[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

hi, im currently about level 44 and trying to do the innocence boss in act5. Doing almost no damage with arc totems to him, would take about an hour to take him down... any tips?
"
sooshka wrote:
hi, im currently about level 44 and trying to do the innocence boss in act5. Doing almost no damage with arc totems to him, would take about an hour to take him down... any tips?

You shouldn't be having any difficulty with him. Just drop totems and dodge stuff. Make sure your links are right. Assuming you have at least a 4 link? I cruised through the game on a 4 link and even up to tier 5 maps. Hell, even now I am only using a 5 link.

Wrath + totems and maybe a stone golem should be fine.
Hi All,

I am having severe issues dealing with the syndicate members. They literally one shot me no matter what i do and my totems just cant last long enough to kill them.

Plus the amount of minions that are spawned makes it near impossible to move and spawn totems as they kill them instantly.

Please may you look at my passive tree and gear to see what the issue is?

I think damage is the biggest problem here but just no idea how to resolve it

My damage tooltip is 26k (with no power charges) it goes up to 34 with power charges. Still not enough, feel like it should be 40k base then 50l+ with power charges but no idea how to do this without having to go for the stupud 6link soul mantle + atziri's reflection...which is not going to be possible as thats 40ex required. (all my items i have, manage to self find which have to admit, pretty darn lucky, best luck ive ever had since starting this game in Beta.

HP is 4.55k, Mana is 2.2k. I do need my last ascendancy but that will only affect my mana, wont do anything else.

Honestly feels like hirophant totem build is worthless in this league.
"
Mentalmike wrote:
Hi All,

I am having severe issues dealing with the syndicate members. They literally one shot me no matter what i do and my totems just cant last long enough to kill them.

Plus the amount of minions that are spawned makes it near impossible to move and spawn totems as they kill them instantly.

My damage tooltip is 26k (with no power charges) it goes up to 34 with power charges. Still not enough, feel like it should be 40k base then 50l+ with power charges but no idea how to do this without having to go for the stupud 6link soul mantle + atziri's reflection...which is not going to be possible as thats 40ex required. (all my items i have, manage to self find which have to admit, pretty darn lucky, best luck ive ever had since starting this game in Beta.

HP is 4.55k, Mana is 2.2k. I do need my last ascendancy but that will only affect my mana, wont do anything else.

No one is saying this is the best build in game but it's still good. I am at work so I don't have time to fully review your gear and passive but I can tell you that with my gear I have 85k dps with power charges and it foes to 200k+ on map due to the bonus of damage per kill. I have 4k life and 2100 mana and do not have the survivability issues you are explaining about. You just have to position yourself correctly. Totems do die which is annoying but can be alleviated with better totem placement and potentially a level 21/20 spell totem which gives it about 1000 more hp.

Most importantly you are rocking an elder essence worm ring which costs 15 ex ad yet you are using some shitty 6L which costs i don't know like 60c?

Your shield sucks balls. If you are not going to use +1 totem shield (which you should) then play with 2 wands... replace the belt with a stygian and use a dmg jewel in there. Get an onslaught flask and wise oak..

There are so many things you can do. The most shocking thing for me is really your 15 exalt elder ring which contrasts with the rest of your gear which is quite bad :D

hope this helps

edit: You have spiritual aid and no bone helm? dude.. xD Definitely either go for + 1 totem shield and ditch the multiple totem support for controlled destruction or you have to go for soul mantle and again add controlled destruction. You need it for sure.
Last edited by chancer on Dec 21, 2018, 8:41:10 AM
"
DeathPunch79 wrote:
"
sooshka wrote:

You shouldn't be having any difficulty with him. Just drop totems and dodge stuff. Make sure your links are right. Assuming you have at least a 4 link? I cruised through the game on a 4 link and even up to tier 5 maps. Hell, even now I am only using a 5 link.

Hmmm, yeah I actually restarted him with pretty much the same gear and there wasn't any trouble this time. The entire fight took less than 5 min. The first time I ran around for 10 minutes and brought his life down by only 5%... Perhaps the game glitched?

P.S, also how can you link your items ingame on the forums here?
Last edited by sooshka on Dec 21, 2018, 10:11:40 AM
"
chancer wrote:
"
Mentalmike wrote:
Hi All,

No one is saying this is the best build in game but it's still good. I am at work so I don't have time to fully review your gear and passive but I can tell you that with my gear I have 85k dps with power charges and it foes to 200k+ on map due to the bonus of damage per kill. I have 4k life and 2100 mana and do not have the survivability issues you are explaining about. You just have to position yourself correctly. Totems do die which is annoying but can be alleviated with better totem placement and potentially a level 21/20 spell totem which gives it about 1000 more hp.

Most importantly you are rocking an elder essence worm ring which costs 15 ex ad yet you are using some shitty 6L which costs i don't know like 60c?

Your shield sucks balls. If you are not going to use +1 totem shield (which you should) then play with 2 wands... replace the belt with a stygian and use a dmg jewel in there. Get an onslaught flask and wise oak..

There are so many things you can do. The most shocking thing for me is really your 15 exalt elder ring which contrasts with the rest of your gear which is quite bad :D

hope this helps

edit: You have spiritual aid and no bone helm? dude.. xD Definitely either go for + 1 totem shield and ditch the multiple totem support for controlled destruction or you have to go for soul mantle and again add controlled destruction. You need it for sure.

I chanced the Elder Essence Worm ring yesterday (hence my comment about luck) and then bought a Mark of the shaper (58c) which was majority of my chaos.

6l i need to upgrade, but i cant until i have either a Loreweave or Sould Mantle 6l or even a better one which I havent been able to find and buy.

Helmet I am looking to upgrade, but the Spiritural Aid is only an experiment to see how good the damage increase was. I will look at upgrading the helm to a Bone Helmet but i need to sort out Res and Dex in parrallel which requires some currency.

Lastly I have not unlocked the +1 totem shield. I am desperate to find one but I get maybe 1 veiled item every 6-10 encounters. Now that I fail 3/4 encounters I never get anything. It is literally a vicious circle.

It is ironic considering Red Elder and Shaper is a cake walk, not deathless (due to positioning mistake) but not a problem compared to these syndicate encounters.

Will look for a shield upgrade in the mean time as that may alleviate what is needed on my gloves which then helps my helmet requirements.

I also need to get a clear mind jewel, but i feel just getting that will not resolve the lack of damage issue (which leads to survival issues)
Last edited by Mentalmike on Dec 21, 2018, 11:26:50 AM
"
Mentalmike wrote:
Hi All,

Im jealous af of your essence worm.

For mapping you could consider using a decoy totem but you would sacrifice dps. I also run with phase run which helps. Just a couple suggestions. The guy above already gave you shit about your gear so I won't bother with that. GL!
"
sooshka wrote:
"
DeathPunch79 wrote:
"
sooshka wrote:

Hmmm, yeah I actually restarted him with pretty much the same gear and there wasn't any trouble this time. The entire fight took less than 5 min. The first time I ran around for 10 minutes and brought his life down by only 5%... Perhaps the game glitched?

P.S, also how can you link your items ingame on the forums here?

Yeah could have just been a bug. To link your items just reply to post and click your character up above. Ctrl-click the items and the click the "X" to close down the character screen. You should be able to check your preview and see your items. GL
First league here!
I am using a similar build as I have been mix and matching different guides. Opted for cheap +1 totem instead of soul mantle due IDK enough about curse management. I feel a bit squishy and would like to know what upgrades to focus on to improve toughness. Map bosses dies quickly but I randomly get one shot or die if I am cornered.

Yea, not everything is great or even have +life on. That would be my starting point. Quite budget as I spent around 110c on this. 15% Oak flask just dropped for me :)
I have around 400-500c to spend for next round of upgrades.

Even considering replacing an offensive flask with a life flask...
that shield is awful...weapon can be upgraded as well. bone helmet could have higher damage and life on it. get a level 21 arc and the supp gems level 20/quality 20,then just aim for as much life on everything as you can these upgrades are all pretty cheap.
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Dec 23, 2018, 7:28:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info