early. Maybe taking 2-3 for life regeneration, it's enough for the first few days with Primordial Chains, Clayshaper and 5L.

Flame golems may be very efficient early. We don't have high curse radius for Profane Bloom yet, so their screen coverage is much better, at least until 80+

For the end game it's a matter of preference what to choose. I found Ice golems more eyes-relaxing and a bit more faster, but that's something subjective :)

As for SOTL prices, we can safely expect they would be very expensive this league :) Not only due to players that choose similar builds, but also for double corruption attempts, that ruin SOTL market entirely. So maybe it's a good time to experiment with Shavs, Solaris Lorica, Saqawal's Nest, or any other good armor finally.

I did flame golem in delve. funny when I finally took on Uber elder, it's unplayable because of the skill effects .. hence I changed to ice golem.. but with not so optimal gem set ups.

Nice heads up on SOTL prices.. if we going low life shavs will be a very good choice isn't it.

Then I guess this is definitely one of my starter league choice for now. Haha!
Last edited by churoshyo on Nov 29, 2018, 11:25:15 PM
Uber elder kill?
"
Parsson555 wrote:
Uber elder kill?

I don't tried Uber Elder yet. For general reference you can check this video from 3.5 Primordial Chain Ice Golems guide. It would be close mechanically, but 3x times slower. Just not optimized for this kind of content.
Last edited by cyberxndr on Dec 1, 2018, 12:11:17 PM
"
cyberxndr wrote:
"
Parsson555 wrote:
Uber elder kill?

I don't tried Uber Elder yet. For general reference you can check this video from 3.5 Primordial Chain Ice Golems guide. It would be close mechanically, but 3x times slower. Just not optimized for this kind of content.

I use this build. Thanks for reply.

My character:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Parsson555/characters

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info