[3.6 discontinued] Ice Golems - Adrenaline mapping - 6 Auras / 3 Curses

"
BETTERPC wrote:

nice clear speed
but no boss kill videos , sir?? really want to see one!
thank you!

Please, check this ones:

Boss killing is comfortable, but not very fast. I expect at least x2.5 dps boost in Delve, so it can be more competitive.

For bosses, curse builds are pretty weak. We have a limited chance that something will change in 3.4, but without much expectations.
Last edited by cyberxndr on Aug 26, 2018, 4:49:23 AM
thank you so much
just few more question: how to deal with big chaos dame without shav armor and just about 4.3k ES? and what about price? ( new amulet and golem jew will be very expensive)
Last edited by BETTERPC on Aug 26, 2018, 4:58:10 AM
"
BETTERPC wrote:
thank you so much
just few more question: how to deal with big chaos dame without shav armor and just about 4.3k ES? and what about price? ( new amulet and golem jew will be very expensive)

This build have max chaos resistance (75%), so it's not a problem. Incoming chaos damage is x6.4 lower compared to -60% chaos res builds. Even with 70%+ reserved life we have enough time to react and use flasks.

We also have earth golem that gives 105 HP regen. Its enough to mitigate a lot of sources of chaos DoT damage.

As for prices, the golem jewels are expensive indeed. We need at least 2ex for Primordial Might + Anima Stone jewels, and 20-30c to stack 10 Harmonies, 3c each. SOTL is usually 40-50c new league. Other equipment is very cheap. For later improvements, we can buy Empower for 4ex, and SoTL +2 (3-10ex).

There is no information for Primordial Chain price yet. It's a good item for a lot of classes, so I expect it would cost a lot. My bet is 1.5-2ex, but it can be dirt cheap also. Who knows.

It makes sense to play a few days as Elementalist, and to buy Primordial jewels first. Then swap to Occultist and take a lot of fun.
Last edited by cyberxndr on Aug 26, 2018, 5:52:36 AM
How often does the ice golem derp around casting Ice Spear instead of cycloning/melee attacking?

"
Utopian238 wrote:
How often does the ice golem derp around casting Ice Spear instead of cycloning/melee attacking?

Ice Spear have the lowest priority I'd say. It casted occasionally, mostly in cases when the target is not reachable and the other skills are on cooldown.

This effect can be minimized by stacking attack speed (+30-40%) on golems. It makes the ability near-instant.

The guide was updated for 3.4 changes. Gems, items, and skills were added.

Ice Golems was buffed by the very good margin.

Skilltree changes

Spiritual Aid: 7 additional points
  • 90% increased minion accuracy rating
  • 13% increased minion attack speed
  • 67% increased minion damage
  • 40% increased minion life
  • 1% minion regeneration per second

Lord of The Dead: 0 additional points
  • +30% increased minion accuracy rating

We get: +120% additional minion accuracy

That's a lot:
  • 91% chance for hit for regular mobs (from previous 83% / 67% without curses)
  • 83% chance for hit for elder/shaper (from previous 70% / 67% without curses)

While Lycosidae is still better, the difference is ~20% damage, and not ~43% as before. The accuracy damage bonus should be ommited, since we dropped one jewel (the real bonus is only 1.3%). What we've get here is more consistent damage for maps and bosses.

We also get:
  • 13% increased minion attack speed
  • 67% increased minion damage
  • 40% increased minion life
  • 1% minion regeneration per second

And that's the real bonus from the patch. ~10% more damage with QoL improvements.

Leveling also becomes easier. We got early minion nodes. The casting ones got also buffed. That's an easy SRS leveling until 41.
Last edited by cyberxndr on Aug 29, 2018, 8:46:38 AM
Have you looked at the dps increase from Victario's Charity and Aegis? Simming your PoB with it gets some pretty insane numbers.

I'll likely be trying some sort of MoM elementalist version of these ice golems this patch.

What made you decide on Damage on Full Life Support? It's a big increase but it seems like it's not that much better than added fire damage?

Thanks for posting these snowbois, it looks like it's going to be very fun with all the new movement speed we have access to.
"
Utopian238 wrote:
Have you looked at the dps increase from Victario's Charity and Aegis? Simming your PoB with it gets some pretty insane numbers.

Yeah, it's a good offensive choice generally. The issue is that the golems have only 40% resists, so we need some auras to protect them. Prismatic Guardian is a good choice for auras. We also have Poacher's Mark that gives Frenzy Charges to minions on kill, so Charity bonuses are not so big.
For Elementalists, however, Charity is the best choice. They doesn't have problems with resistances, so the shield slot is open for Charity.

"
Utopian238 wrote:
I'll likely be trying some sort of MoM elementalist version of these ice golems this patch.

That's an interesting option I've wanted to test too. But personaly, it's hard for me not to reserve 90% of the mana each time :D. Hatred + Discipline bonuses are very strong. For Life based builds Discipline is not important however.

"
Utopian238 wrote:
What made you decide on Damage on Full Life Support? It's a big increase but it seems like it's not that much better than added fire damage?

I've used Added Fire previously, but sticked with Damage on Full Life later. The reason is that additional damage from Added Fire is not scaled by Hatred. Hatred itself gives 80% physical damage as cold in this variant of the build, so it's better to scale physical damage rather then elemental.
Plus, more cold damage is usually better for Freeze. It's noticeable on big mobs, but of course, it's a matter of preference. I'm using Added Fire as replacement for Empower 4 tho.

"
Utopian238 wrote:
Thanks for posting these snowbois, it looks like it's going to be very fun with all the new movement speed we have access to.

They are very fun indeed :) We have a chance they would be more playable this league.
Last edited by cyberxndr on Aug 29, 2018, 11:02:49 AM
Okay with the new tree this actually looks really viable.

https://pastebin.com/PjHu8Trx

Here's the MoM path/gear I ended up with. Hatred was too good to give up even as MoM so we grabbed up an essence worm. I'll definitely be giving damage on full life a shot over maim, it's just in there for safe simming.

Ended up going all 5 golems and a bit of eminence stacking for more player defense. I used to be worried about keeping the non-elemental golems alive but with the new tree they have so much health/life regen I think they're going to be much safer than they used to be. I may drop the Lightning Golem and move in a blind support or the like for the remaining 3. The atk/cast speed aura and shock immunity is nice Quality of Life.

Cant wait to delve with this, thank you again!

Last edited by Utopian238 on Aug 29, 2018, 9:35:28 PM
how unusable would this build be trying to run it in SSF?
probably to many needed items/jewels i'd guess?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info