Why is the right side of the tree so devoid of life?

"
IIPheXII wrote:
Because then there would be no point in being in the left side if you can be in the right while having the same amount of life and access to wayyyyy more damage nodes.

That's stupid so the entire concept to counter low life is just more DPS? Which as I stated earlier.

Or I guess wear a kaoms which is even still shit at 5k hp
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Feb 1, 2018, 9:22:43 PM
Instead of adding more %life nodes to the tree, GGG should buff existing life nodes back to where they were before Ascendancies blew up POE with massive power creep. With the paltry 3-5% max life boost of standard life nodes, players are forced into sprawling paths that typically cover half the skill tree, grabbing EVERY LIFE NODE AVAILABLE, just to make minimally adequate 4-5K HP builds. The unintended consequence is to obliterate build diversity, as HP builds all have to follow the same well-worn path-of-life-node routes and have few points left to specialize in build-specific offensive nodes.

With boosted percentages, life nodes could be more tighly clustered across the skill tree, with long, lifeless 10-point attribute paths between clusters. That would make sprawling builds less efficient and incentivize players to concentrate their skill points within their characters' starting point areas. While numerous options to bridge across skill tree areas should remain available, they should require trade-offs rather than being the de riguer detours currently imposed on life builds.
Last edited by RogueMage on Feb 2, 2018, 3:11:14 AM
"
TheNightFly wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

acro and evasion, which is stronger then armor.

lol, no

Armor is stronger than evasion because it reduces the physical damage of every hit you take. Evasion only reduces your chance of being hit. That's effective at lower levels but, at higher levels, you will die from crits all over the place and lose more xp than you can gain.

To ballance evasion with armor, it needs to mitigate crit damage.

False.

Armor only helps with the phys portion of the monsters, evasion and dodge makes you not take the damage at all, therefore mitigating the added damage as ele from map mods.

Some armor is useful, but lots of evasion is far more useful then lots of armor.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Compared to the left side?

Because the left side is devoid of ES?

Is that a good reason? nah but thats what I read into the design of the skill tree.
Same as top is spell/elemental and bottom physical... (over simplified yes)

I definitely feel lack of life nodes on right-side of skill tree. You can get around 150% increased maximum life without going into Scion life wheel or push into Marauder area. I feel mostly impacted when playing Shadow, most impacted, and Ranger, somewhat impacted.

I do not think adding more life nodes or even buffing existing nodes with more % increase is a solution because it would simply allow players to get more life and remain as powerful.

I would love to see new keystones or notables added around skill tree that would provide defensive bonuses at a cost of offensive abilities. Keystones should be located on right and upper-right side of the tree to balance abundance of offensive nodes there. Keystones with these effects should be evenly spread around whole tree to give more options to all classes.

Example of a notable: Gain 5% additional physical/elemental damage reduction at cost of 10% reduced global damage.

Example of Keystone: Damage from savage hit is reduced by 300 damage after mitigation, can only occur every 10 seconds. Non-savage hits are increased by 30 damage each.
I've never had a problem getting 200+% life on ranger/shadow builds, plus you get OP acro+phase over there.
"
BossOfThisGym wrote:
I've never had a problem getting 200+% life on ranger/shadow builds, plus you get OP acro+phase over there.

200%+ is impossible without going into Scion life wheel, which again would mean you would have to significantly reduce your offensive node selection.

I have just recreated Mathil's recent Reave Pathfinder and picking all life nodes in earch, I only got into 181% increased maximum life. This includes every single life node from Duelist area, Ranger area and major Shadow clusters. Only nodes left are those above Shadow, which are combination of life and energy shield, which are very inefficient investments.

Remove ailment bullshit and add an another scion life cluster to there. Done.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
GGG assumed you will go CI from there.....oh wait, I mean hybrid...oh wait.

you are not meant to play on the side!
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Outside of life nodes debate, which is rather moot, there are other inconsistencies in the design and mechanics located in skill tree.

Avoidance stats, such as evasion and dodge, need high life pools to work well in those case where RNG is not on player's side. You will get hit eventually and hit on evasion/dodge characters is usually very hard with little to no mitigation. That is why you pair high life pool and avoidance.

Mitigation stats, such as armor, should not require high life pools because hits should get reduced to manageable amounts. You will have to invest more mitigation stats but you should be able to go with lower amount of life.

And now lets look at PoE...armor is very ineffective against big hits, which is a design decision I simply do not understand. Armor is also does not work against elemental damage, therefore, you always have to focus on other means of surviving. If you want to go all avoidance, you will be penalized on mitigation, which will further increase size of hits once they land but you also have to deal with relatively scarce amount of life nodes on right-side of the skill tree.

Fortify is a good concept but its implementation is questionable. I can only assume that due to Fortify wide-spread use, GGG must balance the game with it in mind. This means that if you use it, you do not get much benefit above what would be expected but if you do not use it, you are way behind and will be punished. Fortify also was supposed to help melee with the imbalance of damage intake, yet melee characters are not better suited to apply Fortify as casters in most cases.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info