[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

"
Ventori wrote:
"
groar wrote:
"
Ventori wrote:
Why we use Diamond Flask? Can i switch it for some defensive flask like Quartz that gives 10% dodge chance?

Diamond Flask is your biggest dps flask. Better swap Oak if you need defence

How does this crit chance makes dps for this build? Could you explain?

Hi, if you look at the tree and gear, you will see many nodes with +critical chance and +critical multiplier. Chance make you crit more often (and more shocks if you dont use elemental focus, but that's a different story), while multiplier lets you do more damage each time you crit.

So more crit means more damage in the end.

In the case of diamond flask, maybe you will not see it in tooltip as dps increase nor as crit chance in the character page, but it works, it will increase it.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Jul 10, 2018, 4:04:00 PM
Hi, dudes. Could i ask you some advice. What i did wrong (ShameOfMee character). I think im suffering from a lack of damage coz people are usually saying about 150k dps per totem and i have only about 26k with wrath and lightning golem on in my hideout. Thank you!
Last edited by zloinn on Jul 11, 2018, 3:22:21 AM
"
zloinn wrote:
Hi, dudes. Could i ask you some advice. What i did wrong (ShameOfMee character). I think im suffering from a lack of damage coz people are usually saying about 150k dps per totem and i have only about 26k with wrath and lightning golem on in my hideout. Thank you!

Do not worry too much. I think the damage people are quoting is not fully representative of the “typical” circumstance.
In Hideout my damage was ~31k (tooltip) with wrath and lightning golem. I killed Uber Elder with this.
Now my damage is ~42k (tooltip) with wrath and lightning golem after upgrading my gems to level 21 and gear as well. Pretty much got maximum tooltip damage without spending 180exalts for a +3 levels for Arc.

Without seeing your gear I can not check to see where you are lacking damage. Will go through your profile when on a computer.

With 36k tooltip damage killing Uber Elder is soo easy. I literally didn’t realize I had beaten him until everything went quiet and the wormhole thingy animation started, that’s how quick (and how much DPS you do) it was.

Just to reassure you. 26k DPS is enough to kill shaper. I have done it. I also had 4.1k life, 1k ES and 2.2k Mana.
Cory chance was 21% (no charges) and 400% crit multi. (Same values I currently have for killing Uber Elder.

Last edited by Mentalmike on Jul 11, 2018, 5:44:16 AM
Hey guys, returning to my Arc Totem build after trying a few other builds.

He need some love.

I need some advice to get to the next level and hopefully get to high tiers map (curently doing T10-11 without dying to much).

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/CouchPotato999/characters

I have ~8 exalts, more if I sell my Deadeye Windripper :'( .. so I can't afford much, maybe a Shimmeron (or 2), a better belt, a 6l Soul Mantle?

Need hints/advices, thanks!
Get Vaal Righteous Fire instead of Vaal Haste, great stuff 40% more spell damage for 7 sec with Inc Duration.
Hi, can somebody look at my character and tell me the problem? I cannot kill almost anything in incursions, especially I cannot do anything against architects. This happens after T12 maps. I cannot continue this way, please help!
Last edited by uzzman on Jul 12, 2018, 11:36:36 AM
Really fun build just hit 100 for the first time, usually get bored of builds quickly but this one was very enjoyable. Thanks for posting it and thanks to the people in the thread giving gear suggestions and such really helped.
i've been lvling an arc totem build for awhile, and just got back into it now that i have currency to dedicate to the build a bit, including 6L soul mantle and 2x shimmeron.

i think im going to swap some things up though. i don't want to use elemental focus because i want to shock things. this means i want more shock effect and to some extent, duration. so i'll be using stormcharger boots for 25% effect and 50% duration, and a different 6th link - probably crit multi because i don't think theres anything else that'd be good.

i just think having a big shock effect would be extremely beneficial, especially with using vaal arc which inherently gives you 100% chance, effect and duration. this is gone to waste when running ele focus.

alternatively you could have vaal arc on a separate link setup for its shock, but it'd have to be on another socketed spell totem as it needs to do damage to be able to shock etc etc.

anyway, with my calculations i should end up with 99% effect and 130% duration. this is without vaal arc, just arc, stormchargers, passives and conductivity. this'll also give 49% chance to shock outside of any non crit strikes, effectively meaning everything is shocked all the time, hopefully for a large effect but thats just hard to tell.

EDIT: oh right forgot to mention. i may also include another setup of trap firestorm with inc duration and aoe in order to constantly proc EE, just to raise the damage even more - because why the hell not haha
Last edited by xMustard on Jul 12, 2018, 3:32:48 PM
wish GGG would remove the Hall of Grandmasters map.

Utter pile of rubbish, broken mechanics and damage, based on broken gear and stats.

There is this one Rogue Exile who literally off screen targets you. They are by the chest, but iam getting targeted by them nearly 2 screen widths away. Totally stupid to have that map part of the Atlas of Worlds. Should be removed. Have it as an accessible area in the Epilogue but not as a map.
This build is great for fast mapping but squishy as F. Tried diff combos of armours/shields/dual shims, 80 max res, 65% mom, all 1shot pudding. I’ve wasted so much currency, shelving this build for now.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info