Why is the right side of the tree so devoid of life?

Compared to the left side?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last bumped on Jul 8, 2018, 7:34:39 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
They are sneaky and agile, why would they need life? They dodge everything. (no, they are not, lol)
Yea the amount of life there is suckish low. When i play bow ranger i feel forced to either wear lightning coil or kaoms. I think those two items cant be the solution to the problem.
Because the passive tree was created (and not significantly modified since) for a different game than PoE has become.
"
Namcap wrote:
Because the passive tree was created (and not significantly modified since) for a different game than PoE has become.

Exactly this.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Like I can counter the 4k hp with I suppose the dumbest shit ever which 999999999999k dps I get that but a single mistake and you're dead.

Shit is like Contra up in this bitch.

I really don't like that.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Feb 1, 2018, 12:32:05 PM
Right side of the tree has acro and evasion, which is stronger then armor.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
because all the damage nodes took all the available slots

since jewels roll both % and flat life there is no excuse for not hiting 6k hp without real effort. 5k is enough for pretty much every content except for stuff like vaal temple or certain mod combos

The real question you should ask yourself is, "why is the lack of Life on the right side of the tree a problem?"

In just about every other game, a low life pool coupled with binary defenses like evasion and high recovery is a perfectly functional form of defense, so why not in PoE?

The answer, of course, is because instant logout demands a oneshot meta, and in a oneshot meta that kind of defense doesn't work. Instead, the most reliable defense is a high life pool.

Adding a 5 second logout timer and rebalancing monster damage accordingly would make this problem disappear without any changes to the tree itself.
Last edited by suszterpatt on Feb 1, 2018, 1:14:35 PM
"
suszterpatt wrote:
The real question you should ask yourself is, "why is the lack of Life on the right side of the tree a problem?"

In just about every other game, a low life pool coupled with binary defenses like evasion and high recovery is a perfectly functional form of defense, so why not in PoE?

The answer, of course, is because instant logout demands a oneshot meta, and in a oneshot meta that kind of defense doesn't work. Instead, the most reliable defense is a high life pool.

Adding a 5 second logout timer and rebalancing monster damage accordingly would make this problem disappear without any changes to the tree itself.

Instant leech is gone, except for one item.

So repeating this argument in the current patch isn't correct.

Furthermore, they arne't going to add a timer or remove logout option, would essentially be a completely different game.

If you try and do content in any ARPG game and take a hit that is telegraphed that you were suppose to dodge, you are going to die. It doesn't matter if you have 6k life on the left side or 6k life from the ride side, if that hits, your dead.

Everyone loves to do this comparison, but always take the scion life wheel into consideration. GGG has already made pathing to life nodes on the right easier.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info