[3.6 discontinued] Ice Golems - Adrenaline mapping - 6 Auras / 3 Curses

"
why u dont use primordial might?

Golems become aggressive as we cursing mobs. The AoE radius for curses is pretty broad (given all aura nodes we have from the tree), so Primordial Might is not required.

The only situation it's useful is endgame bosses.
Last edited by cyberxndr on Dec 5, 2018, 5:44:54 AM
"
cyberxndr wrote:

I usually take ES nodes in witch starting area and going full hybrid. First 20-30 levels is about HP on items, then you can start to collect some sweet helmets/armors with a lot of ES. The proportion between HP is close to 50/50, but it's rough numbers actually. Taking starting ES nodes should be enough.

The things to worry about is elemental resistances, since we need 75% before maps. It may be tricky to replace a lot of slots with uniques without resistances, so it's worth planning. Personally, I'm aiming to grab all the mana reservation nodes (38%) and run x4 purities early. Alpha Howl would worth ~20c early as usual, so it's better not count on it.

that's a good point taking the mana reservation nodes and run purities early. That would save alot of time looking for the right resistance with eqs. Not sure how frequent we can delve, but if it's common encounter and we're lucky, all these item with good resist will come easier

"
cyberxndr wrote:

Golem builds tends to be bound on market items, so it's not a big difference to finish campaign in 7 hours or 10 hours. A lot of items would be out of supply early. So even taking some sleep first night may be a good investment :)

It would be lucky to grub well rolled Primordial Chains early tho. Last league they went out of supply in 3 days, maybe.

I didn't know primordial chains are so highly sought after last league. Golementalist is my 3rd or 4th char which i started after casually buying all the anima stone, might n harmonies in delve, so by that time there's plenty of them still.

Saw that you mentioned we don't really need primordial might as cursing will aggro our golems.. Plus point is that ice golem are very aggressive from the start too.

I don't know if it will make a difference rushing to maps faster to sell them for profits. I wanted to farm headhunter this league, and seeing so many ppl actually able to make it from selling maps, divs card n chaos recipe early on when 1ex is about 40c.

Seems good to go after the 3.5 patch notes is out. No nerf hammer on golem builds.

Hope to see you still update yr progress from time to time in betrayal when it's out. cheers!
Last edited by churoshyo on Dec 5, 2018, 7:04:36 AM
Whats your oppinion about golem's accuracy without the accuracy gloves in your build? I've heard that could be a problem for Ice Golems.
Last edited by MetalSlave on Dec 5, 2018, 7:32:17 AM
"
MetalSlave wrote:
Whats your oppinion about golem's accuracy without the accuracy gloves in your build? I've heard that could be a problem for Ice Golems.

This build had a lot of +minion accuracy nodes from the tree in 3.4, and it wasn't a problem. It runs Poacher`s Mark that reduces enemy evasion by 76%. In 3.5 we would also have a banner that adds additional accuracy aura, so it's not even worth it to take accuracy nodes from the tree anymore.

Elementalist is a different story, since it's more focused on bosses and have little access to curses. It needs either gloves or minion accuracy nodes.

It was a problem in 3.3 maybe, not currently.
Last edited by cyberxndr on Dec 5, 2018, 11:55:18 AM
"
ggWex wrote:
Looking forward to the 3.5 version! I will be rolling this for Betrayal also... even more competition for that early golem gear, sorry boys. This build looks like a ton of fun though!

Thank you! The guide was updated to 3.5 finally.
I see in the new tree u use EE, how you will trigger, and about the banner what is the plan
"
I see in the new tree u use EE, how you will trigger, and about the banner what is the plan

We use Arc to trigger Elemental Equilibrium. Another option is Frost Bomb with dropped EE. It may be better for Bestiary mobs with high regeneration.

Banners are good for auras and worth to use. We don't benefit from their active abilities, since minions don't gain stacks, but the aura effect is still good.

I also believe that Dread banner`s accuracy reduction scaled by non-curse aura nodes. There is very little reasons not to. It would be awesome.

From the mana reservation perspective it would cost 3% HP. I guess we would need some reduced mana reserved helmet enchantment to use it, since reservation stuff is already tight.
Last edited by cyberxndr on Dec 6, 2018, 6:20:56 AM
Hello. I wish you good luck in the new league. I wanted to ask a question at the expense of the curse Punishment, will the damned enemies increase the attack speed and damage of our golems by hitting them? Pob will show great numbers.
Last edited by Stariket on Dec 7, 2018, 4:06:12 AM
one point i realize.. for incursion previously it has been very dangerous having minions going into incursion.. as the minion would instant aggro the mobs and once you move you're dead.. Have GGG fix or did something to that tho?
"
Stariket wrote:
Hello. I wish you good luck in the new league. I wanted to ask a question at the expense of the curse Punishment, will the damned enemies increase the attack speed and damage of our golems by hitting them? Pob will show great numbers.

Thank you for the good wishes!

Punishment is looks cool on paper, but the problem with it is that mobs should hit the target (i.e our golems) to grant them damage buff. It's very rare scenario, since golems tends to charge instantly and kill everything...

It may have limited application on mid-tier bosses and bestiary mobs, but Vulnerability tends to be a bit more stable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info