[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

Can you link your final end game gear? Thx.
"
Warbeast275 wrote:
Can you link your final end game gear? Thx.

His profile is public, just click on the name and then the character tab. Looks like it's the first one in the list. You can do that for anyone on the forums with a public profile.
"

Just wow. What a nice build. Near around 7.5k lifepool w/o energy shield. Fast and cheap. Pretty easy to self farm shimmerons. Still not sure about soulmantle tough. Done shaper in first try.
Last edited by thelazeran on Jul 16, 2018, 5:59:14 AM
Hi! I'm new in this game, that build is good for me? I'm on level 7 right now! xD
Does anyone have any tricks to doing Minotaur? The damage is high enough to kill him, but I can't kite him because he constantly does the "tunnel under the ground and insta kill me" attack. But being close isn't an option either because then he just one-shots you with rocks and/or slam.
"
bridgeburner wrote:
Does anyone have any tricks to doing Minotaur? The damage is high enough to kill him, but I can't kite him because he constantly does the "tunnel under the ground and insta kill me" attack. But being close isn't an option either because then he just one-shots you with rocks and/or slam.

I usually wait for him to tunnel, move not too much away, cast totems.
When he slam I move out of the rock zone and recast totems. He will than tunnel...
repeat.

I think that the most important thing is to not move too much away from him otherwise he will costantly tunnel and slam.
My first (and favourite) character this league was an Arc totem heiro. I didn't follow this guide, but independently (and unsurprisingly) ended up with something pretty similar.

I'm linked my gear below and also have a few tips, mostly aimed at newer players (that OP might consider adding into the guide).

My gear is pretty flashy but I was able to complete all the content with about half the damage.
Spoiler

If I could throw out a handful of tips for new players they would be:

1) Using a Soul Mantle is probably a mistake.

I randomly 6L'd one early in the league and started using it right away. Trying to keep 100% uptime on curse removal made my whole experience a lot more stressful and cost me several deaths. If you want to sacrifice survive-ability for damage get a +Gems tabula. (+2 duration works with vaal arc). Obviously with Atziri's Reflection + Self Flag it becomes incredibly strong, but that's not a reasonable option for 99% of players.

2) Using dual Shimmeron is probably a mistake.

Dual Shim is "best in slot" for raw DPS, but in this league, DPS really isn't a problem. For bossfights, newer player (and experienced players that prefer not to randomly die), NEED access to a reliable movement skill that won't randomly kill you.

Once you've scrapped the Shimmeron.....

3a) Try Flame Dash, Faster Casting, Arcane Surge & Increased Duration in a 4L.

Especially with some cast-speed on the tree, this combination is very strong in bossfights. Once you get used to it you'll have Arcane Surge up 100% of the time for 11% more damage, 11% more cast speed and some mana regen - more than enough to make up for Shim. Obviously, it's not ideal for zooming around maps so you'll still need a Quicksilver flask but its fine for ledge jumping and fast escapes.

3b) Try self casting Vaal Arc (+Increased Duration) for a huge steroid!

Since they fixed the the "Lucky Arc" buff, this should provide about 25-30% MORE damage. It won't deal any damage, but avoids impacting your totem placement cap. Vaal Haste, and Vaal Clarity are also very useful, especially during lower level incursions.

4a) If you're on a budget, you can often get great value on items with high mana, but low/no life.

You're aiming for roughly a 3/2 ratio of life to mana (e.g 4500 life/ 3000 mana), so especially if your mana is lower than that, don't be afraid to forsake life once in a while. Keep an eye out for +%mana which works amazingly with Heiro.

4b) Catarina can craft +44 mana on most items as a prefix.

Its at the headstones so a lot of players miss it but it works on Body, Boots, Gloves and Helms.

5) Vaal Cold Snap is a great option for a CWDT gem-link.

Especially, on a build like this which doesn't otherwise have access to frenzy charges, i'm amazing how often I end up with full charges just clearing maps. You can even self cast the Vaal Cold-Snap at the start of a boss-fight to guarantee the damage boost.

I hope someone found this useful and good luck exiles!

LightningPepeMonster

ign: WesleyCau (Domination)
Last edited by WesleyCau on Jul 17, 2018, 12:17:39 PM
"
WesleyCau wrote:

2) Using dual Shimmeron is probably a mistake.

Dual Shim is "best in slot" for raw DPS, but in this league, DPS really isn't a problem. For bossfights, newer player (and experienced players that prefer not to randomly die), NEED access to a reliable movement skill that won't randomly kill you.

Once you've scrapped the Shimmeron.....

... I've seen you've done this. Next step is to throw out the power charges. They give not much without the Shims. Getting raw damage% / additions penetration / survival is much better I think.

I've found this, in raw damage about 10% worse than a shimmerion:

Thought it is the usual crap, until I searched in POE.Trade and couldn't find something meaningful better.

Shield charge helped me a lot in leaning the Elder fight (didn't do this last season ever) deathless, and fortify isn't that bad to have when the charge connects anything.

Atziris opens a lot of possibilities - until then a 6 link and a damage Shiel will have to do. Damage is comfortable for yellow elder, but could be more ;).
i need help: look at my character "donrodolfo", i have almost everything except for shimmerion, but curses never reflect over enemies... why?
"
puppapuppa11 wrote:
i need help: look at my character "donrodolfo", i have almost everything except for shimmerion, but curses never reflect over enemies... why?

Maybe because you use a warding flask, so you are not receiving curses yourself?
If you use that shield, you dont need that flask I guess.
IGN: Gonorreitor

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info