Why is the right side of the tree so devoid of life?

"
zzang wrote:
How about not waste skill points for those "effective" super hot garbage skills nodes.

Instead slap on a lightning coil, taste of hate and for some extra lulz watchers eye jewel/shaper items for phys as ele damage taken and suddenly tank 12k phys boss slams with zero armour?

How about being smart and efficient sid instead dumbo?

And this would be why GGG will have to address all those "smart and efficient" interactions with some nerfs, and even "moar" spike damage added as elemental/chaos or even "moar" DoTs...

It's nice to have options, as long as they still have an Achilles heel...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
"
zzang wrote:
How about not waste skill points for those "effective" super hot garbage skills nodes.

Instead slap on a lightning coil, taste of hate and for some extra lulz watchers eye jewel/shaper items for phys as ele damage taken and suddenly tank 12k phys boss slams with zero armour?

How about being smart and efficient sid instead dumbo?

well zz, maybe because there are more builds than one that stacks pile of 'junk smart solutions' ggg decided to introduce into their game destroying foundations once laid

ofc these smart mechanics are better, they always were. but once you want to move away from a shortlist of builds that can abuse them - you will find out AR works just fine

and ofc, wake up - 12k phys hits are just a bad dream
"
sidtherat wrote:

and ofc, wake up - 12k phys hits are just a bad dream

This comes from ur dediacted end game experience of slam tanking any boss in the game and surviving or talking out of ur arse?
i consider 'tanking' a pure e-peen pumping experience. if i can move away from danger - ill do it, my ego wont hurt because of that

moving self-esteem reasons out of the way, what 12k phys hits you can name?

shaper? phys/cold. taste of hate cuts both pretty well and there is like 0 reasons to get hit by one ever
uber atziri? spear attack wont hit you for 12k, ever. trio? mostly degens, not hits. phys rain of arrows from the chick once 3rd enraged might be tough but both here and in vaal temple you kill her first. remaining two deal mostly degen (and ele reflect).
elder? he is a joke
lich - havent fought him, ignored abyss league
uber oversoul slam? phys/fire and it takes someone special to get hit by it
malachai? also split ele + degens and genral chaos on the screen, not one-12k-phys-hit

minotaur burrow in extra crit map + vuln + monster/boss deal more damage MAYBE, but - just maybe. and only if you take 100% crit damage AND 100% curse effect on you. both are player error

chimaera? a joke on a 5k life build already, chaos snakes there are more scarry than his attacks

so, the dream continues or what? list the 12k phys hit or admit it was just a bad dream. or is there something more to the endgame i - scrub - havent seen yet?
"
sidtherat wrote:

shaper? phys/cold. taste of hate cuts both pretty well and there is like 0 reasons to get hit by one ever
WRONG

Its a pure physical hit that can go between 10-12k unmitigated damage.

"
sidtherat wrote:

malachai? also split ele + degens and genral chaos on the screen, not one-12k-phys-hit
WRONG

Malachai has the hardest physical slam in the game no idea where u get ur wrong informmation that the slam is not pure physical. Same with shaper, where do you get ur information from sid may i ask?

And as you pointed out some map mods can cause slams to go higher than usual. (the map mods you usually dodge)

If you dont believe me put on Immortal Call and see if you get any damage from those slams. There is your proof.

"
sidtherat wrote:
so, the dream continues or what? list the 12k phys hit or admit it was just a bad dream. or is there something more to the endgame i - scrub - havent seen yet?

So, your pretense of wannabe knowledge which turns out to be false informations didnt worked on me.

Does it make you a scrub? I dont know. Answer it yourself.

Edit: Back to topic.. I think the right hand side of the tree deserves more life nodes which provide a better choice between damage and survivability. Lightning coil and kaoms are all nice and such but they also limit choices.
Last edited by zzang on Feb 3, 2018, 8:09:40 AM
bite the hook did you.. great. and now:

AR is bad because there are two instances in the entire game when doing something stupid can kill you? are you for real? is this seriously what you claim?

btw: isnt the shaper slam damage around 10k mark (given you can consistently survive it with 7k life/mom RF setup)? it makes it ONE instance - when you forget curse removal flask AND get hit by something that screams 'avoid me' with big fat red letters

"
sidtherat wrote:

AR is bad because there are two instances in the entire game when doing something stupid can kill you? are you for real? is this seriously what you claim?

btw: isnt the shaper slam damage around 10k mark (given you can consistently survive it with 7k life/mom RF setup)? it makes it ONE instance - when you forget curse removal flask AND get hit by something that screams 'avoid me' with big fat red letters

You can try to detract but it doesnt change the fact that you were talking jack shit. Now safe yourself the time waste. Specc freely into armour im not gonna convince you otherwise that it sucks.
"
sidtherat wrote:

Not wanting to disturb you guys, but iirc shaper slam is ~17k everywhere in his area and malachai slam ~10k dropping to 5k at it's edge. (core vs shaper realm)
This is according to poedb and kinda backed by LL RF loltanks.
Last edited by Bananaplasm on Feb 3, 2018, 8:27:49 AM
"
sidtherat wrote:
i consider 'tanking' a pure e-peen pumping experience. if i can move away from danger - ill do it, my ego wont hurt because of that

moving self-esteem reasons out of the way, what 12k phys hits you can name?

uber atziri? spear attack wont hit you for 12k, ever. trio? mostly degens, not hits. phys rain of arrows from the chick once 3rd enraged might be tough but both here and in vaal temple you kill her first. remaining two deal mostly degen (and ele reflect).
elder? he is a joke
lich - havent fought him, ignored abyss league
uber oversoul slam? phys/fire and it takes someone special to get hit by it

minotaur burrow in extra crit map + vuln + monster/boss deal more damage MAYBE, but - just maybe. and only if you take 100% crit damage AND 100% curse effect on you. both are player error

chimaera? a joke on a 5k life build already, chaos snakes there are more scarry than his attacks

Pretty sure that a crit from a rare dropbear, gargoyle or giant skeleton in a map with increased monster damage/crit multi could do 12k physical before mitigation.
theres definitely too little life over there, ur kind of forced to take everything if u want enough and that is very limiting and boring tree wise.

"
suszterpatt wrote:

Of course, realism is a very poor justification for any design decision, especially in a game with copious amounts of magic and talking pirate ghosts.

Phys mitigation of armour isnt all about realism, its about balance. It would be impossible to balance physical damage hits if armour was better than it is now at dealing with large hits. Look at this thread already as an example, what are we talking about? Look at what the game was like when we had access to a lot of +max res.

If an armour character has 75% physical reduction just from armour against all hits then think about comparing that to elemental damage. We all have 75% resist and ele damage is balanced around that, things that should kill you kill you with 75%, things that should be survivable are so with 75%. Now imagine 1/3 of the characters in the game have 75% ele resist and the other 2/3 have 0% ele resist. Would you run a map with 0% ele resist? Would u even run maps with 40% ele resist, never mind 0%? You cannot balance dangerous damage when someone is taking 4x the damage of another person.

Armour works the way it works because that is essential to damage balance in the wider picture, its not just about realism, but yes it is also realistic that if you get hit with the edge of a sword having a ton of armour is better than wearing a shirt, but if you get run over by a bus then ur dead with a shirt or a suit of armour.

"
WHAT??! Don't you enjoy wasting 10 points to go to the SCION LIFE WHEEL?

/s

Life only feels bad on the right side of the tree if you are wearing more than 2 uniques without life AND all of your rares do not have at least T2 life.

You can get 5k life on the right side of the tree, but it forces the player into a lot of gearing decisions like Kaom's or Belly. It would be nice if they added a percent to some of the nodes over there.

"
Baron01 wrote:
I definitely feel lack of life nodes on right-side of skill tree. You can get around 150% increased maximum life without going into Scion life wheel or push into Marauder area. I feel mostly impacted when playing Shadow, most impacted, and Ranger, somewhat impacted.

"
Baron01 wrote:
"
BossOfThisGym wrote:
I've never had a problem getting 200+% life on ranger/shadow builds, plus you get OP acro+phase over there.

200%+ is impossible without going into Scion life wheel, which again would mean you would have to significantly reduce your offensive node selection.

I have just recreated Mathil's recent Reave Pathfinder and picking all life nodes in earch, I only got into 181% increased maximum life. This includes every single life node from Duelist area, Ranger area and major Shadow clusters. Only nodes left are those above Shadow, which are combination of life and energy shield, which are very inefficient investments.

I feel like theres a bit of overstating stuff here.

I have a melee dagger ranger that has been on the go forever, shes got a little over 7k life at lvl95 with a lightning coil on and she doesnt go to the scion life wheel or the marauder. Using the life in the duelist, ranger and shadow areas she has 206% life and then she has 4 jewel slots which is another 28%, so its a 234% life build. Jewel slots are there to stock up on what ur lacking.

I agree with the guy earlier who said that when u play an evasion build u feel forced into a coil or kaoms, I certainly feel that way. Now when I put on a coil its insane, evasion is so good, but I wouldnt even consider it for a serious build without either the coil or the kaoms, and I got to be honest when I do kaoms its a legacy kaoms on standard, I wouldnt even use a modern kaoms, weaksauce imo.

I feel like a lot of the 4% nodes over there should be 5%, its just too starved. We shouldnt have to take almost every life node across 40% of the entire passive tree and use a couple of specific unique chests just to have a build that feels sufficient for rolled red tier maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info