QoL, options and features suggestions

Hi guys, hi GGG,

We were discussing a few things that could be improved in the game a few days back with some friends, and we came up with a few ideas. If anyone feels the need to add other ideas to the list, feel free, I'll add it. This thread is focused around options, settings and features suggestions (not game mechanics).

1 - Option : "Sensitive items" alert
The game would trigger an additionnal alert when dragging and dropping on the ground (when you are in the case where the game asks you to keep or destroy) or sell to a vendor if the item is 6L, max quality and / or max level for a skill gem, enchanted.
This feature could be bypassed by using CTRL or CTRL + SHIFT while dropping it.

2 - Option : Crafting alert
The game would trigger an additionnal alert when crafting on a bench a recipe that is below the number of links you have on the item. 6L > 4L. Sh.. happens, I broke a 6L with the crafting bench thinking that I was selecting "4 colors" (it was 4 links, and yeah I know only 3 colors exists but maybe I was tired or not focused enough).

3 - Feature : locking items
CTRL + Shift + Right click would allow us to lock an item. Gear, skill gems or jewels. Locking it would prevent : dropping, modifying with a currency, exchanging with a player, selling, leveling, crafting or enchanting.

4 - Feature : locking inventory slots
I see a lot of players, streamers (and me) with some items in the inventory at the same spot like this :

The feature would allow to lock slots so that no items could go in these slots. If a slot is locked with a currency, transfering a currency from the stash would always feel in these locked slots before.

5 - Feature : Multi-transfer

CTRL+ALT+SHIFT + Left click would transfer all the same type of items from the inventory to the stash or vice-versa. For instance, doing this action from the inventory on a chaos orb would transfer any currency to the stash on the left. Doing this action from the stash on a weapon would transfer all weapons to the inventory.

6 - Option : 5 links alert
Using a fusing on piece of gear would alert the player if it has reach 5 links before rolling it again.

7 - Feature : disable light on the player in the hideouts
Some people are spending way too much time (like me) on their hideouts. The light on the player has a tendency to make the hideouts lighting look flat and dull. Could it be possible to disable the light when we are in hideouts ?

8 - Feature : tabs config when starting a new league
When starting a new league it would be nice to copy the setup of the stash tabs to the new league by default.

9 - Option : effects opacity
This option would allow you to lower the opacity of the visual effects of the other players in a party. In bestiary, we are playing most of the time at 3 or 4 players. Two of them are playing magma orbs and a golemancer.

I do understand that you want a hard game, but not being able to see visual hints in a boss pattern is kind of frustrating. The best example are The Brine King (lightning on the ground) or Maligaro (magenta spikes on the ground).

10 - Feature : hideout decorations rotation
Being able to rotate really accurately with the keyboard (be using a modifier like shift). The only way to do that at the moment is with the mouse, and it is really difficult when you have a ton of decorations in the same spot.

11 - Feature : sort
Add a sort feature to inventory and stash tabs

12 - Feature : filtering hint on stash tabs
When filtering in the stash, add a little dot on the top of each tab that have items matching the keywords you typed.

13 - Option : Vertical stash list always on
An option to allow us to have to vertical stash list always displayed.

14 - Option : set tab as default
A checkbox in the premium tab would allow us to set this tab as default when we open the stash.

15 - Feature : remember last tab in the stash in any circumstance
While in game, remember the last stash tab we were in. Even after a map, or leaving the hideout. If the previous option is implemented, it overrides this behavior and always select the default tab when we first access the stash when joining the hideout.

16 - Colorblind mode
Indeed, must be a pain in the a.. for the sockets. Suggested by anapoe on reddit.

17 - Auto-dump loot in correct stash tab
Original thread. Suggested by IamLoco

18 - Corner map sizing. UI Resizing.
Original thread. Suggested by chuawf12345. This feature could be extended with UI resizing also.

19 - Stash tabs modification (display more tabs)
Original thread. Suggested by SwangJang

20 - Crafting bench filter feature (suffixes, prefixes, keywords ?)
Original thread. Suggested by JanHermann

21 - Log player kill with detailled informations.
When your character is killed, display a log with a few informations allowing the player to understand what he ran into. It will allow the player to adjust potential weaknesses of his build. Because seriously, above T13 especially in a party, there are some oneshots that comes from nowhere or are really difficult to "understand" when the screen is cluttered with projectiles and VFXs.

Examples :
- Cynh was killed by a Devourer | Critical hit | Physical
- Cynh was killed by Siren's daughter | DoT | Bleeding

22 - Slider option to set the zoom level on the map overlay and save the setting for each session.
Original thread. Suggested by Fawcan

23 - Add rebind option for the zoom in / ou on the map and minimap.
Original thread. Suggested by Mindfreak

24 - Add new loading screen tips
Original thread. Suggested by zsoleszdc01.
Also, it could be nice to add a "next hint" feature. This is more newcomers / beginners focused feature.

25 - Auto-transfer tabs with the exact same configuration when merging at the end of the league.
With premium tabs, when merging (for instance Bestiary into Standard). Merge stash tabs that have the exact same configuration : same name, same color, same type of tab, same "public config". If the target tab is full, keep the rest of the loot in it and then put it on read only.
If there are too much issues with merging classic tabs, at least merge "same type ones" aka : currencies, cards, maps (if the same atlas version is selected), fragments.

26 - When deleting a character, add an input
Instead of a simple cancel / delete button. Show up a modal window with :
"Please input 'delete nameofthecharacter' to delete it".
Example : delete Cynh

It would definitely avoid mistakes when deleting characters. (seen a lot of "funny" deletion highlights on Youtube, and I guess there is not much to do to prevent that).

You could avoid the modal window by using CTRL + SHIFT before clicking on the button. At this point, if you're doing it on purpose and deleting the wrong character you're the only one to blame :)

27 - Add shift click in vendors for currencies quantity.
Shift + Click on a currency when talking to vendors would allow us to buy more than one item at a time. Of course with a - and a + on each side of a slider and on the left of the "ok" button a "max" button to buy the maximum stack size for this currency.

28 - Add a few new "native" decorations from act 5 to 10 to the masters when reaching level 7 / 8.
I think I can't be clearer than that. I know you sell MTX decorations, I know you have to make a leaving out of it. But I guess that a few new decorations for the hideouts that comes from the main story isn't much to ask... you can keep the cool exclusive things for the MTX :)

29 - Transfer content from one stash tab to another
Original thread. Suggested by Faendris

30 - Improve audio and visual cues (feedback / hints)
Examples :
- Charges are making a really distinct sound when expiring. For the charges we get as a character, having an audio cue when getting a new one is not really usefull. But getting an audio cue when we get corrupted blood should could be helpfull since it is not really visible in a big fight. Moreover, we are aware of corrupted blood when our health is already draining, by having an audio cue, it could help the player to prevent loosing too much health without having to rely on visual feedback on the character or the health globe.
- AoE explosions on monsters death could play some kind of charging sound as long as the delay before they explode. It could give more informations to the player when these kind of monsters are dying off screen.
- Optimize colours palette for the lightning in the Brine King fight. With the water everywhere, the glowing effect on the ground is really hard to see 50% of the time.

In general, there is room for improvement to give the player the information that a creature is gonna land a really dangerous skill or effect. Visually or aurally.

31 - Add informations about an item on sale in a public premium tab
When an item is in a tab priced globally or individually, add the information below with how much time the item has been on sale ( "Less than a minute / 3 weeks" ).

32 - Add the possibility to buy quad tabs for guilds
I think that the title speaks for itself :]

33 - Add some "groups" features for guilds.
Add the possibility to create groups in a guild that could be use to give rights on stash tabs. For instance, some tabs can only be accessed by some groups to put object in them, but not take items, etc etc...

34 - Add log for the guild stash
This log can be accessed through the website and be seen the guild owner.

35 - Add an additionnal status / rank in guilds below the guild owner
This status could be used to allow some "high rank" members to have almost the same rights as the guild owner. Cancel invitations, kick members for instance.

36 - Premium tabs, listing Publicly for Trading
Limiting the listing in specific tabs (cards, currencies, fragments) to only manually fixed prices on items.
Original thread. Suggested by LynchyAUS

37 - Stash rendering working with items filter
Add the option ( can be turned on-off in options > ui ) to apply border, background or colors to items contained in the stash.
In this thread. Suggested by Itasil_
Last edited by __MaX__ on May 21, 2018, 8:40:32 AM
Last bumped on May 23, 2018, 1:36:47 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I posted the thread on reddit. I'll update the initial message when new suggestions are made.
Updated with IamLoco suggestion.
Updated with chuawf12345, SwangJang and JanHermann suggestions.
"
__MaX__ wrote:

3 - Feature : locking items
CTRL + Shift + Right click would allow us to lock an item. Gear, skill gems or jewels. Locking it would prevent : dropping, modifying with a currency, exchanging with a player, selling, leveling, crafting or enchanting.

This would be extremely appreciated.

Really no explanation necessary, a game that has no "buy back option" must have a lock option. Personally I see no problem with having both, but at least something should be available to cover simple mistakes.

“We are the race of flesh, We are the race of lovers.”
Indeed. Miss clicking and modifying colors on sockets by mistake is kind of infuriating.

Updated with a few suggestions I dug in this forum. Also added a few suggestions I had on paper.
Added a suggestion about audio / visual cues.
Added a few suggestions about guilds and tabs.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147383

If you don't mind adding to the list
No prob. Done :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info