[3.7] CI Apep's Supremacy Flicker Strike Trickster (BUILD OF THE WEEK)

Hey so I've been crafting this build in pob for the merge in 2 wks, here's my pastebin atm:

https://pastebin.com/mUG9j4Md

The next upgrade paths are all pretty expensive, what do you suggest I go for first? My es is a little low, just under 6k.

Edit: I'm running an ele version of this w/o the apeps, the QoL is worse bc I take bleed damage, but dps and es are basically the same:

https://pastebin.com/8JcDupfk
Last edited by Fire309 on Aug 17, 2018, 12:32:44 PM
"
Fire309 wrote:
Hey so I've been crafting this build in pob for the merge in 2 wks, here's my pastebin atm:

https://pastebin.com/mUG9j4Md

The next upgrade paths are all pretty expensive, what do you suggest I go for first? My es is a little low, just under 6k.

Edit: I'm running an ele version of this w/o the apeps, the QoL is worse bc I take bleed damage, but dps and es are basically the same:

https://pastebin.com/8JcDupfk

Nice! Shaper gloves with frenzy corrupt used to be cheap. They are really nice but might be expensive now.

You should run lab a few times and get a useful boot enchant

Sin's rebirth gives u better defense than atziris, although more expensive

Sulphur flask will not regen you by the way. I'd use jade flask

Maim is better than damage on full life for the totem/VDS setup. It's because maim will increase your flicker damage too.

Also, ES flicker without Apep seems like a bad idea to me. If you dont use the shield, you should play it life-based.
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Aug 17, 2018, 3:49:29 PM
Lol, I pretty much only used the sulphur and atziris for more damage. Probably gonna swap it for ToH, and use an extra silver flask.
Thanks for the maim tip, didn't realize the debuff was global.

I have to say though, your gear is godly.
Last edited by Fire309 on Aug 17, 2018, 4:27:18 PM
Hi,

Nice build.

I was wondering if using the Sanguine Gambol is better than the Wasps Nest.
RAAAAAAAA!

(╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ǝ︵ o︵ d

I'm out.
"
Orzi wrote:
Hi,

Nice build.

I was wondering if using the Sanguine Gambol is better than the Wasps Nest.

hmm. no its too slow. also, bleed chance mods are not as great as u might think since chance to bleed is a good support DPS wise for Wasps. So bleed chance isnt much of a drawback in this build.
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Aug 18, 2018, 1:45:05 AM
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Another question. You have Ghost Reaver and Vaal Pact. Is Soul reaver enough leech?
RAAAAAAAA!

(╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ǝ︵ o︵ d

I'm out.
Last edited by Orzi on Aug 18, 2018, 2:31:31 AM
"
Orzi wrote:
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Another question. You have Ghost Reaver and Vaal Pact. Is Soul reaver enough leech?

Yea I think the calculation is that you need to be able to do 0.2% of your life (or ES) as damage leeched per hit to take full advantage of leech. I think this "0.2%" doesn't change with any mods. Vaal pact/leech rate doesnt change this 0.2%.

So if I have 6,000 ES, 0.2% of 6,000 ES is 120 ES. Since soul reaver is conveniently 1.2% of attack damage leeched, I need to do 120/.012 damage per hit, which is 10,000. I am well over that. I have 73,000 damage per hit vs shaper with all buffs, 18k with absolutely no temporary buffs. To be picky, 18k is just the avg damage. I think the damage can go below 10k if dont crit. But that is going to be rare and is not a big issue since I always have some buffs.

The other aspect of leech is to attack fast. Usually, you need to attack 10 times to get to max leech. But soul reaver gives 50% leech rate, which means 10/1.5=6.66 hits to get to max leech. That rounds up to 7.

So when you get down to low ES, to reach max leech recovery rate, you need to do 7 flicker hits. And by the way, this is one reason why multistrike is good.

I hope this info is accurate. I think it is. leech is complicating.
I am having issues with bosses. I am not reliably generating enough frenzy charges nor am I leeching fast enough. getting owned by bosses.
RAAAAAAAA!

(╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ǝ︵ o︵ d

I'm out.
I'm still learning the game, thus playing in standard league till Delve. Because Apep's shield is over 30 ex and almost non-existant, I was wondering how and how viable it is to build this as life base and some different off-hand shield/weapon? I understand I'd be able to use life leech but would take tons of damage from poison/bleed... also life build isn't as tanky I presume?
"
slowcow wrote:
I'm still learning the game, thus playing in standard league till Delve. Because Apep's shield is over 30 ex and almost non-existant, I was wondering how and how viable it is to build this as life base and some different off-hand shield/weapon? I understand I'd be able to use life leech but would take tons of damage from poison/bleed... also life build isn't as tanky I presume?

It'd be a completely different build if you went with life. There's many build guides that use the boots with life, and without the Apep shield. Look at those. Life builds are often cheaper and more simple. The simplest flicker is Oro's.

The other interesting idea is to go life based and use the apep shield, and have 75% chaos res. It might work out, but again, it's a completely different build.
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Aug 19, 2018, 10:58:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info