[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

ya im starting to get pretty frustrated with the build right now, lol. if you get touched you're donzo, which makes mapping not fast at all because every step you take you gotta drop 2 totems. frickin annoying more than anything.

the mapping is also just extremely slow compared to my ele hit ignite char, so it feels so sluggish i can hardly stand to lvl
"
xMustard wrote:
ya im starting to get pretty frustrated with the build right now, lol. if you get touched you're donzo, which makes mapping not fast at all because every step you take you gotta drop 2 totems. frickin annoying more than anything.

the mapping is also just extremely slow compared to my ele hit ignite char, so it feels so sluggish i can hardly stand to lvl

Don't know how you play - with a little experience you know where monsters are. So the 1-2 scouting totems will fire in most cases.

Other thing is running curves - nothing really hits. I'm doing vulnerability incursions with hard pressing without problems. Only ele reflect is hard, the totems die too fast to ill everything fast.

And 8k total life when full (life + mana + ES) is not nothing. It's enough for one big hit, or a few normal ones. More you shouldn't get anyway - and tanking big slams is a thing for other chars.

Direct shooting chars are always a bit fast in clearing than totems, independent what you put on your totems. With the scouting totem method you can compensate a bit of this, the totem kills anything until you arrive.

PS: I don't have that big equip until now, doing it more traditional with Sceptre + Shield ( and shield charge). Still not at top maps, but no problems with the current things like maps, ULab, Atziri or Elder.

Oh, and when you don't get touched often, you'll have 3 endurance charges - which result in a long IC when hit. Normally everything should be dead after these 2 seconds, including normal map bosses or hard rares.
Last edited by Llyrain on Jul 13, 2018, 9:01:46 AM
well i prefer other playstyles. totems don't fit me at all.
i also don't like running around with 6 curses on me which allow me to get ignited, frozen, shocked, take more damage, take damage over time, and severely lower my resistances. ya you have a flask to take those off, but sometimes its real tough to map fast enough to keep it charged up enough for it to be 100% uptime.
"
xMustard wrote:
well i prefer other playstyles. totems don't fit me at all.
i also don't like running around with 6 curses on me which allow me to get ignited, frozen, shocked, take more damage, take damage over time, and severely lower my resistances. ya you have a flask to take those off, but sometimes its real tough to map fast enough to keep it charged up enough for it to be 100% uptime.

That's because you are playing it the wrong way.
I suppose everything is summarized in your first sentence: "I prefer other playstyles. totems don't fit me at all."
Just got my first Locus of Corruption chamber.. what would be the best item to try to corrupt?
"
Gegemo wrote:
That's because you are playing it the wrong way.
I suppose everything is summarized in your first sentence: "I prefer other playstyles. totems don't fit me at all."

you don't know how im playing it, whether it be 'right' or 'wrong', all you know is that i don't like how the build does play.
disliking the playstyle doesn't mean im playing it wrong, as though everyone would enjoy the playstyle if played 'right'.
"
xMustard wrote:
[...]I also don't like running around with 6 curses on me which allow me to get ignited, frozen, shocked, take more damage, take damage over time, and severely lower my resistances. ya you have a flask to take those off, but sometimes its real tough to map fast enough to keep it charged up enough for it to be 100% uptime.

Those are evidences that you are playing it the wrong way.

You can also, as many have suggested, change Soul Mantle for a 6L.
Anyway every suggestions will be pointless because:
"
xMustard wrote:
[...]well i prefer other playstyles. totems don't fit me at all.

This game offer many different kind of builds. Many are competitive.
If you try something that doesn't fit your playstyle you can always change to something else.

The point in playing is to have fun. Just choose what you like the most.
I've done pretty much everything in the game with the build, it has performed amazingly.

My gear:

Atziri's shield is stupid expensive but it provides a lot of QoL with not having to worry about curses. Also I chanced an elder essence worm to use with mark of the shaper. All I'm missing now is enough currency to 6l my +1 mantle and I'll be pretty much set.

Tooltip DPS in hideout is 67k with no buffs other than wrath and golem.
Last edited by astrartea on Jul 15, 2018, 2:11:47 AM
Finally beat shaper + his guardians(deathless) for the first time with this build

I really enjoy it

League finished for me. Just reached level 95 and defeated all bosses.

Still missing the second shimmeron but honestly I'm good without it. The build can do Uber Elder without so I will not bother buying/farming the second one.

Thank you all for the interest expressed.
Have fun ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info