[3.7] CI Apep's Supremacy Flicker Strike Trickster (BUILD OF THE WEEK)

"
Inkaflare wrote:
Interesting take on the build. I've been experimenting with my own version of it for a few days now and it isn't performing to my expectations. Most of all it realy annoys me how much it suck versus the Vaal Omnitect since he apparently deals a crapton of damage when you're in contact with him, so you have to constantly move out of him to recover some ES.
https://pastebin.com/CgwmWU9K
Tried out an Occultist version while theorycrafting because Wicked Ward is such a powerful node but the damage takes such a nosedive with the Ascendancy that it's not worth going for in my opinion. Trickster still has good defenses while providing a lot more damage on top of it.
Using Varunastra with Might of the Meek is a lot of damage thanks to the Claw and Dagger nodes below Ghost Reaver.
The fact that you killed Guardians with the build is reassuring.

Did you buy an item from me yesterday? Lol

Wow, your build is very similar to mine haha. Hmm, since you have shaper gloves, keep in mind that 30 int or 30 strength nodes are much better than those 6% es nodes.

Yea occultist has good regen while clearing, but that's nonexistent vs bosses.

Taking vaal pact made bossing/omnitech a lot easier for me
So what is better? The sword with a might of the meek jewel, or a very high as claw?
"
Cynegold wrote:
So what is better? The sword with a might of the meek jewel, or a very high as claw?

I like the claw with high atk speed just cuz i like atk speed. Varunastra is slow.

Faster atk means better leeching
I noticed your damage was also really high, do you have any plans/items you could still use to push it even further?
"
Cynegold wrote:
I noticed your damage was also really high, do you have any plans/items you could still use to push it even further?

Well, I got an elder amulet plus taste of hate now for more DPS. https://pastebin.com/xqYDgDAV

But I removed some damage for more ES plus ES recovery watcher's eye.

So the damage is about the same.

I also might just switch totem with Increased duration for longer vaal double strike. The totem dies too fast because it bleeds to death when it gets hit.
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Jun 18, 2018, 1:49:06 PM
reminds me of the good old days with high crit ci dagger or claw builds.. you realy need to get stun immunity somehow thoe.
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
"
Inkaflare wrote:
Interesting take on the build. I've been experimenting with my own version of it for a few days now and it isn't performing to my expectations. Most of all it realy annoys me how much it suck versus the Vaal Omnitect since he apparently deals a crapton of damage when you're in contact with him, so you have to constantly move out of him to recover some ES.
https://pastebin.com/CgwmWU9K
Tried out an Occultist version while theorycrafting because Wicked Ward is such a powerful node but the damage takes such a nosedive with the Ascendancy that it's not worth going for in my opinion. Trickster still has good defenses while providing a lot more damage on top of it.
Using Varunastra with Might of the Meek is a lot of damage thanks to the Claw and Dagger nodes below Ghost Reaver.
The fact that you killed Guardians with the build is reassuring.

Did you buy an item from me yesterday? Lol

Wow, your build is very similar to mine haha. Hmm, since you have shaper gloves, keep in mind that 30 int or 30 strength nodes are much better than those 6% es nodes.

Yea occultist has good regen while clearing, but that's nonexistent vs bosses.

Taking vaal pact made bossing/omnitech a lot easier for me

Thanks for the tips. Pathing all the way to Vaal Pact is a pretty serious loss in damage and max ES, sadly... not sure if the doubled leech is worth that. I'll give it a whirl though since I seem a bit stuck right now. I thought the high evasion would work well with ES regen, but in practice I found myself getting hit too often for it to kick in... so I already switched to Ghost Reaver and that helped but stil wasn't quite enough.
Overall, I think using an Atziri's Splendour with Evasion/ES and taking Escape Artist is well worth it for the huge max ES gain, increased evasion/dodge and stun immunity.

6.4k ES

Flicker

xdddddddddD
zzZzzzZzzZz
"
Inkaflare wrote:

Thanks for the tips. Pathing all the way to Vaal Pact is a pretty serious loss in damage and max ES, sadly... not sure if the doubled leech is worth that. I'll give it a whirl though since I seem a bit stuck right now. I thought the high evasion would work well with ES regen, but in practice I found myself getting hit too often for it to kick in... so I already switched to Ghost Reaver and that helped but stil wasn't quite enough.
Overall, I think using an Atziri's Splendour with Evasion/ES and taking Escape Artist is well worth it for the huge max ES gain, increased evasion/dodge and stun immunity.

You can also get a 30% es recovery watcher's eye. I got one yesterday. Also, 5% max leech elder amulet. Add those together and you have a mini vaal pact. (20+5)*1.3 = 32.5% max life leech rate

If you stay regen based, get a The Sorrow of the Divine flask for sure, and get some permanent regen on tree/elder amulet/marble amulet/etc. Geofri's sanctuary chest + lot of strength is an option too. You get zealots oath from it.
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Jun 18, 2018, 3:46:31 PM
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
You can also get a 30% es recovery watcher's eye. I got one yesterday. Also, 5% max leech elder amulet. Add those together and you have a mini vaal pact. (20+5)*1.3 = 32.5% max life leech rate

If you stay regen based, get a The Sorrow of the Divine flask for sure, and get some permanent regen on tree/elder amulet/marble amulet/etc. Geofri's sanctuary chest + lot of strength is an option too. You get zealots oath from it.

I fiddled around a bit in PoB and going to Vaal pact also allows me to grab Chance to Bleed from the nearby passives. This allows me to swap out the Chance to Bleed gem for something better (Varunastra's lower attack speed than your claw build makes the support a lot worse damagewise). So overall the damage is hit isn't as big as I imagined.
The Watcher's Eye is probably worth using in any variant of the build. Adding 30% ES recovery rate both boosts leech and ES recharge pretty massively. Costs quite a bit though, especially if you want a second useful mod.
In the end the build isn't the fastest or highest damage Flicker but certainly one of the safest.
Last edited by Inkaflare on Jun 18, 2018, 6:30:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info